COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1034

starting strength gym
Page 1034 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 34534934984102410321033103410351036104410841134 ... LastLast
Results 10,331 to 10,340 of 11546

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10331
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    167

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    What shall we do with people like the guy who created the above web site? How do we rewire their thinking? All slaves must comply and stop believing what they see with their own eyes. Wrong-think is a matter of national security.

    I apologize for interrupting the victory laps; please continue. If you make it trendy enough, perhaps we will all join in! Perhaps Tom Hanks will help?
    Love the new sarcastic approach, Kit! It's how the Russians under the USSR who "got it" but didn't want to be sent to the gulags handled the cognitive dissonance required to try to live in such a society without driving oneself insane - biting sarcasm and concise wit.

    I only take issue with your choice of the word "slave"- I find "tax serf" much more apt, as ever since the (WWI?) war funding venture that snuck the income tax upon us, we've really just been paying the growing government kings for permission to live and make money on their land. Our leaders would share NONE of the income we generate -they'd suck it ALL away - if we were already slaves.

    How did it come to this, modern-day tax serfdom? That's a philosophical question for another day, though it has been decently considered already by Jenni and other Dear Members of our forum. More practically speaking... if one could find a way to live on this monstrously huge government's land while paying little to none of the sharecropper fee, that would be quite an accomplishment, and quite an achievement of securing one's God-given liberty and prosperity while enjoying the protections and money-making opportunities that being an American provide!

  2. #10332
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    RS WY
    Posts
    973

    Default

    WIIGELIC[sic]: Sorry. I must have had you confused with someone who thought there the election must have been stolen.
    iíve never said it wasnít ďstolenĒ, it probably was.

    all iíve said is that the stateís legislatures are solely responsible for presidential electors, and therefore are the only party with standing to file suit in their respective state courts. joe blow citizen has no standing to file suit in their own state court, another stateís court, or federal court. iíve said it so many times iím blue in the face, as it were. ANYBODY WHO DISAGREES WITH THIS PLEASE PROVIDE EVIDENCE FROM EITHER THE US CONSTITUTION OR CASE LAW PRECEDENT INDICATING WHY THIS IS IS INCORRECT.

    and iíll ask again: why have no state legislatures filed suit in their respective state courts concerning presidential election fraud? how many members of this board who are residents of wisconsin, michigan, georgia, or pennsylvania have petitioned their state legislature to file suit?

  3. #10333
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    words
    All I'm saying is that the anti-Trump camp was incredibly diverse and united in a sense of brooding resolve. One fellow claimed that the large size of pro-Trump rallies vs. pro-Biden rallies means that the same share of the country could not have voted for both men.

    He's right. The other half of the country voted against Trump, not for Biden.

  4. #10334
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    because as far as iím concerned anyone who votes on those fraud enablers is an idiot

    And anyone who "votes" (equivalent to playing doctor as a child) in future elections, is an idiot.

    Yngvi or Kitsuma, I think it was one of you - your idea of unregistering to vote, or at LEAST removing your Dem/GOP party registration, really caught my attention.

    I'll give it until the second week of February until things pan out, but this is exactly what I (and I'll get my wife and friends to do it, too) will be doing.

    I was thinking over the past few days, after reading your excellent post, that such a move would cause much more effect of it were done en masse. TENS OF THOUSANDS used to show up to these Trump rallies, so how hard would it be to get Deplorables (and Bernie Bros) to go along?

    Getting something like a "After The Steal, I UNvoted" hashtag, with screenshots of the registration cancellation paperwork, going, with millions involved, shouldn't be so tough, but I'm no SMM specialist so I'm not sure how to get that going.

    Rip maybe with your larger pull and bigger following you know people who could make something like this go viral?

    Lest this sound like something unrealistic or unreasonable, keep in mind that people participating in the various White and Urban Flights of the past 50 years also were trying to get out of the system to save themselves and make a statement. And Conservatives who continued to hold their beliefs but did not get involved enough in academia, protesting, inc., or the bureaucracy also saw how the system churned on without them.

    Wait. I've just made the point of how a massive unregistering-to-vote movement against the Democrats would be futile. D'oh!

    But actually I'm right on target, as the intended audience for this Show of Force would be the GOP, not the Communists!

  5. #10335
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Kitsuma, thanks for your recent post! Epic! Incredible job explaining Q.

    Not sure if you follow Monkey Werx, but he posted his last update on his personal website. Heís going dark until after 1/20. According to him, Trump is saving his best move for last. Very interesting read:

    The Sicilian Defense - D5 — MonkeyWerx

  6. #10336
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Yngvi inadvertently made an important point above: The Q posts and the resulting movement is a peaceful movement. It is exactly the opposite of the MSM's portrayal. Remember that when you see false flags involving "QAnon". We believe in and support our Military. "Trust the plan" just means "Trust the military"....
    And btw, there is no "QAnon"....

    However, the people are now awake.[/b]
    It wasn't inadvertent; it was intentional.

    A psyop from Trump allies before the election would have made just as much sense as a psyop from traditional intelligence or political powers. Both sides had something to gain by creating pacifists.
    I do not know who is or was in charge or what their interests were.

    I believe any plan there potentially may ever have been failed or was abandoned.

    I still prefer "QAnon", because it sounds better and alludes to its origins.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Free T-shirt to the first person who can tell us what this troll has been going on about for the past few weeks. I have never seen the ability to talk without actually saying anything more amazingly on display.
    He thinks I am a globalist-anarcho-capitalist... the tech companies have occasionally come to similar conclusions about my advertising profile before this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ives View Post
    Unfortunate news from New Jersey - several days old, but just saw this: New Jersey gym owner staying open in defiance of lockdown order says state seized defense fund and emptied bank account
    I guess the state can seize Legal Defense funds. I did not know.
    Not like China or Venezuela or North Korea at all. I am waiting for the imminent fact check to tell me why.

  7. #10337
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    He thinks I am a globalist-anarcho-capitalist... the tech companies have occasionally come to similar conclusions about my advertising profile before this....
    You mean because of the boner pill ads you were getting?

    To chime in, once you get past the gibberish style, there seems to be some kind of sense in what Hag says. Well, “sense” might be too strong a word. Let’s say that you can find meaning connected to the written word. But only just.

  8. #10338
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    You say conservatives have been talking about election fraud for decades. I want you to show me passages by conservative authors alleging election fraud in í04 and í16, because I donít believe you.
    I don't really have a dog in this fight but the historical fact of the matter is that yes, voter fraud has been a thing fussed about for a long time. I mean, where you wanna go? 1800's New Jersey gave women the right to vote and numerous politicians claimed that thanks to that men were voting, putting on petticoats and then voting again. 1959 Louisiana purged a bunch of voters off the lists because they weren't home when it was checked on. Tammany Hall- Rep Senator Quay worked on that mess. A Gallup poll in 2016 showed 52% of Republicans called voter fraud a problem. The Dems claim that the focus on voter fraud is about racism. Now, I don't know the hearts of all Republicans but Jamelle Bouie, a NYT columnist, wrote an op-ed on the matter. The 2000 election, where Republicans blamed Dem fraud for narrow defeats in New Mexico, which George W. Bush lost by just a few hundred votes, and Missouri, where the incumbent senator, John Ashcroft, lost his re-election battle to a dead man. You can damn sure look up Republicans talking about both. Kit Bond was one of them. Ashcroft, once AG, was all over voter fraud. So, exactly how is Mr. Christiansen unbelievable, again?

  9. #10339
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    George, I love you and I don’t want to hurt your feelings… but you authored posts a few pages back about thinking that a 2017 animated sitcom starring Joseph Gordon-Leavitt was authentic Soviet propaganda. Could it be that the same lack of awareness that caused you to miss so badly here is clouding your judgement about the election fraud narrative?
    First off: Go fuck yourself.

    Second: It wasn't animated.

    Third: It is presented by the film's creators, who present themselves as a voice over actor and a producer (which they also are), as if it was authentic before the very first episode and again before the third or fourth. So taking their word for it doesn't make me particularly lacking in self awareness.

    Fourth: The fact that after posting about it, a trivial post anyway only shared to lighten up an otherwise serious thread, I went (within hours, I believe) and looked into it further, discovered my error, and publicly corrected it. Not exactly the type of behavior the strawman you are trying to create of me would have done.

    Fifth: Fuck off again for good measure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I think you’re the type who has a sort of need to believe that the people on the other side of the culture war are STUPID, not different from you, and in my experience people who persist in this belief rarely develop very clear pictures of the world.
    No. Just you.

    I jest. Though it's almost cute that you think your stupidity is what I blame for your wrongheadedness.

    I am quite aware that the "other side" disagrees with me for numerous reasons. Stupid just covers one demographic of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    You say conservatives have been talking about election fraud for decades. I want you to show me passages by conservative authors alleging election fraud in ’04 and ’16, because I don’t believe you.
    Another nice strawman.

    The gentlemen you referred to were men like Rip. I just took it upon myself to add myself to number. So you, again, pulled "conservative authors alleging election fraud in ’04 and ’16" out of your ass. But I'm sure you can find both. You'd have to actually look and be smart and sincere enough to even want to find it, but I'm sure you could....or someone meeting the above criteria could.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Free T-shirt to the first person who can tell us what this troll has been going on about for the past few weeks. I have never seen the ability to talk without actually saying anything more amazingly on display.
    He mostly creating strawmen...or rather recycling old ones. All while accusing others of doing exactly what he is doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Excellent post, yngvi, and I just want remind you and everyone else, in case it gets forgotten, that this applies EQUALLY to us "Conservatives" who believe the lies from the GOP about what they plan to do AFTER this/the next election in perpetuity.
    I often tease libertarians about how their candidates never actually want to win, but run for the money they make running and the marketing they get out of it for future book sales and speaking engagements. They'd be horrified if they actually had to do the job. They much prefer getting paid to attend what amounts to Comic-cons without the hot girls dressed like superheros.

    The same is sort of true for a huge chunk of the GOP and their media. They love playing defense. You can almost see the relief on some of their faces after the shitshow some are calling an election. There's certainly an way in which gridlock, particularly at the Federal level, often serves us better than action, but these sorry sacks of shit love playing the martyr and feigning going down with the ship. Just look at how many of them are completely unskilled in any other area of life.

    That's one of the things that was so uncommon in Trump: he has build numerous businesses and made things happen. This is why both groups of losers were shitting on his claims of economic improvement, negotiations in the Middle East, bringing troops home, and any number of other things. They just couldn't imagine what it would be like to actually try and get shit done.

    None of which is to say all Trump did gets a thumbs up from me, but he may have very well played less defense than almost anyone in the GOP and yet he was attacked more than any president in history,

  10. #10340
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I don't really have a dog in this fight but the historical fact of the matter is that yes, voter fraud has been a thing fussed about for a long time. I mean, where you wanna go? 1800's New Jersey gave women the right to vote and numerous politicians claimed that thanks to that men were voting, putting on petticoats and then voting again. 1959 Louisiana purged a bunch of voters off the lists because they weren't home when it was checked on. Tammany Hall- Rep Senator Quay worked on that mess. A Gallup poll in 2016 showed 52% of Republicans called voter fraud a problem. The Dems claim that the focus on voter fraud is about racism. Now, I don't know the hearts of all Republicans but Jamelle Bouie, a NYT columnist, wrote an op-ed on the matter. The 2000 election, where Republicans blamed Dem fraud for narrow defeats in New Mexico, which George W. Bush lost by just a few hundred votes, and Missouri, where the incumbent senator, John Ashcroft, lost his re-election battle to a dead man. You can damn sure look up Republicans talking about both. Kit Bond was one of them. Ashcroft, once AG, was all over voter fraud. So, exactly how is Mr. Christiansen unbelievable, again?
    I picked up some collection of stories for a buck from someone whom I cannot even remember (I tend to suck at names, but remember his face), who was at the time (Mid-80's) a writer for a NC paper, but grew up in NYC in the 20-30's. He talked about how the party would send a bus to round up homeless men and have them vote multiple time with trips to the barber in between: bearded, mustached, clean shaven.

    Probably a good day to be a barber. Though the place must have smelled pretty damned bad by the end of the day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •