COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1042

starting strength gym
Page 1042 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 42542942992103210401041104210431044105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,420 of 12854

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10411
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    660

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    ...Hopefully I didn’t ramble too much. Tl;dr: Anybody who tells you that you are scoring a victory against global capitalism by decentralizing democratic institutions sees you as a mark.
    I don't know how high you are when you type these things, but this one had some interesting ideas. (Don't interpret that statement as an invitation to try to sell me dick pills)


    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    The enforcers of illegal lockdowns that violate the constitution and their oath to it can burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    1- Without a threat, either of withholding something needed or of violence, a protest is just bitching. Maybe kind or moral people would care, but that is not who is being dealt with. They don't need anything they cannot take, including your vote, your money, and eventually the ability to defend yourself with any hope of success. Look at all the 2A folks that protested in Virginia and then had gun laws passed before the saloon door stopped swinging.
    Warning or whining are the choices.
    2- A viable threat + ability to act upon it is justification for self defense. Screw optics. Most of the current "middle class" are sheep and will believe whatever optics are presented to them. Truth be damned. Just look at all the mask wearers....or the Proud Boys incident in NYC...or any other number of cases where the media aka Leftist propaganda machinery has decided what you need to believe.
    I avoid violence as much a possible, but hit first and hit hard is the way to go when you have to go at all.
    And, of course, I am not saying any of this applies to any current events and it is certainly not a call to violence. Just a thought experiment on a typical Wednesday afternoon explaining the idea that playing by the "rules" that the other team sets, but does not themselves heed is utter BS. No idea who "them" could be or if there are a "them".
    You are right, but we need to be pragmatic.
    We need as many military members and policemen on our side as possible; even if they have, as individuals, made mistakes in the past and we know they will not be perfect people in the future.
    Those two groups could still spur a peaceful reformation, should the individual members choose to organize on their own and make it happen.

    Of course, we are all pacifists and nothing we type should ever be construed by any readers as support for any amount of violence, whatsoever.
    Regardless, the extremists I have read about on CNN would be making a big mistake if they were to target soldiers, police, the zombie-president Biden or the capitols that are currently under military occupation.

    From a strategic perspective, a rational timeline for the escalation of grievances should be followed.
    When our courts were functioning, they were designed to have cases heard at lower courts before being escalated to the Supreme Court.

    It is going to be interesting to see what the millions of disillusioned QAnon followers choose to do as they try to come to terms with the realization that there was no plan.

    Fly your flags upside down.
    Biden is #notTHEpresident

  2. #10412
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    RS WY
    Posts
    973

    Default

    The mortality rate in the US in 1950 was 9.7 deaths per 1000, in 2010 it was 8.1/1000, and this year it is 8.9/1000, having risen steadily since 2010. There are more total deaths now because there are more total people. The death rate in 2016 was up from the previous year by 1.31%, in 2017 by 1.37%, in 2018 by 1.35%, in 2019 by 1.29%, and in 2020 by 1.19%.
    For whatever it's worth:

    test.jpg

    Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19

  3. #10413
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    It is going to be interesting to see what the millions of disillusioned QAnon followers choose to do as they try to come to terms with the realization that there was no plan.
    Not a Qtard myself, but the idea that there was no plan is simply the least reasonable possibility. It pretty much means trump was trolling us all. possible, but quite unlikely IMO.

    It is much more likely that the plan failed once started or the people needed to pull off the plan failed to participate at all or the plan was to let Biden be sworn in so that Trump himself has standing ala the link i shared previously here.

    I do think that if Trump does not at least try a writ of quo warranto or have a very good explanation for not doing so, then maybe we are looking at Manchurian Candidate sort of shit, but there is too much obvious evidence of monkey business in the election to be anything less than a national level shit test by the powers that be to see how much lube they're gonna need. But that is the last legal option outside of military intervention.

    I'll give it until the end of the month before I start worrying about what pairs well with black pills though.

  4. #10414
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is such a load of absolutely bullshit. United States of America Death rate, 1950-2020 - knoema.com

    The mortality rate in the US in 1950 was 9.7 deaths per 1000, in 2010 it was 8.1/1000, and this year it is 8.9/1000, having risen steadily since 2010. There are more total deaths now because there are more total people. The death rate in 2016 was up from the previous year by 1.31%, in 2017 by 1.37%, in 2018 by 1.35%, in 2019 by 1.29%, and in 2020 by 1.19%. Note the trend. If flu deaths decreased because the measures preventing COVID-19 are dropping it, why aren't they dropping COVID-19? You do not know what an "order of magnitude" is. You don't know anything about quality of life issues if you "learned" about it from CBS News. CBS News is just like you: they are liars, because that's what the Left does. They lie. Always, and about everything. For example, about what actually killed people who "died of COVID-19." You have no idea how many people died of this shit, and you are a liar if you say you do. Yet you are your Leftist buddies have gleefully seized all the power available to them as a result of the fear produced in the general public by your fucking lies.

    And don't tell me about the horrible effects of your bullshit policies that have grown from your lies about the "pandemic." This is your fault, and I have been detailing the carnage for months. You and all your leftist buddies can go get fucked.



    He's not very smart, and what he doesn't know he lies about, because that's what you learn in Leftism School.
    Good job, coach! You exposed what I got wrong. I wasn't being exact enough, and said something that was similar to what I intended, but meant something else entirely. Spot on analysis refuting my central claim at the beginning. I said "There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID." The data you provided conclusively proves that is false. The primary driver of an increase in number of dead people each year is an increase in the growing population, as you have indicated irrefutably. What I should have been more careful to say, instead, was that the number of deaths predicted using statistics, calculus and epidemiological science including data from previous years, and calculated by people who have made it their life's work to study this kind of thing, funded by the most powerful country on Earth, is greater than that expected.

    The causative factor in this divergence from what was expected can be conclusively said to be from COVID-19. Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19 Here's data from a 3-letter organization better than CBS, the CDC. The figure near the middle of the page shows tens of thousands more people than expected, that is, than that calculated through established specialized demographic techniques, died in the year 2020. As can be seen, every year, more people die on an average summer week than an average winter week. Cold weather is inherently deadly. Vitamin D production goes down, people freeze, but mostly, immune systems get suppressed when temperatures are colder. That's why flu season is usually in the winter. There are 330 million Americans. The estimate most epidemiologists researching COVID-19 deaths in the US would give for total deaths due to this virus is 400,000. It's not that exact number, but it is in the neighborhood of that number. Obviously, with 330,000 people being one tenth of one percent of Americans, this is small in comparison to the year-to-year death rate you posted. However, that death rate can still be, and is, estimated with a 95% prediction interval, and it's undeniable, if even counting just death certificates filed alone, that in 2020 the death rate is higher than expected by hundreds of thousands. The reason for that is that there's a pandemic, a public health crisis affecting the US.

    We can discount CBS News, but I am not a leftist. I am an American who tries my damnedest to have an evidence-based understanding of the world I live in. This principle is what drove me to Starting Strength, so that I'm not wasting my time on periodization. Your program most clearly had theory backing up why it worked, as well as ample evidence that it works, and works more-efficiently than alternatives. I can certainly err in the execution of that principle, as you have seen and corrected for. Thanks for that, by the way. I don't wanna spout bullshit, and welcome all efforts to help me in the goal of avoiding doing such a thing.

  5. #10415
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Old story passed on to me. Donít post if Iíve told it here before.

    Back in the Cold War days some scientists and engineers were tasked to take some widget from laboratory bench demo to full scale field test in two years. This required 8 orders of magnitude increase in performance.

    Mid project they had a review and were asked about progress. The lead scientist announced, some good news! Weíve already achieved the first four orders of magnitude! We are right on schedule!

  6. #10416
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

    It is going to be interesting to see what the millions of disillusioned QAnon followers choose to do as they try to come to terms with the realization that there was no plan.
    You asked: Amazing Polly: Responds to those who are celebrating the failure of "The Plan"

    I suspect the massive crowdsourcing and resulting light on fuckery will continue. There's no better research tool than millions of people working together in search of truth. And there's no better weapon against tyranny than light.

    Enjoy the victory laps.

  7. #10417
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    RS WY
    Posts
    973

    Default

    When our courts were functioning
    What makes you believe the courts are not functioning?

  8. #10418
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    We can get a pretty good estimate, however. There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID. There are other things that contributed to it, but nothing that can explain this increase like COVID. Flu deaths have decreased, because all the evidence-based epidemiological actions that decrease the r- value of COVID have the same effect on other respiratory illnesses with the same mechanism of transmission. Suicides have went up. School shootings have went down tremendously (can't hurt someone through a laptop). Of course, flu deaths are orders or magnitude higher than school shootings each year, but a virus no one had immunity toward, for which treatment protocols were not advanced or standardized, with a national infrastructure unable to cope with ICUs being at a high capacity, creates a situation in which the death rate is orders of magnitude higher than can be explained by either of those or other causes. Furthermore, the quality of life of those who go on a respirator and manage to survive is often much worse than prior to contacting the virus. Post-COVID lungs worse than the worst smokers' lungs, surgeon says - CBS News Think of the comparison between someone who strength trains in their 70s and someone who doesn't. A similar difference in quality of life is seen in those who get exhausted putting on their socks and shoes in the morning because their lung function is so vastly decreased.

    And all those people, many of whom are out of work both due to some degree of necessary (albeit often overzealous) governmental response as well as simply reduced demand, have medical bills to pay when they get discharged from the ICU. Many of those who lost their health insurance that was tied to their ability to maintain employment in the worst economic situation since the great depression now have to pay for it on their own.

    The net effects of this virus are not only deaths, which can definitely be measured scientifically in an indirect way, but also poor health outcomes, drained bank accounts, and more meager existences for those who have to suffer through it.
    Rip basically said all the stuff I was going to, except he also bothered to bring out stats. I probably wasn't going to bother. I will also add, not a single person I know has died of or even in proximity to having COVID-19. Of all the people I know who have tested positive, only one even developed symptoms. It was basically a bad flu with a lot of coughing. The only person I know who DIDN'T have a positive test result but I'm pretty sure had it reasonably bad, was my 65 year old father. He was doing a lot of nasty coughing for well over a week. But he recovered. I suspect the shit they give him for blood pressure may have played a role in that outcome, since myself and my mother also got the same illness and got over it much faster (only took 1 day of bad symptoms and a fuckton of bed rest for me). Either way, there are tons of people this virus doesn't affect at all, or the testing is fucked. Take your pick.

  9. #10419
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    351

    Default

    WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05

    The WHO conveniently updated their news bulletin board yesterday drawing attention to false positives.

  10. #10420
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,260

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Good job, coach! You exposed what I got wrong. I wasn't being exact enough, and said something that was similar to what I intended, but meant something else entirely. Spot on analysis refuting my central claim at the beginning. I said "There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID." The data you provided conclusively proves that is false. The primary driver of an increase in number of dead people each year is an increase in the growing population, as you have indicated irrefutably. What I should have been more careful to say, instead, was that the number of deaths predicted using statistics, calculus and epidemiological science including data from previous years, and calculated by people who have made it their life's work to study this kind of thing, funded by the most powerful country on Earth, is greater than that expected.

    The causative factor in this divergence from what was expected can be conclusively said to be from COVID-19. Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19 Here's data from a 3-letter organization better than CBS, the CDC. The figure near the middle of the page shows tens of thousands more people than expected, that is, than that calculated through established specialized demographic techniques, died in the year 2020. As can be seen, every year, more people die on an average summer week than an average winter week. Cold weather is inherently deadly. Vitamin D production goes down, people freeze, but mostly, immune systems get suppressed when temperatures are colder. That's why flu season is usually in the winter. There are 330 million Americans. The estimate most epidemiologists researching COVID-19 deaths in the US would give for total deaths due to this virus is 400,000. It's not that exact number, but it is in the neighborhood of that number. Obviously, with 330,000 people being one tenth of one percent of Americans, this is small in comparison to the year-to-year death rate you posted. However, that death rate can still be, and is, estimated with a 95% prediction interval, and it's undeniable, if even counting just death certificates filed alone, that in 2020 the death rate is higher than expected by hundreds of thousands. The reason for that is that there's a pandemic, a public health crisis affecting the US.

    We can discount CBS News, but I am not a leftist. I am an American who tries my damnedest to have an evidence-based understanding of the world I live in. This principle is what drove me to Starting Strength, so that I'm not wasting my time on periodization. Your program most clearly had theory backing up why it worked, as well as ample evidence that it works, and works more-efficiently than alternatives. I can certainly err in the execution of that principle, as you have seen and corrected for. Thanks for that, by the way. I don't wanna spout bullshit, and welcome all efforts to help me in the goal of avoiding doing such a thing.
    Such bullshit. I don't need my cock sucked tonight. 400,000 is not even in the neighborhood of the number, and if you don't know why it's because you'd rather believe the lies. And if you people think you can mitigate all the damage you've done to the economy, and the damage you've done to society and the general public now that you've gotten Trump out of office, then I sincerely hope there is a Hell for you to enjoy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •