starting strength gym
Page 109 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 959991071081091101111191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by RKC View Post
    This will sound argumentative.. but I don’t mean it that way.

It seems there are posters in this thread from numerous places on the planet?

Are there posters who have a personal experience with this virus? Are there posters with with friends, family, or associates with tested and confirmed cases of COVID-19?
    At one of the facilities where I work, we have had 10 patients test positive, and several staff members. No one has been gravely ill yet, but several are still in hospital needing oxygen and monitoring.

My experience/observation has been: this is fairly contagious (went very quickly through our place, although that may be due to lack of a vaccine to slow it) and is worse than the flu (you may not get very sick, but more people get very sick fast than with influenza).

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    If our political leaders have any moral fortitude, they will enact the simple measures that prevent dependence.
    They don't. You don't get anywhere in politics, especially at that level, by having moral fortitude. But if public outrage at China builds enough momentum, our leaders will find the courage to break us away from our faustian bargains with China.

Are there posters who have a personal experience with this virus? Are there posters with with friends, family, or associates with tested and confirmed cases of COVID-19?
    I have two coworkers (in a firm of about 70) who are presumptive positives. One (mid 30s) traveled to Ireland for St Paddy's Day and got sick within a few days of returning. The other is probably 60 or so and has been sick for about a week. Neither required hospitalization.

This is in Minnesota where our case count is prettt low, and hospalizations and deaths are also low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Just finished reading the first article and was about to forward it to someone only to discover that it has been removed.

Friend of mine has family in NYC. his brother, mother, SIL all are recovering. His dad, 92yo, has it and is in the hospital currently, getting O2 assistance. They had to hire a private ambulance to take him to the hospital, bc there were no EMT's available to take him. (I just found this out this afternoon)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Just finished reading the first article and was about to forward it to someone only to discover that it has been removed.
    The Medium people are interesting. Second time this has happened. I guess we get in the habit of screenshotting everything that makes any sense. Only "approved" information is permitted.

Update: Archived here: The Curve Is Already Flat - Morozko Method - Medium

For whatever reason, medium seems to have taken down that article. I found an archive of it here though:

The Curve Is Already Flat - Morozko Method - Medium

Wow, the Medium article is gone already. Pravda lives.

The criteria for shutting down the US was “better safe than sorry”.

(Not overwhelming hospitals is a subset of “better safe than sorry”. So no need to go there)

Then what is the criteria for opening the country and for closing it again in the future? This is the important question that needs to be asked and answered. I believe the answers will determine if recovery is possible. Am I wrong?

starting strength coach development program
    The Medium people are interesting.
    Idiotic is a better description.

I read the article. Despite having a few shortcomings, it presents an idea that certainly needs to be explored (if I'm not mistaken, it's implicitly related to the idea discussed in my previous post).

More importantly, the article was clearly written in good faith, and with an open mind (although the title should have been changed to "The curve *may* already be flat".

I saved a pdf (formatting isn't perfect).

Here's the link:

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free