COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1064

starting strength gym
Page 1064 of 2549 FirstFirst ... 64564964101410541062106310641065106610741114116415642064 ... LastLast
Results 10,631 to 10,640 of 25487

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10631
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    • starting strength seminar april 2023
    • starting strength seminar june 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    They've been using financial warfare against us, this is just us striking back. And it's been damned effective. I've heard at least one hedge fund, possibly two, are going bankrupt. They are actually trying to call for some kind of hilarious regulation against this. I've heard it called a ban on "outsider trading". I think these people have accomplished more than Occupy Wall Street ever did. All that movement accomplished was to make anyone criticizing wall street look like fools because the movement started holding up absolute weirdos as their paragons. It's an interesting potential for civil disobedience and striking blows against the corrupt fucks in Washington where it actually hurts, but we're likely to see some kind of ridiculous arbitrary regulation imposed.
    I did my part. I threw my stimulus check into $GME stock and plan on holding or increasing my long position until it looks like the short sellers have taken maximum losses.

    There are potentially millions of us who are not primarily motivated by money in this case.
    This is a once in a lifetime financial event that I believe should get more and more outlandish at least through options expiration on Friday.
    There will likely be other plays after this, but this is the big one.

  2. #10632
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I mean I think there's a lot of strength to this perspective in general, but the historical parallel doesn't rally hold up all that well. "Buying American" before the revolution was just walking an extra hundred yards to the whig cobbler, past the tory cobbler's workshop. You endured, if anything, a very modest price increase. Tech, globalization, and the 20th century banking profession have brought us to the point where surviving without supporting America's commercial-imperial empire is BARELY possible for one extraordinary and dedicated person, much less a poplar movement. As Mr. Jackson recognizes, this was all part of the plan.
    I have always said that Imperial empires are the worst kind of empire.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    This is arguably the most important video of the year. Possibly of our life time.
    Rip, watch this video before youtube censors it.

    PCR Lab Visit: Whistleblowers Kevin McKernan, Bobby Malhotra Explain Why COVID Tests are "Garbage" - YouTube
    If you are not familiar with the problems with PCR testing and the resulting absolute shit for "data," and the subsequent uh, problems with public health policy, you need to watch this NOW. You leftist fucks that post here, for example.

  3. #10633
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The cop was pissed because the guy didn't immediately lick his boots. That's all.

    It's clear that the "crime" was pissing that pig off. Nothing would have happened if he just left or just put a mask on.
    In all due respect. It is NOT clear. This is your opinion. YOUR credibility rides on making this distinction.

  4. #10634
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,542

    Default

    The fucking cop walked in and started yelling at the guy for not wearing a mask, when he could have just ignored him, like decent cops do in similar situations when there is nothing actually bad going on. Instead of trying to incite a situation, which he clearly wanted to do because the cop doesn't like open carry. He's a prick. That is all. There is no shortage of them. They have the ability to fuck you up, and you should be afraid of them. He's lucky the cop didn't kill him. Then there there would have been a "bad shoot." Lots of paperwork, getting rid of the video, etc.

  5. #10635
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    In all due respect. It is NOT clear. This is your opinion. YOUR credibility rides on making this distinction.
    If you watch that video and can't tell that cop is someone who gets off on bossing people around, you are not good at reading people.

  6. #10636
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The fucking cop walked in and started yelling at the guy for not wearing a mask, when he could have just ignored him, like decent cops do in similar situations when there is nothing actually bad going on. Instead of trying to incite a situation, which he clearly wanted to do because the cop doesn't like open carry. He's a prick. That is all. There is no shortage of them. They have the ability to fuck you up, and you should be afraid of them. He's lucky the cop didn't kill him. Then there there would have been a "bad shoot." Lots of paperwork, getting rid of the video, etc.
    Of course everything you say maybe true. Itís possibly likely.

    What I get from the video is the cop arrived as a response. Why was he responding?

  7. #10637
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    In all due respect. It is NOT clear.
    That is YOUR mistaken opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    This is your opinion.
    Did Q post something not in the video?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    YOUR credibility rides on making this distinction.
    My credibility does not ride on YOUR opinion of me.

  8. #10638
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What I get from the video is the cop arrived as a response. Why was he responding?
    It's possible the store clerk called the cops. That would mean that the guy had been in the store quite a while, not typical for a convenience store stop. The guy could have been about to rob the clerk. The guy could have been waving his gun around. Anything could have happened. I was responding to what I see in the video. I've been wrong before. But probably not this time. Had the cops been called to a store where the clerk reported a man with a gun, what typically happens is NOT what you see in this video.

    Here's the video: https://gab.com/a/posts/105618932603291234

  9. #10639
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's possible the store clerk called the cops. That would mean that the guy had been in the store quite a while, not typical for a convenience store stop. The guy could have been about to rob the clerk. The guy could have been waving his gun around. Anything could have happened. I was responding to what I see in the video. I've been wrong before. But probably not this time. Had the cops been called to a store where the clerk reported a man with a gun, what typically happens is NOT what you see in this video.
    Agreed

  10. #10640
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,542

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Every time the government gives the cops another reason to contact us, they increase the chance that pieces of shit like this have an opportunity to hurt people. Even here in Texas. Again, it's good that the guy wasn't killed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •