starting strength gym
Page 1063 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 63563963101310531061106210631064106510731113116315632063 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,630 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is much more interesting. The MILITARY in the streets of DC until at least mid-March: Reflecting the Authoritarian Climate, Washington Will Remain Militarized Until At Least March - Glenn Greenwald
    Do you consider the "national guard" a military force? Are they permitted to fire upon their own citizens? I thought they were more for state level natural disasters and under state control and not to be deployed for political purposes especially federal.

Biden now having given an ex-military man the position of defense secretary (normally a civilian position) is this not breaking down civilian control over your military? Is this not setting a dangerous precedent? I mean your congress overlooked the 7 year lockout for retired defense folk to take up high level civilian positions.

Kevin Mckernin was saying this 9 months ago
    McKernan on COVID - YouTube

Coming soon to a dystopian future near you!
    COVID Anal Swabs for Beijing Residents More Accurate, Says Chinese Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    And, this is how people are exposing the lies about our markets, central banks and the political influence in our financial system: Gamestop Explodes Higher As Stock Is Now Trapped In Gamma Vortex | ZeroHedge

The GameStop $GME phenomenon is symbolic of a movement.
    As much as it is about money, it is just as much about exposing a market system that is being heavily manipulated through practices like naked short selling.
    I am considering throwing my most recent stimulus check at it. I don't care if I make money, I want to take a shot at the system by buying and holding.
    They've been using financial warfare against us, this is just us striking back. And it's been damned effective. I've heard at least one hedge fund, possibly two, are going bankrupt. They are actually trying to call for some kind of hilarious regulation against this. I've heard it called a ban on "outsider trading". I think these people have accomplished more than Occupy Wall Street ever did. All that movement accomplished was to make anyone criticizing wall street look like fools because the movement started holding up absolute weirdos as their paragons. It's an interesting potential for civil disobedience and striking blows against the corrupt fucks in Washington where it actually hurts, but we're likely to see some kind of ridiculous arbitrary regulation imposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Come on, if you're gonna disagree with me, at least make it with a point I actually made.
    Some of ya'll didn't do well in reading comprehension and it shows.

Anybody recall American history class? The boycotts that we held against British goods? Even though we were immersed in consumerism and wanted all kinds of luxury goods from Britain. “Save your money and save your country!” boycotters in Boston shouted in 1767. "Patriots must buy only American-made goods." Any of ya'll show up for class that day? We could do it if we wanted to. But it's hard. You don't have to have an identity based on consumer goods. You wake up and you chose it every day. And every day is another chance to choose better. But it's hard. It's the heavy weight of responsibility that nobody seems capable of bearing any more. So I guess these pansy asses are gonna get what they want and the rest of us are stuck to the ride to varying degrees. But I'm not Matt. Nobody turned us into this consumerist shit, people did that to themselves.
    Jenni talks sense

Come on, if you're gonna disagree with me, at least make it with a point I actually made.
    Some of ya'll didn't do well in reading comprehension and it shows.

Anybody recall American history class? The boycotts that we held against British goods? Even though we were immersed in consumerism and wanted all kinds of luxury goods from Britain. “Save your money and save your country!” boycotters in Boston shouted in 1767. "Patriots must buy only American-made goods." Any of ya'll show up for class that day? We could do it if we wanted to. But it's hard. You don't have to have an identity based on consumer goods. You wake up and you chose it every day. And every day is another chance to choose better. But it's hard. It's the heavy weight of responsibility that nobody seems capable of bearing any more. So I guess these pansy asses are gonna get what they want and the rest of us are stuck to the ride to varying degrees. But I'm not Matt. Nobody turned us into this consumerist shit, people did that to themselves.
    I mean I think there's a lot of strength to this perspective in general, but the historical parallel doesn't rally hold up all that well. "Buying American" before the revolution was just walking an extra hundred yards to the whig cobbler, past the tory cobbler's workshop. You endured, if anything, a very modest price increase. Tech, globalization, and the 20th century banking profession have brought us to the point where surviving without supporting America's commercial-imperial empire is BARELY possible for one extraordinary and dedicated person, much less a poplar movement. As Mr. Jackson recognizes, this was all part of the plan.

This is arguably the most important video of the year. Possibly of our life time.
    Rip, watch this video before youtube censors it.

PCR Lab Visit: Whistleblowers Kevin McKernan, Bobby Malhotra Explain Why COVID Tests are "Garbage" - YouTube

Dr Naomi Wolf: Opinion.
    The entire COVID-19 pandemic policy has been predicated on "COVID Charts" that purport to show waves of "cases", including "spikes" and "hotspots." The entire Western world has been following these charts that allegedly track test results for COVID; policies based on these tests have locked whole nations indoors, isolated elders, kept kids and teenagers out of school, crushed entire sectors and resulted in a massive wealth transfer as distressed assets are bought up by big investors and developers for pennies on the dollar, and as Big Tech and Big Pharma rack up unprecedented profits.

But how accurate are those tests? Several courageous scientists have been coming forward to explain exactly why the main form of COVID test, called "the PCR test", is unfit for any kind of use as a diagnostic tool. Twenty-two scientists signed what's called a "retraction report" to the journal Eurosurveillance, asking for a retraction of the essay by Christian Drosten, advisor to the German government, that initially proposed the use of PCR tests and their protocols, or the "recipe" to use, to diagnose COVID. Eurosurveillance had rushed this paper, that went on to form the basis for the whole world using PCR tests, through peer review in a day. The average for that same journal is 172 days.

Two of the signatories, Bobby Malhotra, who was on the Austrian COVID task force, and Kevin McKernan, who directed a research lab at MIT for many years and has 25 years' experience working with PCR tests, gave DailyClout an interview for our Profiles in Courage series, on January 19, 2021.

In this interview, which took place at the PCR test lab in Medicinal Genomics in Beverly, MA, where McKernan is Chief Strategy Officer, the two scientists explain exactly why PCR tests are unfit for use in any way in accurately diagnosing COVID infections.

They point out that the test cycles are set at 40-45 often -- a setting that, as the WHO admitted on Jan 13, 2021, ensures false positives at scale.

They also point out that the PCR tests will pick up any one of four Asian cold viruses (a common cold) and report it as a positive for COVID; that a second step of checking that the result is actually COVID, and not a false positive, is not typically done; they note that the line that indicates "human being" is left out of the PCR test protocol recommended by Drosten, which is why people are getting positive test results when they test, for instance, ice cream cones; and they explain that Dr Drosten did not even have a sample of COVID to use in his protocol and so the test protocol he created was based on a computer simulation.

The conclusion they reach? We can't possibly even know that there has been a pandemic, let alone what its scale has been, since the results of PCR tests to date are "garbage" and need to be thrown out and the whole process begun anew with accurate testing protocols.
    anew with accurate testing protocols.
    They also warn that now that the WHO has told labs to release the CT levels that labs are using to health clinics that ask about them, we are likely to see a "drop" in "infections" which will really just be a change from inaccurate to more accurate test conditions. Most importantly, they warn that the PCR allows a "pandemic" to be dialed up or down at will, by simply adjusting the CT levels.
    The courageous scientists also warn that we must learn from this crackdown on rights, never to let this happen again since medical fascism can be enacted at will by manipulating medical data. The men explosively reveal that this is what has happened with this global pandemic -- or what may rather be a global crisis that includes an unnecessary secondary disaster in promoting a faulty test that had led to a massive disruption of human community, kids' education, and crushing of small businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I’m with you.

Watching the video, it seems obvious that the cop was responding because of that guy (the cop wasn’t there for coffee). Was he sent there to enforce masks? Because the guy had a gun? Was this guy a known problem?

These are all important factors that we will probably never know.
    The cop was pissed because the guy didn't immediately lick his boots. That's all.

It's clear that the "crime" was pissing that pig off. Nothing would have happened if he just left or just put a mask on.

And this is a good example of how you do resist: he pushed back until the cop broke out his taser then submitted. Cop gets shamed and he doesn't get shot. Win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    They've been using financial warfare against us, this is just us striking back. And it's been damned effective. I've heard at least one hedge fund, possibly two, are going bankrupt. They are actually trying to call for some kind of hilarious regulation against this. I've heard it called a ban on "outsider trading". I think these people have accomplished more than Occupy Wall Street ever did. All that movement accomplished was to make anyone criticizing wall street look like fools because the movement started holding up absolute weirdos as their paragons. It's an interesting potential for civil disobedience and striking blows against the corrupt fucks in Washington where it actually hurts, but we're likely to see some kind of ridiculous arbitrary regulation imposed.
    So many opportunities for this sort of thing IF everyone isn't already a trained seal.

Just look how the NBA stated how they will stop all the Black Lies Matter BS and the plummet in Twitter's stock has been fun, but you still have a bunch of folks posting daily on FB about how FB sucks, so................

You don't have to have an identity based on consumer goods. You wake up and you chose it every day. And every day is another chance to choose better. But it's hard. It's the heavy weight of responsibility that nobody seems capable of bearing any more. So I guess these pansy asses are gonna get what they want and the rest of us are stuck to the ride to varying degrees. But I'm not Matt. Nobody turned us into this consumerist shit, people did that to themselves.
    Bingo!

For all the bitching about the Bad Actors' influence there is very little self reflection on the moral failings that give them so much to influence in the first place.

Idiocracy, hedonism and cowardice are the real reason they'll win...if they do.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    Cops wonder why the public holds them in contempt. I don’t. I think they have a hard thankless job but that was so over the top I now understand the feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I’m with you.

Watching the video, it seems obvious that the cop was responding because of that guy (the cop wasn’t there for coffee). Was he sent there to enforce masks? Because the guy had a gun? Was this guy a known problem?

These are all important factors that we will probably never know.
    I'd like to think a simple "Yes sir" followed by walking out of the store...would have been the end of it. That's my approach in managing police...especially when carrying.
    So, in retrospect, I guess it's the open carry combined with the lack of immediate compliance that escalated the situation.

Nevertheless, people looked wired tight right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    A Government in Exile, but on the web. A large proportion of the citizens of the US are now a diaspora anyway in a virtual sense. Telegram an alternative to Whats-app, I think.

Here in Australia a wheat farmer went independent back in the 70's and turned his farm into a province separate from Australia.

Principality of Hutt River Government Home Page

Home Site of the Principality of Hutt River Royal Mint
    Fascinating....a diaspora is right.

If you remember the Catherine Austin Fitts interview Rip posted a couple weeks ago, she talks about the Breakaway Society. I think we are witnessing this now. The globalists have created its own society within our society, and they have taken all the infrastructure with them. We are quickly being excluded from that society.

Andrew Torba (founder of Gab) has talked about creating a parallel society for a few years. He's contribution to that society is Gab (twitter replacement) and GabTV (to be a youtube replacement).
    At Gab, we believe that the future of online publishing is decentralized and open. We believe that users of social networks should be able to control their social media experience on their own terms, rather than the terms set down by Big Tech.

Gab Social is a fresh take on one of the Internet's most popular applications: social networking. Originally forked from the Mastodon project, Gab's codebase is free and open-source, licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 (AGPL3).

As a result, you, the user, have a choice when using Gab Social: you can either have an account on Gab.com, or, if you don't like what we're doing on Gab.com or simply want to manage your own experience, you can spin up your own Gab Social server that you control, that allows you to communicate with millions of users on their own federated servers from around the world, including users on Gab.

Gab.com strives to be the home of free speech online. We work on Gab Social 100% of the time as our full-time jobs. We positively encourage you to either join us on Gab.com or to spin up your own Gab Social server that you control to help take back control of the Web for the People.
    The idea that you can spin-up your own Gab and integrate with gab.com is intriguing. It sounds like this could be a fault tolerant (decentralized) approach that prevents the "breakaway society" from de-platforming those who wish to live outside the breakaway society.

I see it happening in my day-to-day interactions. The lone wolf types...we've seen each other around town for years, but never interact. We're the ones who still split our own wood, drive old trucks/cars because they lack computers and we can maintain them, etc. Well, what I'm seeing is these types are now making eye contact and nodding. We're even talk to each other now while ignoring the matrix dwellers. We're not talking about the Pink Elephant (yet), but we all know why we're talking now. Locally, many of these wiry independent guys are black; apparently, we are more integrated up here in the mountains than down the mountain. So, don't even start on me with the white crap. This is a philosophical diaspora...not a racial one.

We have to setup a parallel society of our own. We have to shun the break-away sheeple. Rip's approach of laughing in their face is impressive and it made me smile.