starting strength gym
Page 1047 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 4754794799710371045104610471048104910571097114715472047 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,470 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by alydar View Post
    And I agree with this poster - Mark Rippetoe, go toe-to-toe with Rogan. See where the conversation goes. You seem mostly to be making a fool of yourself here. True "strength" doesn't reveal itself by being a vulgar, thin-skinned man, but rather by having a bit of humility and decency toward others.
    Yeesh, do you work for Joe Rogan or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I think wal and I are the only retirement age geezers contributing to this thread. As for me, I am not much, if at all, invested in much happening in the thread lately. Too much specious nonsense from a few leftist trolls, and a few spouting some hair raising conspiracy nonsense that I can barely believe anyone on either end of that Bell curve takes any of it seriously. The rest of these folks are relative young 'uns.

So rethink your analysis.
    The young folk think us retirees are all hat and no cattle Mark. I think I have worked harder now since I retired from "work", but since then I joined the State Rescue Service, and with training 3 times a week I think I am active enough, and I don't sit on my cell phone all day playing with the twit service or Fake Book.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

It's very hard to imagine how Trump *could* even go after these globalists and for it to have a wider effect. America as it is, and as it was prior to Trump, protects these massive, global corporations. Could someone like Trump, say, nationalize Amazon? Could he put a stop to neoliberalism's commodification of the whole world?
    Trump's first term was defined by two things, primarily:

1) the 2017 tax bill, a historic giveaway to transnational corporations including Amazon, funded with an expansion of the federal budget deficit that will eventually be paid by workers, contractors, and owners of small enterprises of the sort often operated by a single family or small group of longtime acquaintances

2) his patented 'federalist' coronavirus response, which consisted of ignoring desperate people while their local governments brutalized them, thus tacitly endorsing the actions of those governments and permitting a historic class war massacre that resulted in thousands upon thousands of small businesses being closed permanently and Bezos' personal fortune increasing at a pace that has no precedent in recorded history

... and you mindgamed yourself into thinking that a vote for THAT was a vote against global capital?

You've got the wrong books on your bookshelf, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    We have an actual puppet for a president.

This is bad and we as Americans are in big trouble with Joe. His immigration plan removes the word “aliens” and instead has “non citizens “ who all 11 million undocumented of will be citizens and the worst part of it all is that Nancy Pelosi said today that these are basic principals. 

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Trump's first term was defined by two things, primarily:

1) the 2017 tax bill, a historic giveaway to transnational corporations including Amazon, funded with an expansion of the federal budget deficit that will eventually be paid by workers, contractors, and owners of small enterprises of the sort often operated by a single family or small group of longtime acquaintances
    I'm curious how you think this was a historic giveaway to transnational corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Listen here you little hunchbacked, fat assed, bald headed, ... blah blah blah.... Fuck you and your monkey!
    Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

It's clear your won't do Rogan because you're too much of a coward to have someone actually challenge your ideas to any degree whatsoever.
    I gotta be honest, I did fucking laugh at that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I think wal and I are the only retirement age geezers contributing to this thread. As for me, I am not much, if at all, invested in much happening in the thread lately. Too much specious nonsense from a few leftist trolls, and a few spouting some hair raising conspiracy nonsense that I can barely believe anyone on either end of that Bell curve takes any of it seriously. The rest of these folks are relative young 'uns.

So rethink your analysis.
    You know, we each have our own special hair raising conspiracy nonsense we believe.

For example, Here's an oldie but a goody.
    The Conspiracy Mark E Hurling Probably Believes - in 5 minutes

That's pretty much what we were told to believe.

I'm ok with people who believe that. Seems like "hair raising conspiracy nonsense" to me, but it's ok. It doesn't effect my respect for believers.

I don't understand why it bothers some that I believe the following: Donald Trump "conspired" to "drain the swamp" (his words) by using the FISA courts and NSA to collect evidence against dozens of government criminals? After all, "Drain the Swamp" was the foundation of his political platform, right? The FISA courts were weaponized against him, so it made sense for him to legally point the FISA courts (and thus the NSA) back at them.

I believe Donald Trump had a plan. He tried to throw all those crooks in jail....just like he promised. Right now, it looks like the Swamp was bigger than the man.

I also know the media handcuffed Trump from day one. Everything he did or said was portrayed negatively. So, he (and his team) went around the press and started disseminating info (and disinfo) via a back-channel. It was a very clever marketing mechanism for building a digital army (his base) of tech savvy geeks capable of massively influencing the world's view via social media. It was very effective and terrified the power elite as this digital army started shining the light on them. Thus, we see a dozen anti-Q articles published every day in MSM....and the resulting sheeple streaming in here crying "I can't believe you allow Q in this forum"! OMG OMG OMG

Hair raising conspiracy nonsense? Compared to that 5 minute video above? Let's call it a toss-up and shake hands. I've been reading you long enough to know that we agree on how we'd like to see the world function. We just disagree on what the fuck is really going on. The only thing I know is...they lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Is there a T-shirt for the most weepy pussy post of the day?
    I think some lead to the head would be most useful in this case.

Unfortunately, "humility and decency" gets the best of us and creatures like this continue to reproduce and thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    This is bad and we as Americans are in big trouble with Joe. His immigration plan removes the word “aliens” and instead has “non citizens “ who all 11 million undocumented of will be citizens and the worst part of it all is that Nancy Pelosi said today that these are basic principals. 
    Your leftist politicians are as stupid as ours. They think encouraging mass immigration from Conservative cultures will bring them voters. Its not so simple.

starting strength coach development program
    squash burning
    That was uncalled for.