COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1046

starting strength gym
Page 1046 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 4654694699610361044104510461047104810561096 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,460 of 11370

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10451
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    170

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Biden forgets to salute the Marine guards. Hears the command "Salute the Marines" in his earpiece, then SAYS those words out loud instead of saluting them. (Video below)

    They're already prepping for the 25th Amendment. 

    Biden Earpiece Fail - Repeats "Salute The Marines" Instead Of Actually Saluting Them - YouTube

  2. #10452
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I am hoping the gradual realization motivates QAnons to actively push hard for real change.

    My first issue is that we do not know who is/was controlling Q; We do not know what agendas they had or if they changed over time.
    If I were to take a wild guess, I would speculate that is/was controlled largely by Trump campaign advisors.

    When the plans failed, they just kept going, hoping they would figure something out.

    The movement has just begun.
    MAGA Lady Cries and Begs President Trump To Save Her - YouTube

    Just watch some or all of the above viral video of the woman who is clearly in a bad way and distraught because in the end, in her words, "there was no plan!". She has been lead up the garden path, mainly by a bunch shysters on the internet, who filled her head full of all kinds happy stories about how the election would end and it has now been exposed as a complete fabrication. The plan was to wait for Trump to catch all these evil globalists, and take back the country.

    I always found Q interesting because it was very hard to debate with a Q-fan - there was no substance to it, and it was going against like blind belief. When to you challenged one of their stories, they would just tack another piece on.

    Their idea of the Chinese buying up Hollywood, as pushed by the Q people, was utterly preposterous - the people who own Hollywood and the media are not Chinese. When you look at Biden's cabinet picks - they are certainly not Chinese. It's somebody - but definitely not the Chinese. Likewise, the swamp is not "communist". All these people driving the West into the ground are balls-deep in global capitalism.

    It's very hard to imagine how Trump *could* even go after these globalists and for it to have a wider effect. America as it is, and as it was prior to Trump, protects these massive, global corporations. Could someone like Trump, say, nationalize Amazon? Could he put a stop to neoliberalism's commodification of the whole world?

    As I mentioned before, this neoliberal project has transformed us by breaking down our barriers, borders and identities - and turned us into individuals who formulate our identities based on consumer goods. We can't even form a structural criticism of global capitalism, because we are it. Even if all these evil, satanic globalists were locked up, we couldn't formulate an alternative ideology other than our current post-WWII liberal ideology.

    The heads of these global corporations would need to be sat down, and very, very fucking firmly told "What you're trying to do here is completely at odds with how we want to live"- but you can't do that if you're rooted in liberal principles which says: Everyone has the right to go off and start up huge corporations, and buy up everything, and use the media to brainwash your customers, and reduce human beings down to these commodified unit.

    My message to these Q people, like that poor lady, would be how I understand you've been let down, but THIS ISN'T ENOUGH. Its not enough to have such a dumb, simplistic world-view anymore. You cannot oppose the system you live under unless you have some deep, foundational differences with it in the first place.

    It all just goes to show how powerful the internet and social media is in the way it amplifies, and reinforces and silos opinions in an echo chamber - leaving no room whatsoever for common sense to creep in.

  3. #10453
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    A computer model is not the same as using a computer to do large arithmetical calculation. Both are useful, but models work with phenomenology.

    Actuaries donít need to understand how cancer shortens your life, just that it does. In reality they donít care about biology at all. Just numbers.

    They can still accurately calculate a price all the same.
    Yes, that is correct. But it is not a riposte to the claims in the post you quoted.

  4. #10454
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alydar View Post
    Can't say this is far wrong. I check this thread rarely anymore and it seems to have become reduced to the same seven or eight people (who strike me as a bunch of retirement-age conspiracy hobbyists with nothing else to do with their time) who just seem to keep going round and round. What's interesting about Mr. Rippetoe is that his apparent ego, hubris and clear desire to be the infallible, all-knowing guy described above can't be helping Starting Strength (including not just Mark himself but the gyms, trainers, coaches and other people who've invested time, reputation or money into this). When the guy who says "Follow my strength program because I base it on science and experience" spends months rejecting facts and posting sketchy stuff from fringe websites, it would seem to cast in doubt his own expertise or knowledge. Every forum user he tells to go fuck themselves, or deletes accounts on, or otherwise alienates, first came here as a potential customer for what he sells. Seems odd.

    When this thread began, I think we were all looking for useful information on this new virus and how it might affect us. It seems to end as little more than a Mark Rippetoe ego project (with Q-anon included). And I agree with this poster - Mark Rippetoe, go toe-to-toe with Rogan. See where the conversation goes. You seem mostly to be making a fool of yourself here. True "strength" doesn't reveal itself by being a vulgar, thin-skinned man, but rather by having a bit of humility and decency toward others.
    Is there a T-shirt for the most weepy pussy post of the day?

  5. #10455
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

    It all just goes to show how powerful the internet and social media is in the way it amplifies, and reinforces and silos opinions in an echo chamber - leaving no room whatsoever for common sense to creep in.
    This was a very good post, Matt, and I couldnít agree more. Over a decade ago I used to argue with young earth creationists online, thinking to myself, ďHow can you people be so damn dense? Have you even seen a picture of the Grand Canyon?Ē

    I truly believed that if I presented them with the proper evidence they would have no choice but to submit to the obvious nature of reality before them.

    It took a few years of banging my head against the wall before I realized that this just isnít the case. It isnít the case with dinosaur denialists, flat-earthers, Bigfoot believers, religious ideologists, many fitness enthusiasts, Reiki specialists. vegans, QAnon supporters, conspiracy theorists, and any other line of what I call ďbelievers in alternative nonsense.Ē

    The human race has a problem with critical thinking and the ability to challenge oneís own beliefs and ask, ďWhat if Iím wrong?Ē Echo chambers keep us warm and cozy in our crazy beliefs and they offer reassurance to those who choose not to be challenged. It is the intellectual equivalent of fucking around at the gym and not doing the hard sets. The hard sets challenge us. They put us in a position where we might have to re-evaluate ourselves and thatís why we donít like doing them.

    This is not a problem exclusively on the Right or Left, but a problem across the human race. It transcends most racial, political, gender, etc., norms and stereotypes.

    The proliferation of information access in the Information Age has allowed such ideas to fester and stew in intellectually lazy cauldrons of reaffirmation and attaboys.

    The answer is to get people to question EVERYTHING skeptically, but I do not have the solution as to how to get people to do that.

  6. #10456
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    30,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alydar View Post
    I check this thread rarely anymore and it seems to have become reduced to the same seven or eight people (who strike me as a bunch of retirement-age conspiracy hobbyists with nothing else to do with their time) who just seem to keep going round and round.
    I think wal and I are the only retirement age geezers contributing to this thread. As for me, I am not much, if at all, invested in much happening in the thread lately. Too much specious nonsense from a few leftist trolls, and a few spouting some hair raising conspiracy nonsense that I can barely believe anyone on either end of that Bell curve takes any of it seriously. The rest of these folks are relative young 'uns.

    So rethink your analysis.

  7. #10457
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    MAGA Lady Cries and Begs President Trump To Save Her - YouTube

    It all just goes to show how powerful the internet and social media is in the way it amplifies, and reinforces and silos opinions in an echo chamber - leaving no room whatsoever for common sense to creep in.
    Great post, good to see thereís a few reasonable people around here

  8. #10458
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Actuaries are some of the most valued and competent consultants in the business/finance/economics arenas. Insurance, which is far more important than almost anyone recognizes, cannot function, and thus no business decisions can be made, without actuarial assessments of risk. They are very good at what they do.
    Yeah. I know very little about it but heard that a professional exam/certification is very hard.

    Letís pass a hat and hire one.

  9. #10459
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Listen here you little hunchbacked, fat assed, bald headed, red faced, two faced, limp dicked, long balled, hard nipped, closed minded, science denying, yes-man collecting, milk drinking, squash burning, mispronouncing, has been, sexagenarian greaseball bitch! It's a wonder you haven't broken your arm jerking yourself off. If anyone is sucking your impotent pecker it's the self-proclaimed MPBITEU and "one true voice in the strength and conditioning profession" who conveniently silences, bans, or censors any dissident voice and surrounds himself with equally chickenshit or plain stupid men who never challenge any of his ideas. Those that do are always shown the door because you can't handle the thought of others smarter than you. This FEAR of inferiority and not always being right is why the only thing you've thought long and hard about in the last 40 years relates directly to your job despite regurgitating "specialization is for insects." You extoll the virtues of obtaining the education of a hard science degree but once someone uses the skills cultivated in such a pursuit to promulgate a fact-based understanding of the world that doesn't fit your preconceived notions you reject it in the absence of evidence to the contrary, and a fuckton of evidence to back it up. You succumb to the genetic fallacy so that you may dismiss ideas of anyone you disagree with as lies because you're too lazy and scared of changing your mind to evaluate the claims put forth themselves. When the facts support your point of view you use them to refute a claim, but when they don't, you dismiss the claim anyway and take the easy way out by making ad hominem attacks or deleting posts entirely. What a miserable old pussy. It's clear your won't do Rogan because you're too much of a coward to have someone actually challenge your ideas to any degree whatsoever. Hundreds of thousands mourned the passing of coach Pendlay, because he was offering advice online until the day he died instead of constantly belittling those who saw a Q&A as a chance to learn from an expert, but the same won't be true for the insular shitstain that is you. Fuck you and your monkey!
    Are you still just talking about COVID shit? It sounds like you are talking about other things.

  10. #10460
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    914

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Biden forgets to salute the Marine guards. Hears the command "Salute the Marines" in his earpiece, then SAYS those words out loud instead of saluting them. (Video below)

    They're already prepping for the 25th Amendment. 

    Biden Earpiece Fail - Repeats "Salute The Marines" Instead Of Actually Saluting Them - YouTube
    We have an actual puppet for a president.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •