starting strength gym
Page 1095 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 95595995104510851093109410951096109711051145119515952095 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,950 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You cannot be serious.
    Not very.

But, I think organizations as large as Merck have large internal inconsistencies. Press releases are supposed to apply to and represent the entire company, but they don't. The vetting and approval process for the releases only go so deep, and, in my experience, do not reach into the non-managerial technical staff. The customer-facing soft-skill side of the company can have an agenda that does not reflect the best technical work and opinion of the company. The companies are large enough that they can potentially squander reputation and waste resources to curry favor of public/political opinion for a long time before damaging their bottom line.

I am holding out for the silent majority in these companies. The scientists and engineers who see the obvious solution to this problem, but are nowhere near the levers of power.

I do not damn the company as Sinister, for the sake of the righteous within.

Look at this amazing shit: Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door? - Los Angeles Times

This can't be repaired. We need a new map, very soon.
    Editors used to keep this high-school doggerel out of the public eye.

Look at this amazing shit: Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door? - Los Angeles Times

Concur. Vehemently. Let's realize that the soft minds of Americans that cradle the Zeitgeist of crony capitalism, consumerism as a primary religion, and pervasive "stage four" neo-Marxism. Let's appreciate that we're fighting against a carefully curated force of nature -- human nature. And let's not waste our time, lives and wealth fighting the wrong kind of war. We're cavemen up against spaceships.

Worth watching and understanding:
    DoubleSpeak, How to Lie without Lying - YouTube

These people have always been around. In the land of whilst we call them guardian readers.

Who cares what a dick like this thinks? I've done stuff like that for my neighbors who were in need and who thought my politics were deplorable. If you get my drift. I didn't expect gratitude, I didn't do it for that in the first place. My neighbors were/are dicks, but they needed help.

Otherwise fuck them.

Forty years ago California was Reagan Country -- that's the California I grew up in. Before you decide to excise California from the union, remember this. California produces more agricultural value than the next two states (Texas and Iowa) combined. It is a natural wonderland -- the only state with high mountains, vast deserts, and hundreds of miles of beautiful beaches. And there are more Republicans in California than any other state. Things can change back again

I opined a couple of months ago on this thread that when it got cold, people would see the idiocy that masks have a significant impact on containing “droplets” and thus mitigating the virus.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...017364992?s=20

I only got as far as the point where she started comparing a helpful neighbor who cleared the driveway of snow to fucking HEZBOLLAH. It's amazing how oblivious she is to what's right in front of her, baffled that people in the city aren't nice enough to do stuff like that, but the "evil trumpites" happily do it expecting nothing. Maybe, just maybe, those evil neighbors were just nice people long before Trump came along, and saw him as someone who was finally going to go to bat to protect their way of life. Maybe living packed into crowded cities reduces people's humanity, and it becomes every man for himself due to the rush and competition required to even get anywhere. Maybe the sort of politicians the writer finds more palatable are the kind of people who are trying to force us all to live like that, and thus these nice neighbors don't ever find themselves lining up with her politically. MAYBE she should re-evaluate her own insane priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    Forty years ago California was Reagan Country -- that's the California I grew up in. Before you decide to excise California from the union, remember this. California produces more agricultural value than the next two states (Texas and Iowa) combined. It is a natural wonderland -- the only state with high mountains, vast deserts, and hundreds of miles of beautiful beaches. And there are more Republicans in California than any other state. Things can change back again
    We've been waiting quite a while now.

This is the vilest shit I've ever read. So who is this nasty bitch Virginia Heffernan? I found her:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOMC2ebW4AECsCC.jpg

How do you get so wrapped up in your personal hatred of a man you've never met that you would say shit like this about people who live next door who help you without asking them to? Fuck this ridiculous whore. Seriously, this is not something that can be fixed without a new map. Leave us the productive part of California, and round up the cunts like Ms. Heffernan for the ocean-view part. Let them swap dollars until they need their driveway cleaned off by someone who knows how. And then charge them $9000.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I opined a couple of months ago on this thread that when it got cold, people would see the idiocy that masks have a significant impact on containing “droplets” and thus mitigating the virus.

They won't. Anyone who's bought into the mask fairy tale will never give up on it. Doesn't matter what kind of evidence you present them with.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post

Biden's mask order says "snugly" (because CDC). But it doesn't say "really snugly". A catastrophic miss.