COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1045

starting strength gym
Page 1045 of 1226 FirstFirst ... 45545945995103510431044104510461047105510951145 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,450 of 12253

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10441
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,042

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Does anyone know how many people short changed their life expectancy because of COVID? Life insurance companies write policies based on life expectancy. They price it based on risk which includes medical condition and lifestyle (the bigger the policy the bigger the screening). I don’t think they care if you die with or from covid, or from quarantine boredom, just if they can underwrite accurately.

    In other words, has life insurance premiums gone up because of Covid? If they haven’t , well then we know what’s going on to a very high degree of accuracy.
    Great point. Any actuaries care to post?

  2. #10442
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Listen here you little hunchbacked, fat assed, bald headed, red faced, two faced, limp dicked, long balled, hard nipped, closed minded, science denying, yes-man collecting, milk drinking, squash burning, mispronouncing, has been, sexagenarian greaseball bitch! It's a wonder you haven't broken your arm jerking yourself off. If anyone is sucking your impotent pecker it's the self-proclaimed MPBITEU and "one true voice in the strength and conditioning profession" who conveniently silences, bans, or censors any dissident voice and surrounds himself with equally chickenshit or plain stupid men who never challenge any of his ideas. Those that do are always shown the door because you can't handle the thought of others smarter than you. This FEAR of inferiority and not always being right is why the only thing you've thought long and hard about in the last 40 years relates directly to your job despite regurgitating "specialization is for insects." You extoll the virtues of obtaining the education of a hard science degree but once someone uses the skills cultivated in such a pursuit to promulgate a fact-based understanding of the world that doesn't fit your preconceived notions you reject it in the absence of evidence to the contrary, and a fuckton of evidence to back it up. You succumb to the genetic fallacy so that you may dismiss ideas of anyone you disagree with as lies because you're too lazy and scared of changing your mind to evaluate the claims put forth themselves. When the facts support your point of view you use them to refute a claim, but when they don't, you dismiss the claim anyway and take the easy way out by making ad hominem attacks or deleting posts entirely. What a miserable old pussy. It's clear your won't do Rogan because you're too much of a coward to have someone actually challenge your ideas to any degree whatsoever. Hundreds of thousands mourned the passing of coach Pendlay, because he was offering advice online until the day he died instead of constantly belittling those who saw a Q&A as a chance to learn from an expert, but the same won't be true for the insular shitstain that is you. Fuck you and your monkey!
    ...what about the ďfucktonĒ of daily evidence on the Starting Strength Mark Rippetoe Q and A forum dating back years where he offers advice to thousands of people for free?

    Question: how much of your time have you given to help thousands of strangers to get stronger and healthier for free over the years?

    Pardon? I canít hear your answer Ghostwolf....

  3. #10443
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Not an actuary, but I sell a lot of LI. The pricing takes a bit of time to adjust, so it won't reflect changes for a while.

    But the time to underwrite/approve is much longer than it was, in general, 12 months ago. Lots of reasons for that though.

    Lastly, an approval rating may have been elite, but if someone is sick or just recovered, it may be preferred.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Great point. Any actuaries care to post?

  4. #10444
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Does anyone know how many people short changed their life expectancy because of COVID? Life insurance companies write policies based on life expectancy. They price it based on risk which includes medical condition and lifestyle (the bigger the policy the bigger the screening). I donít think they care if you die with or from covid, or from quarantine boredom, just if they can underwrite accurately.

    In other words, has life insurance premiums gone up because of Covid? If they havenít , well then we know whatís going on to a very high degree of accuracy.
    Interesting point, but I think that among the weapons in the armory, this is not the greatest for the purpose of arguing against COVID hysteria. It could be argued that the computer models they have making these calculations don't place a high premium on year-to-year fluctuations in disease, or in some other way that the various factors are weighted such that one authentically bad year for deaths from illness wouldn't be expected to move them.

  5. #10445
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    And now they decide to publish an update on cycle threshold.
    WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05

    Like clockwork.

  6. #10446
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Interesting point, but I think that among the weapons in the armory, this is not the greatest for the purpose of arguing against COVID hysteria. It could be argued that the computer models they have making these calculations don't place a high premium on year-to-year fluctuations in disease, or in some other way that the various factors are weighted such that one authentically bad year for deaths from illness wouldn't be expected to move them.
    A computer model is not the same as using a computer to do large arithmetical calculation. Both are useful, but models work with phenomenology.

    Actuaries donít need to understand how cancer shortens your life, just that it does. In reality they donít care about biology at all. Just numbers.

    The better argument is that the older you are, the less likely you have or can get life insurance. They can still accurately calculate a price all the same. I think you need an insurance policy to make a movie with Clint Eastwood, for example.

  7. #10447
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Add to that ^ (or this is what we are seeing now):

    The swell of the Boomer-population is getting closer to their end.
    Sure that generation isn't super-eldery yet, but you are a whole lot more prone to dying at say 60 y.o. than say a person at 40 y.o.

    And the increasing death rate is not surprising with all of America's obesity and diet problems.
    That will come to fruition hard and heavy in the coming years.

    I can't wait to watch the excuses over the next few years when Covid19 subsides to nothing, and the death rate continues to increase over what 2020 was.
    One excuse will certainly be that a lockdown was not hard enough.

  8. #10448
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Listen here you little hunchbacked, fat assed, bald headed, red faced, two faced, limp dicked, long balled, hard nipped, closed minded, science denying, yes-man collecting, milk drinking, squash burning, mispronouncing, has been, sexagenarian greaseball bitch! It's a wonder you haven't broken your arm jerking yourself off. If anyone is sucking your impotent pecker it's the self-proclaimed MPBITEU and "one true voice in the strength and conditioning profession" who conveniently silences, bans, or censors any dissident voice and surrounds himself with equally chickenshit or plain stupid men who never challenge any of his ideas. Those that do are always shown the door because you can't handle the thought of others smarter than you. This FEAR of inferiority and not always being right is why the only thing you've thought long and hard about in the last 40 years relates directly to your job despite regurgitating "specialization is for insects." You extoll the virtues of obtaining the education of a hard science degree but once someone uses the skills cultivated in such a pursuit to promulgate a fact-based understanding of the world that doesn't fit your preconceived notions you reject it in the absence of evidence to the contrary, and a fuckton of evidence to back it up. You succumb to the genetic fallacy so that you may dismiss ideas of anyone you disagree with as lies because you're too lazy and scared of changing your mind to evaluate the claims put forth themselves. When the facts support your point of view you use them to refute a claim, but when they don't, you dismiss the claim anyway and take the easy way out by making ad hominem attacks or deleting posts entirely. What a miserable old pussy. It's clear your won't do Rogan because you're too much of a coward to have someone actually challenge your ideas to any degree whatsoever. Hundreds of thousands mourned the passing of coach Pendlay, because he was offering advice online until the day he died instead of constantly belittling those who saw a Q&A as a chance to learn from an expert, but the same won't be true for the insular shitstain that is you. Fuck you and your monkey!
    Can't say this is far wrong. I check this thread rarely anymore and it seems to have become reduced to the same seven or eight people (who strike me as a bunch of retirement-age conspiracy hobbyists with nothing else to do with their time) who just seem to keep going round and round. What's interesting about Mr. Rippetoe is that his apparent ego, hubris and clear desire to be the infallible, all-knowing guy described above can't be helping Starting Strength (including not just Mark himself but the gyms, trainers, coaches and other people who've invested time, reputation or money into this). When the guy who says "Follow my strength program because I base it on science and experience" spends months rejecting facts and posting sketchy stuff from fringe websites, it would seem to cast in doubt his own expertise or knowledge. Every forum user he tells to go fuck themselves, or deletes accounts on, or otherwise alienates, first came here as a potential customer for what he sells. Seems odd.

    When this thread began, I think we were all looking for useful information on this new virus and how it might affect us. It seems to end as little more than a Mark Rippetoe ego project (with Q-anon included). And I agree with this poster - Mark Rippetoe, go toe-to-toe with Rogan. See where the conversation goes. You seem mostly to be making a fool of yourself here. True "strength" doesn't reveal itself by being a vulgar, thin-skinned man, but rather by having a bit of humility and decency toward others.

  9. #10449
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Actuaries are some of the most valued and competent consultants in the business/finance/economics arenas. Insurance, which is far more important than almost anyone recognizes, cannot function, and thus no business decisions can be made, without actuarial assessments of risk. They are very good at what they do.

  10. #10450
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    191

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    For shits and giggles, go to:

    Antifa.com

    Doesnít get any clearer than that

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •