COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1041

starting strength gym
Page 1041 of 1255 FirstFirst ... 41541941991103110391040104110421043105110911141 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,410 of 12547

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10401
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fernandina Bch, FL
    Posts
    186

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    DOJ will not charge Sen. Richard Burr for Covid stock trades
    Rich people or politicians facing consequences for their actions, in this country? No, prison is for serious crimes, like smoking weed.

    Meanwhile, this patriot from Texas offered in the earlier days of the pandemic to help the nation address its n95 mask shortage and was turned away in yet another example of this administration bungling pandemic response. https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-...691_story.html
    I've got a question for you. How many people in the U.S. have been killed by COVID-19? There's only one correct answer.

  2. #10402
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,150

    Default

    And you don't know what it is.

  3. #10403
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And you don't know what it is.
    No one does.

  4. #10404
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,963

  5. #10405
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    No one does.
    We can get a pretty good estimate, however. There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID. There are other things that contributed to it, but nothing that can explain this increase like COVID. Flu deaths have decreased, because all the evidence-based epidemiological actions that decrease the r- value of COVID have the same effect on other respiratory illnesses with the same mechanism of transmission. Suicides have went up. School shootings have went down tremendously (can't hurt someone through a laptop). Of course, flu deaths are orders or magnitude higher than school shootings each year, but a virus no one had immunity toward, for which treatment protocols were not advanced or standardized, with a national infrastructure unable to cope with ICUs being at a high capacity, creates a situation in which the death rate is orders of magnitude higher than can be explained by either of those or other causes. Furthermore, the quality of life of those who go on a respirator and manage to survive is often much worse than prior to contacting the virus. Post-COVID lungs worse than the worst smokers' lungs, surgeon says - CBS News Think of the comparison between someone who strength trains in their 70s and someone who doesn't. A similar difference in quality of life is seen in those who get exhausted putting on their socks and shoes in the morning because their lung function is so vastly decreased.

    And all those people, many of whom are out of work both due to some degree of necessary (albeit often overzealous) governmental response as well as simply reduced demand, have medical bills to pay when they get discharged from the ICU. Many of those who lost their health insurance that was tied to their ability to maintain employment in the worst economic situation since the great depression now have to pay for it on their own.

    The net effects of this virus are not only deaths, which can definitely be measured scientifically in an indirect way, but also poor health outcomes, drained bank accounts, and more meager existences for those who have to suffer through it.

  6. #10406
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    We jcan get a pretty good estimate, however. There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID. There are other things that contributed to it, but nothing that can explain this increase like COVID. Flu deaths have decreased, because all the evidence-based epidemiological actions that decrease the r- value of COVID have the same effect on other respiratory illnesses with the same mechanism of transmission. Suicides have went up. School shootings have went down tremendously (can't hurt someone through a laptop). Of course, flu deaths are orders or magnitude higher than school shootings each year, but a virus no one had immunity toward, for which treatment protocols were not advanced or standardized, with a national infrastructure unable to cope with ICUs being at a high capacity, creates a situation in which the death rate is orders of magnitude higher than can be explained by either of those or other causes. Furthermore, the quality of life of those who go on a respirator and manage to survive is often much worse than prior to contacting the virus. Post-COVID lungs worse than the worst smokers' lungs, surgeon says - CBS News Think of the comparison between someone who strength trains in their 70s and someone who doesn't. A similar difference in quality of life is seen in those who get exhausted putting on their socks and shoes in the morning because their lung function is so vastly decreased.

    And all those people, many of whom are out of work both due to some degree of necessary (albeit often overzealous) governmental response as well as simply reduced demand, have medical bills to pay when they get discharged from the ICU. Many of those who lost their health insurance that was tied to their ability to maintain employment in the worst economic situation since the great depression now have to pay for it on their own.

    The net effects of this virus are not only deaths, which can definitely be measured scientifically in an indirect way, but also poor health outcomes, drained bank accounts, and more meager existences for those who have to suffer through it.
    Why even bother to post such a silly article here, with no reference as to what a personís lungs look like after ANY severe respiratory illness?

  7. #10407
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    We can get a pretty good estimate, however. There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID. There are other things that contributed to it, but nothing that can explain this increase like COVID. Flu deaths have decreased, because all the evidence-based epidemiological actions that decrease the r- value of COVID have the same effect on other respiratory illnesses with the same mechanism of transmission. Suicides have went up. School shootings have went down tremendously (can't hurt someone through a laptop). Of course, flu deaths are orders or magnitude higher than school shootings each year, but a virus no one had immunity toward, for which treatment protocols were not advanced or standardized, with a national infrastructure unable to cope with ICUs being at a high capacity, creates a situation in which the death rate is orders of magnitude higher than can be explained by either of those or other causes. Furthermore, the quality of life of those who go on a respirator and manage to survive is often much worse than prior to contacting the virus. Post-COVID lungs worse than the worst smokers' lungs, surgeon says - CBS News Think of the comparison between someone who strength trains in their 70s and someone who doesn't. A similar difference in quality of life is seen in those who get exhausted putting on their socks and shoes in the morning because their lung function is so vastly decreased.

    And all those people, many of whom are out of work both due to some degree of necessary (albeit often overzealous) governmental response as well as simply reduced demand, have medical bills to pay when they get discharged from the ICU. Many of those who lost their health insurance that was tied to their ability to maintain employment in the worst economic situation since the great depression now have to pay for it on their own.

    The net effects of this virus are not only deaths, which can definitely be measured scientifically in an indirect way, but also poor health outcomes, drained bank accounts, and more meager existences for those who have to suffer through it.
    This is such a load of absolutely bullshit. United States of America Death rate, 1950-2020 - knoema.com

    The mortality rate in the US in 1950 was 9.7 deaths per 1000, in 2010 it was 8.1/1000, and this year it is 8.9/1000, having risen steadily since 2010. There are more total deaths now because there are more total people. The death rate in 2016 was up from the previous year by 1.31%, in 2017 by 1.37%, in 2018 by 1.35%, in 2019 by 1.29%, and in 2020 by 1.19%. Note the trend. If flu deaths decreased because the measures preventing COVID-19 are dropping it, why aren't they dropping COVID-19? You do not know what an "order of magnitude" is. You don't know anything about quality of life issues if you "learned" about it from CBS News. CBS News is just like you: they are liars, because that's what the Left does. They lie. Always, and about everything. For example, about what actually killed people who "died of COVID-19." You have no idea how many people died of this shit, and you are a liar if you say you do. Yet you are your Leftist buddies have gleefully seized all the power available to them as a result of the fear produced in the general public by your fucking lies.

    And don't tell me about the horrible effects of your bullshit policies that have grown from your lies about the "pandemic." This is your fault, and I have been detailing the carnage for months. You and all your leftist buddies can go get fucked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Why even bother to post such a silly article here, with no reference as to what a person¬’s lungs look like after ANY severe respiratory illness?
    He's not very smart, and what he doesn't know he lies about, because that's what you learn in Leftism School.

  8. #10408
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    We can get a pretty good estimate, however. There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID. There are other things that contributed to it, but nothing that can explain this increase like COVID.
    What's the number of covid deaths? And how many thousands have died more than a 'normal' year? Specific numbers please.

  9. #10409
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,150

    Default

    Orders of Magnitude. He's already told you.

  10. #10410
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    509

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Just giving the lad a chance....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Orders of Magnitude. He's already told you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •