starting strength gym
Page 1092 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 92592992104210821090109110921093109411021142119215922092 ... LastLast
Results 10,911 to 10,920 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    The poor guy. What an absolute fucking disgrace! SHAMEFUL
    Absolutely disturbing what a true believer that pig was. He literally thinks he's serving the guy he's arresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "Close-contact businesses such as salons, gyms and spas are not permitted to operate"

Since September 4. New Mexico is already the receiver of more federal money than any other state. Yet this seems sensible to your governor.
    Luckily, gyms and nail salons are open right now. She changed her mind and opened gyms back up after a 2-week house arrest at the end of November/beginning of December. My boss and I were grateful for Führer Grisham's mercy.

And yeah, NM voted for Biden. Now we're suffering the consequences. Go figure. So freaking stupid

From the article: "A new piece of legislation in New Mexico could criminalize parents and other adults for allowing children under the age of 12 to use their firearms at a gun range."

Although my opinion won't matter to those proposing such legislation, I believe learning how to shoot and proper gun safety at a young age from a responsible relative is something that should encouraged instead of criminalized.

I was younger than 6 when I started using a .22 for target practice and I was hunting with a .410 at 6. By 12, I was using a 12-gauge, which was my 3rd shotgun. Since my much older brother had fun mocking his friends who were less successful at shooting birds than I was, I got to go on more hunting trips than most people my age did. Still, I doubt my hunting background is that different from some of you who grew up in the South.

Tenney Wins NY-22. Dem: Brindisi Lost Due To Faulty Voting Machines!

Man, you can't make this stuff up!

For three months now, Trump supporters have been lectured to shut up and accept the results of the election. That any talk of voter fraud or problems with the voting machines is just craziness from insane conspiracy theorists.

But now that a Republican finally was declared the winner of the last House race, the tables have turned. Now that is considered a valid complaint for losing, and cause for investigation.

Marc Elias believes that machines misread thousands of ballots — yes, THOUSANDS — that would have given the win to Anthony Brindisi.
    The "problem" machines in question? From Dominion Voting Systems, of course.

Oh yeah, Elias was also involved in the creation of the Russian Steele Dossier that was used to hound Trump his entire presidency.

Democratic Lawyer Marc Elias Claims Voting Machine ‘Irregularities’ In New York House Race | The Daily Caller

Anyone read that TIME article I'm hearing about? Apparently it's written from the viewpoint of how the election was "saved", but it actually outlines the shady influence effort that helped fuck with it and get Biden elected, just pretending it was a good thing.

Since September 4. New Mexico is already the receiver of more federal money than any other state. Yet this seems sensible to your governor.
    Could go either way. The question is do “Swords turn into Plowshares? “. The voting population is counting on it. They always do, as defense is so fundamentally evil.

The reality is battleships (so to say) cost more than gender studies. Perhaps their counting on a massive clean up campaign? Big bucks in moving dirty dirt one atom at a time.

The energy kill might do them in however. I think NM is third highest energy producer in the US. That's a lot of jobs and tax revenue too.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    In CA the guy could sue you for hurting himself opening your window breaking while in.

Why we need multiple divorces between the states right now. None of this is reconcilable.
    This is why federalists will argue for uniform gun laws and they will always fall to the state with the strictest laws, so CA state law will over ride states like TX as it will be the model for all states in the union. Happening here in Australia, it starts with uniform traffic codes and works its way up to more controversial laws that apply to personal freedoms and in the US private ownership of certain types of weapons such as an AR-15 will be the end target.

Depends on the jurisdiction, wal. If I shoot a guy back out into my yard in Texas as he's crawling through my window with a gun, I will almost certainly not have to go downtown, or even talk to the grand jury. If some poor bastard in California does the same thing, well, he lives in the wrong jurisdiction.
    Yes I understand it depends in which states you live. However in Texas what happens if he is crawling through a window with no gun and you shoot him?

Depends on the jurisdiction, wal. If I shoot a guy back out into my yard in Texas as he's crawling through my window with a gun, I will almost certainly not have to go downtown, or even talk to the grand jury. If some poor bastard in California does the same thing, well, he lives in the wrong jurisdiction.
    I would love to be able to legally defend myself using appropriate technology against the junkie window-guy (admittedly sling-shots haven't been restricted here yet unlike in Australia - I'm shocked by that!) Not trying to be cute or trigger anyone, but what is the point of your Second Amendment rights today in an America where something like a stolen election can supposedly occur and the population behave as they just have?

People passively watched it unfold on the screens of their devices and complained about the injustice of it all to one another. Millions of these same people were armed to the teeth, had training, and owned better quality night vision and body armour than some countries' armies. People have been conditioned us to be passive spectators in our own lives and the government et al. haven't even needed to use widespread violence against the population to achieve its tyrannical big picture goals.

There would be no benefit for them to start to do so. If the only thing that would trigger revolutionary action is a gun grab, then the government simply won't try to grab them outright, but instead use red-flag laws, hate-speech laws, etc. to ever-so-slowly erode the people's will to act. It's happening today, with the "domestic terrorism" rhetoric and bills like HR 127 and NY 416. Again, to bring race into it once more, the American right (who is overwhelmingly of European descent) will do nothing to counter these things because being labelled a "white supremacist" or an "anti-Semite" holds more power over most normal working people. No matter how silly the accusation, they will get you cancelled, and people have mortgages to pay and kids to feed.

You guys constantly dunk on us for cucking out and giving up our rights - and you're correct to do it - but at what point exactly do American minutemen take up arms in reaction? What has to happen? Will proud Texans, for example, only do something once the tide of filth approaches the state line? What if the tide of filth moves so slowly that Texans don't even notice it encroaching and enveloping them all? The idea that an armed population acts as a deterrent against tyranny doesn't seem to hold much weight, unless tyranny only comes in the dramatic form of cattle wagons and camps.

Fair enough, you own all the guns, but the American right does not control the direction of society. It doesn't hold power. It isn't able to control the narrative of society, or reign in social media companies and their censorship, even when there is a Republican president. What if your enemies continue on this path, and judiciously decide to never come after your guns?

I'm not questioning the integrity of the American revolutionary spirit and I have nothing but admiration for it. It's not a LARP. It is real. Obviously it's better to armed than unarmed... but has your second amendment also created a political false sense of security for the American right, like a security blanket? Perfectly open to being called out for my stupidity or even jealousy here as well. Just an emasculated, subservient Brit thinking aloud. The coolest thing I can own without a licence is a hunting crossbow and that will change soon enough I'm sure. I unironically own a spear.

Actually, I don't think any of that would trigger any of you fine people - but these two images might do the job, especially for Rip. Make sure alcohol is to hand before clicking these, old chap:

https://twitter.com/OrwellNGoode/sta...764288/photo/1

https://twitter.com/lporiginalg/stat...825088/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Yes I understand it depends in which states you live. However in Texas what happens if he is crawling through a window with no gun and you shoot him?
    Same thing, just a few more questions.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

starting strength coach development program
    High-risk states: Persons who have arrived in New Mexico from states with a 5% positivity rate or greater over a 7-day rolling average, or a positive test rate greater than 80 per 1 million residents, must physically separate from others in a residence or place of lodging for at least 14 days from the date of their entry into New Mexico or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter.
    Looks like they are getting their medical advice from Australia. Except we force people into hotel quarantine and they must pay $3k. And they are in the middle of cities, so if one of the highly qualified and highly paid hotel cleaners picks up the virus, they ya know, wouldnt have to work as an uber drive to make ends meet and pass on the virus to hundreds of people all over the city.

The man may have worked as a driver for a rideshare company. - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)