COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1120

starting strength gym
Page 1120 of 1245 FirstFirst ... 12062010201070111011181119112011211122113011701220 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,200 of 12442

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #11191
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    124

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What makes you think this is a "deregulated economy"? And there is a big difference between having a vagina and being a cunt. Study the language, while you go get fucked.
    Thank you. There are few things more insulting that a fucking idiot who thinks the slang "cunt" has something to do with women or comparing someone to a woman. I tend to think the accusation has more to do with what the accuser really thinks of women than the person who used the word correctly. One of the few things more insulting than that is the self-important smugness of people who go around trying to tone police the speech of others. How weak does one have to be to be offended by a word? Also, I think alydar's a fucking liar. Half the excellent cuss words and phrases I know were gifted me by the likes of farmers, truckers and military men. Honorable, hard working folks by any measure. Sorry to pile on, but that shit burns my ass. Let people talk how they wanna talk.

  2. #11192
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    121

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What makes you think this is a "deregulated economy"? And there is a big difference between having a vagina and being a cunt. Study the language, while you go get fucked.
    How about you deign, for once, to explain to us why you think this counts as a 'regulated' economy? We're less 'regulated' than any country with living standards anywhere near ours, so which specific 'regulations' do we need to remove before we earn the sacrosanct 'deregulated' status that you seem to think will be preferable?

    Or do I n eed to stick a typo/editing error in here just to get you to publish me?

  3. #11193
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,111

    Default

    Okay, Cunt #3, specific to the issue at hand, every single aspect of the wind farm boondoggle -- just like the ethanol boondoggle -- is either completely regulated or wholly owned/paid for by the government. The turbines are about $2.6 million each, every dime of which is provided by the federal government, which then turns ownership over to cunts like T. Boone Pickens. The design is regulated, specs are regulated, manufacture is regulated, placement of the farms are regulated, proximity to aviation infrastructure is regulated, the access to transmission infrastructure is regulated, the FAA lights on top of the masts are regulated. Every single aspect of the industry is regulated at both the state and federal level, and despite this level of regulation, people are freezing to death right now. The only thing about it not regulated is the lease agreements that cunts like T. Boone Pickens use to fuck stupid landowners in the ass. For example, ownership of broken equipment and the responsibility for maintenance of still-standing mast FAA lights reverts to the landowner after the royalty payments stop. And if you sign a wind rights lease, they have the right to build any infrastructure deemed necessary on your property.

    Once again you demonstrate that you don't know anything about this, and it's not my job to teach you. Yet somehow you keep getting posts through, even though I delete your stupidest shit for the benefit of a quality discussion. But the next reference to me censoring you will be your last published post. I promise.

  4. #11194
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Cunt is one of the oldest and strongest words in our language

    Marty Funkhouser Joke from Curb Your Enthusiasm - YouTube

  5. #11195
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    How about you deign, for once, to explain to us why you think this counts as a 'regulated' economy? We're less 'regulated' than any country with living standards anywhere near ours, so which specific 'regulations' do we need to remove before we earn the sacrosanct 'deregulated' status that you seem to think will be preferable?

    Or do I n eed to stick a typo/editing error in here just to get you to publish me?
    OK, this might be an even more stupid comment.

  6. #11196
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post

    ...so which specific 'regulations' do we need to remove before we earn the sacrosanct 'deregulated' status that you seem to think will be preferable?
    Minimum wage

  7. #11197
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Minimum wage
    Truly.

  8. #11198
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Now, this is really funny:
    https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/s...ce-and-snow%2F

    The weather forecast is blatantly incorrect, but the climate forecast is so rock-solid that we must build wind turbines that don't work when the weather forecast is incorrect.
    Is 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' still read anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    When KNOWN treatments and even prophylaxis are PURPOSEFULLY withheld from people...especially older, sickly people...they have a much higher chance of death.

    And let's not forget about the forced "catch parties" thrown at our skilled nursing facilities....think Cuomo and 4 other governors.

    No different from many other treatable illnesses out there. If you refuse to treat, people die.
    Worse than that. The house arrests are the ideal situation for creating the most likely scenario where you are weakest to fight anything.

    Not that a bunch of fat Netflix bingers needed much encouragement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Annino View Post
    For the vast majority of people, it is even less than the flu. It is absolutely worth dismissing. I tested positive for COVID last month, and the only symptom I had was a loss of smell for a couple of days. The overreaction to this non-issue has been a hoax. Again, my position has still not changed.
    And the symptoms from the vaccine have been worse than Covid for every person I know who has had either.

    Quote Originally Posted by alydar View Post
    I haven't followed how Germany has done with their wonderfully regulated alternative energy scams.
    Quote Originally Posted by alydar View Post
    Sad. In my earlier days coming of age out West, the men I knew would never be heard uttering such vulgarity. The ranchers and farmers of my acquaintance took pride in never showing such a juvenile lack of self-control, or demonstrating so publicly such a filthy mouth. And this word, the "C-word," especially. To use it to insult a man you do not like is to insult women just as much, by suggesting that their qualities - physical and spiritual - are to be seen as negative, even loathsome. As one old fellow I knew long ago would have said, "Time now to grow up, son."
    Did you arrive on a fucking wagon with the rest of the Mormons?

    Neither your pearl clutching or narrow vocabulary option are a virtue.

    And self control has nothing to do with it. "Cunt" is a great insult.

  9. #11199
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But the next reference to me censoring you will be your last published post. I promise.
    Understood.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Okay, Cunt #3, specific to the issue at hand, every single aspect of the wind farm boondoggle -- just like the ethanol boondoggle -- is either completely regulated or wholly owned/paid for by the government. The turbines are about $2.6 million each, every dime of which is provided by the federal government, which then turns ownership over to cunts like T. Boone Pickens. The design is regulated, specs are regulated, manufacture is regulated, placement of the farms are regulated, proximity to aviation infrastructure is regulated, the access to transmission infrastructure is regulated, the FAA lights on top of the masts are regulated. Every single aspect of the industry is regulated at both the state and federal level, and despite this level of regulation, people are freezing to death right now. The only thing about it not regulated is the lease agreements that cunts like T. Boone Pickens use to fuck stupid landowners in the ass. For example, ownership of broken equipment and the responsibility for maintenance of still-standing mast FAA lights reverts to the landowner after the royalty payments stop. And if you sign a wind rights lease, they have the right to build any infrastructure deemed necessary on your property.
    Ah. So when I asked you to explain which regulations we should remove, you respond with a list of every regulation that exists in connection with a completely discredited right-wing moneymaking scheme that is, at the most, orthogonal to Texas’ real problem.

    The reason your grandmas are dying and everybody else’s aren’t has nothing to do with wind power. Most of the power gap is owed to your shitty, deregulated, profit-obsessed natural gas consortium—the one that controls ERCOT, and has been exposed so thoroughly as a criminal operation at the time of this writing that even filth like Greg Abbott are too embarrassed to refrain from condemning it: Texas governor calls for investigation into grid operator over 'unacceptable' power outages | TheHill

    Let me explain something to you: your (Texas’) power grid is seen by absolutely fucking everyone as already as ‘deregulated’ as it can fucking be. You don’t have a sleek, vertically-integrated monopoly that controls generation, transmission, and distribution where sane government regulators set the price the profiteers are allowed to charge, like every sane fucking place in the country had before you, Pelosi, and the rest of McConnell’s unwitting, unwitted little serfs got their fucking hands on us. Instead, you have a sprawling, hyperbureaucratic fucking shitshow where a bunch of snotty little LLC asswipes control electrical assets and “compete” with one another to sell electricity to another set of snotty little LLC asswipes who couldn’t care less if your great-aunt freezes to death as long as they get to line their fucking pockets.

    Over half of the missing electricity is from natural gas (Grid operator has restored power to 500,000 households). Wind’s performance was even worse. Only nuclear plants were forced offline, proving for the umpteenth time that they are better alternatives by leaps and bounds. Isn’t it weird how Hannity hasn’t given you permission to support nuclear yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Once again you demonstrate that you don't know anything about this, and it's not my job to teach you. Yet somehow you keep getting posts through, even though I delete your stupidest shit for the benefit of a quality discussion.
    How about one more fucking thing: absolutely fucking nobody who has read my shit thinks that I don’t know anything about the history of policy in the US. And I know goddamn fucking well that you don’t think so, either. If it’s fun to be mean to people who sometimes care about different shit than you, carry on—but don’t think for one isolated fucking second that you’re fucking fooling me about this.

  10. #11200
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    18

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Thank you. There are few things more insulting that a fucking idiot who thinks the slang "cunt" has something to do with women or comparing someone to a woman. I tend to think the accusation has more to do with what the accuser really thinks of women than the person who used the word correctly. One of the few things more insulting than that is the self-important smugness of people who go around trying to tone police the speech of others. How weak does one have to be to be offended by a word? Also, I think alydar's a fucking liar. Half the excellent cuss words and phrases I know were gifted me by the likes of farmers, truckers and military men. Honorable, hard working folks by any measure. Sorry to pile on, but that shit burns my ass. Let people talk how they wanna talk.
    You can't say this word.
    You Can't Say This Word - YouTube

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •