COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1087

starting strength gym
Page 1087 of 1226 FirstFirst ... 875879871037107710851086108710881089109711371187 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,870 of 12258

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #10861
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    329

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    Maybe the herd-immunity threshold isn’t actually the 80+% Fauci et al have been spouting?
    Maybe herd immunity can be achieved through natural means. As opposed to only being able to be attained through vaccination.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I opined a couple of months ago how this is how they would silently eradicate the virus. It would not surprise me in the least if it’s underway.
    Meanwhile my country still tests higher than the world average and no one even cares to ask. People in the streets are oblivious to this issue. On the contrary people think more testing means that you are safer.

  2. #10862
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logan1 View Post
    Would it be correct to assume that your statement is based on the assumption that only those weapons in existence at the time the Bill of Rights were ratified are covered? If that is your belief, should the First Amendment only cover forms of freedom on speech and freedom of the press that were available in the 18th century? Also, should 4th Amendment restrictions on searches and seizures apply only to methods that were available in 1792?

    From Wikipedia: In Caetano v. Massachusetts (2016), the Supreme Court reiterated its earlier rulings that "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" and that its protection is not limited to "only those weapons useful in warfare".
    I don't know, I am not a US citizen. What my limited understanding is that "weapons of war" is what various US courts have ruled as outside the 2nd Amendment such as an AR15 or auto, semi auto or removable magazine type weapon is what is not covered under the spirit of the 2nd Amendment. But it does not matter what the amendment says, it is the interpretation given it by US courts (which appear to be corrupt) as they have ruled previously and with Biden in control in both houses well, if they can dispose of a sitting President gun control is next on the agenda. I could be wrong I don't know. Armed private citizens are just not the flavour of the democrats in the US, and certainly not here, not anywhere.

  3. #10863
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Maybe herd immunity can be achieved through natural means. As opposed to only being able to be attained through vaccination.
    Yeah, maybe. It's theoretically possible that infection actually confers immunity, but it's been poorly studied, because vaccines make more money.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Meanwhile my country still tests higher than the world average and no one even cares to ask. People in the streets are oblivious to this issue. On the contrary people think more testing means that you are safer.
    Because the fear porn has taught them this. Like this lovely example: Scientists Ominously Warn COVID Is Reducing Fertility – Summit News

    Very ominous.

    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I don't know, I am not a US citizen. What my limited understanding is that "weapons of war" is what various US courts have ruled as outside the 2nd Amendment such as an AR15 or auto, semi auto or removable magazine type weapon is what is not covered under the spirit of the 2nd Amendment. But it does not matter what the amendment says, it is the interpretation given it by US courts (which appear to be corrupt) as they have ruled previously and with Biden in control in both houses well, if they can dispose of a sitting President gun control is next on the agenda. I could be wrong I don't know. Armed private citizens are just not the flavour of the democrats in the US, and certainly not here, not anywhere.
    Wall, I don't know what you've heard, or where, but the AR-platform in 5.56 is the most popular rifle in the US, the weapon more people are likely to have than any other.

  4. #10864
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Wall, I don't know what you've heard, or where, but the AR-platform in 5.56 is the most popular rifle in the US, the weapon more people are likely to have than any other.
    It does not matter how popular they are the folk in WDC want to remove them. The swamp draining did not empty the courts and they are back, bigger than ever. As I said before we in Australia were given the choice of selling back to the government all weapons under an amnesty which when it finished and you were found still with a prohibited weapon it was prosecution under the federal crimes act. In this case below it seems that high capacity magazines are the target first, and an AR-15 will be reduced to a single shot pop gun eventually.

    FYI , AR-15 Rifles Are No Longer Included in Second Amendment (this may be out of date now)

    Joe Biden: Surrender Your AR-15 or Register It With the Government

    Joe Biden’s Gun Policy Could Tax Gun Owners $200 for Every ‘High-Capacity’ Magazine They Own

    Failing that then comes the tax man.

    All academic over here though as a sling shot is a prohibited weapon.

  5. #10865
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Maybe herd immunity can be achieved through natural means. As opposed to only being able to be attained through vaccination
    My guys ran a non zero COVID thing. Open borders, about nine million tourists this summer in a country of four million, very few restrictions until December. It seems to have been much more successful than expected, as we now have herd immunity with very few vaccinations. There are almost no new cases. The problem now is what to do, it is almost impossible to convince people of the fear porn anymore, but everyone is still trying. You are not allowed to mention the idea of herd immunity, of course.

  6. #10866
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    As I said before we in Australia were given the choice of selling back to the government all weapons under an amnesty which when it finished and you were found still with a prohibited weapon it was prosecution under the federal crimes act. In this case below it seems that high capacity magazines are the target first, and an AR-15 will be reduced to a single shot pop gun eventually.
    You bought them from the government? You fools.

  7. #10867
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You bought them from the government? You fools.
    Bad choice of words, it was a buy back not a sell back, but no matter the outcome was the same. Better buy some some 200mm plastic storm water pipe and hire a trench digger.

  8. #10868
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    22

    Default

    A Science Fiction Thought
    New strains of COVID seem to be popping up. The more infections, the more mutations, and therefore the faster the virus evolves. Assume that covid is here to stay, and say you miss the first couple rounds of infections and decline vaccination (I don't think that's smart). Anyway, after several rounds of covid, if you become infected, you are now fighting something that has evolved to still be highly infectious in people with partial immunity. Seems like that could be a lot more dangerous.

    I'm personally not really worried about contracting v1 covid, though I would prefer not to get it, but seeing these strains pop up makes me want to get vaccinated. I don't want to deal with something that has had the time to evolve over millions of infections, and potentially multiple rounds of reinfections, without any immunity. You live like the bubble boy and it's possible it could come back to bite you.

  9. #10869
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    329

  10. #10870
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    18

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    As I said before we in Australia were given the choice of selling back to the government all weapons under an amnesty which when it finished and you were found still with a prohibited weapon it was prosecution under the federal crimes act.
    It is important to note that handguns and semi automatic weapons can still be purchased and owned in Australia, however the lengthily process and background checks needed is the main determent method used by the government to discourage citizens from trying in the first place. Most people take one look at the process and decide it isn't worth the hassle.
    It is a sneaky way to appear less tyrannical, yet still exercising close to full control.

    The entire timeframe takes about 1 year of various background checks, medical clearances and the added task of joining a club before you have met the requirements to purchase a gun. After that, regular training and practice must be logged at your range (not always a bad thing) in order to meet yearly requirements. On top of that, you then have the ball ache of storage issue, whereby any firearm (including air powered) must be stored in a safe that is bolted to the ground and locked. The police then have authority to perform spot checks whenever they see fit. If the firearm is not in storage with the bolt or action removed and is found to be out of the safe, it is confiscated and a hefty fine is given. All of this in the name of "safety".
    It is slightly easier to obtain bolt action rifles and shotguns, but not by much.

    This is the trajectory that I hope the US avoids.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •