COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1043

starting strength gym
Page 1043 of 1243 FirstFirst ... 43543943993103310411042104310441045105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 12430

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10421
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    335

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have been detailing the carnage for months. You and all your leftist buddies can go get fucked.
    I hope you back everything up on hard drives and then bury them somewhere safe. At the rate that things are happening we are going to need to do what ever we can to safeguard and chronicle history prior to this year.

  2. #10422
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,107

    Default

    You're quite right, Gil. Thanks for the reminder.

  3. #10423
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    I hope you back everything up on hard drives and then bury them somewhere safe. At the rate that things are happening we are going to need to do what ever we can to safeguard and chronicle history prior to this year.
    Horrible idea. Hard drives would not survive burial for any length of time. Better to put it on optical disks. They would also survive an EMP.

  4. #10424
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    335

    Default

    And now they decide to publish an update on cycle threshold.
    WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05

  5. #10425
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Kevin McKernan
    Lets discuss the WHO release...
    This is the anniversary of the WHO populating
    their web site with the Drosten test that
    caused many of these problems.

    Document penned on Jan 13th but released
    during Biden's inauguration on the Jan 20th.

    Oddly, the WHO asks users to read the IFUs
    to scrutinize the proper Ct to use.

    But alas, the CD protocol has no guidance
    here and you are back to finger pointing
    accountability.

    Maybe the WHO shouldn't have such
    protocols on their website?

    Particularly when the WHO protocols point to
    NCBI accession numbers that don't contain
    the E gene they claim can be amplified from
    such sequences??

    Note these sequences only contain RdRp?

    How do E genes amplify such samples?

    https://twitter.com/Kevin_McKernan/s...198991877?s=19

    For people who are interested check out the link to his thread. He had some links to PDFs and pictures that I couldn't figure out how to put them here.

  6. #10426
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    15

    Default

    So, how about Biden's 17 executive orders?
    Personally, I find the "ethics rules" to be the most ominous one, although I haven't been able to find what those rules are yet.

  7. #10427
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default I've had it with your bullshit

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

    You and all your leftist buddies can go get fucked.

    He's not very smart,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't need my cock sucked tonight.

    I sincerely hope there is a Hell for you to enjoy.


    Listen here you little hunchbacked, fat assed, bald headed, red faced, two faced, limp dicked, long balled, hard nipped, closed minded, science denying, yes-man collecting, milk drinking, squash burning, mispronouncing, has been, sexagenarian greaseball bitch! It's a wonder you haven't broken your arm jerking yourself off. If anyone is sucking your impotent pecker it's the self-proclaimed MPBITEU and "one true voice in the strength and conditioning profession" who conveniently silences, bans, or censors any dissident voice and surrounds himself with equally chickenshit or plain stupid men who never challenge any of his ideas. Those that do are always shown the door because you can't handle the thought of others smarter than you. This FEAR of inferiority and not always being right is why the only thing you've thought long and hard about in the last 40 years relates directly to your job despite regurgitating "specialization is for insects." You extoll the virtues of obtaining the education of a hard science degree but once someone uses the skills cultivated in such a pursuit to promulgate a fact-based understanding of the world that doesn't fit your preconceived notions you reject it in the absence of evidence to the contrary, and a fuckton of evidence to back it up. You succumb to the genetic fallacy so that you may dismiss ideas of anyone you disagree with as lies because you're too lazy and scared of changing your mind to evaluate the claims put forth themselves. When the facts support your point of view you use them to refute a claim, but when they don't, you dismiss the claim anyway and take the easy way out by making ad hominem attacks or deleting posts entirely. What a miserable old pussy. It's clear your won't do Rogan because you're too much of a coward to have someone actually challenge your ideas to any degree whatsoever. Hundreds of thousands mourned the passing of coach Pendlay, because he was offering advice online until the day he died instead of constantly belittling those who saw a Q&A as a chance to learn from an expert, but the same won't be true for the insular shitstain that is you. Fuck you and your monkey!

  8. #10428
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is such a load of absolutely bullshit. United States of America Death rate, 1950-2020 - knoema.com

    The mortality rate in the US in 1950 was 9.7 deaths per 1000, in 2010 it was 8.1/1000, and this year it is 8.9/1000, having risen steadily since 2010. There are more total deaths now because there are more total people.
    Sorry Rip, this data is not correct. Unless the CDC are lying, there were roughly 3.25 million deaths in 2020 in the US. Out of a population of 330 million it is approximately 9.8 death per 1000. It doesn't mean that all the excess is due to Covid, but it certainly exists.

  9. #10429
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    And how does one deal with novel correlations?

    Hint: you investigate and, if possible, falsify them. AKA "might point to something worth investigating"

    Because without correlation there is no evidence of causation.

    Thanks for playing though.
    Alright, George, I'll bite.

    The issue with what Gilead posted, as I'm sure quite a few people noted but you somehow missed in your zealous white knighting, was that it's your typical scare tactic, clickbait headline. The statement, although probably factual, suggests a casual relationship between the deaths and the vaccination. You know, just like a headline that read " man has died after being shot". Any reasonable human being would assume that he died as a result of being shot. How surprised would you be, if you were to read the rest of the article, to learn that he died from drowning when the ambulance transporting him fell off a bridge and into a river? The headline wouldn't make much sense then, would it?

    There's a similar situation in Norway, and since that data is easily retrievable, I'll toss it out here. 33 people, who currently live in nursing homes and fall into the 75+ age bracket, died shortly after being vaccinated for Covid 19. Sounds fishy, right? Except 45 people in that particular demographic die every single day regardless of their vaccination status. Seems a little less fishy now, yeah?

    Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

    Is it worth investigating? Sure. Does it mean those scare tactic, clickbait headlines any less annoying? Nope.

    In the future, if you're going to play, you should probably check and make sure you're not showing up to a major league game with a Triple-A team.

  10. #10430
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    504

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Wtf... I didn't (nicely) ask for a dissertation. I asked for specific numbers. Please give those to me. That's all I'd like you to provide.

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Good job, coach! You exposed what I got wrong. I wasn't being exact enough, and said something that was similar to what I intended, but meant something else entirely. Spot on analysis refuting my central claim at the beginning. I said "There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID." The data you provided conclusively proves that is false. The primary driver of an increase in number of dead people each year is an increase in the growing population, as you have indicated irrefutably. What I should have been more careful to say, instead, was that the number of deaths predicted using statistics, calculus and epidemiological science including data from previous years, and calculated by people who have made it their life's work to study this kind of thing, funded by the most powerful country on Earth, is greater than that expected.

    The causative factor in this divergence from what was expected can be conclusively said to be from COVID-19. Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19 Here's data from a 3-letter organization better than CBS, the CDC. The figure near the middle of the page shows tens of thousands more people than expected, that is, than that calculated through established specialized demographic techniques, died in the year 2020. As can be seen, every year, more people die on an average summer week than an average winter week. Cold weather is inherently deadly. Vitamin D production goes down, people freeze, but mostly, immune systems get suppressed when temperatures are colder. That's why flu season is usually in the winter. There are 330 million Americans. The estimate most epidemiologists researching COVID-19 deaths in the US would give for total deaths due to this virus is 400,000. It's not that exact number, but it is in the neighborhood of that number. Obviously, with 330,000 people being one tenth of one percent of Americans, this is small in comparison to the year-to-year death rate you posted. However, that death rate can still be, and is, estimated with a 95% prediction interval, and it's undeniable, if even counting just death certificates filed alone, that in 2020 the death rate is higher than expected by hundreds of thousands. The reason for that is that there's a pandemic, a public health crisis affecting the US.

    We can discount CBS News, but I am not a leftist. I am an American who tries my damnedest to have an evidence-based understanding of the world I live in. This principle is what drove me to Starting Strength, so that I'm not wasting my time on periodization. Your program most clearly had theory backing up why it worked, as well as ample evidence that it works, and works more-efficiently than alternatives. I can certainly err in the execution of that principle, as you have seen and corrected for. Thanks for that, by the way. I don't wanna spout bullshit, and welcome all efforts to help me in the goal of avoiding doing such a thing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •