starting strength gym
Page 1127 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 1276271027107711171125112611271128112911371177122716272127 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,270 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Kung Flu Vaccination Update:

The shot was a Pfizer, wal.

No side effects other than a very minor sensation in the right shoulder from the jab yesterday. So we're good. No need for Depends either.

Angry

Definitive Haghstull take on energy, condensed to 150 words. Just here me out:

The wind/solar grift is perpetuated by criminal government ACTION: subsidies to inner-circle investors are used to prop up a straw man ‘alternative’ to fracking used to muddle and mystify discourse surrounding energy AND directly generate support for fracking by demoralizing consumers.

The fracking grift is perpetuated by the government/media arms of corporate America through criminal government INACTION: RepubliDem uniparty apparatchiks are bribed not to carry out their duty to win support for and invest in nuclear energy while media/propaganda outlets help to dishonestly frame the debate as fracking vs renewables.

Whether the capitalists are forcing the government they control to stand down or step in is a cosmetic detail. The problem is that the government is so weak that they can control it. A WEAKER GOVERNMENT IS NOT A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Appeal to Sincerity. That works on stupid people too: "He really means it. He believes it. I guess he's right. And I don't want to be wrong, because that would make me wrong. It's important to listen to all sides, even if they make no logical sense, so I hope Rip keeps approving his posts!"
    I am sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    OK, this might be an even more stupid comment.
    For somebody who has ignored every sincere attempt I’ve ever made to engage him, you seem remarkably keen to land glib potshots from behind a veil of ironic detachment and feigned nonplussedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Dispatches from the Kung Flu police action:

DB and I got our first vaccination this afternoon. It took just under 30 minutes to process through, 15 minutes of which was having a 15 minute seat to see if we burst into flames. So far so good. The intake and traffic control was handled by a National Guard medical unit. One of the pleasant young PFC's was named Wellman. Altogether, a perfect name for his MOS.

This morning I shed my dang mask while deadlifting. I got tired of trying to suck air through it during and between sets. Another old fart sporting a Senior Olympics t-shirt freaked over my maskless state. After ignoring him, I finally put it on after paying off my oxygen debt knowing that he was going to head for some staffer who would kick me out and maybe get me banned from the place. I asked him if he felt he had done his righteous duty. He scuttled off to another corner of the gym.

....so, what was the point of getting vaccinated? Is it just for good boy points?
    Something like those "I voted" stickers; Simply an ersatz signal of your loyalty to the ruling party?

If you were concerned about the virus, we already have a proven-safe, effective treatment: ivermectin.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    The wind/solar grift is perpetuated by criminal government ACTION: subsidies to inner-circle investors are used to prop up a straw man ‘alternative’ to fracking used to muddle and mystify discourse surrounding energy AND directly generate support for fracking by demoralizing consumers.

The fracking grift is perpetuated by the government/media arms of corporate America through criminal government INACTION: RepubliDem uniparty apparatchiks are bribed not to carry out their duty to win support for and invest in nuclear energy while media/propaganda outlets help to dishonestly frame the debate as fracking vs renewables.
    Criminal government action in the service of greedy capitalists. This fucking idiot actually wants gas to be $5. And yet somehow he concludes:

Whether the capitalists are forcing the government they control to stand down or step in is a cosmetic detail. The problem is that the government is so weak that they can control it. A WEAKER GOVERNMENT IS NOT A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.
    Since the government has performed so flawlessly this year. Where has a stronger government made it better for everybody? Never mind, don't answer with some standard Haghstull bullshit. We all see this for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    ....so, what was the point of getting vaccinated? Is it just for good boy points?
    Something like those "I voted" stickers; Simply an ersatz signal of your loyalty to the ruling party?

If you were concerned about the virus, we already have a proven-safe, effective treatment: ivermectin.
    I think he said in another thread that he recently recovered from COVID. I may be incorrect about that but if not it makes no sense to get vaccinated. I do not plan to get vaccinated but will have a hard decision to make if my employer requires it.

Hmmm, perhaps to piss off fundamentalists like you? Since you decided to be snarky about it.

I've had the Kung Flu, and when I get the 2nd shot I am done with masks. Let them arrest me. I'll have the ammo for the best suit ever. I got my quarantine clearance on file with county health department and they gave us shot cards. The masks are supposedly to protect me. I'm 70. Cripes, if the premise is that having had this crap confers antibodies that can be used as a palliative for those more seriously afflicted, then I'm already golden. Otherwise, why collect blood from the "recovered" for the antibodies. Then I'll have complied with the approved vaccine. Both times. So I can't get it and that's that.

Perhaps if you had been keeping up earlier, you'd know I probably caught this stuff from a powerlifting meet in December. I wasn't concerned enough about it then to try ivermectin. Knock yourself out with the stuff. Carry on.

The problem with Ivermectin it is controlled in some countries Australia being one of them. So we are going to get a vaccine like it or not. I am sure most people would rather take the anti -parasitic treatment than a vaccine, the problem is it appears that high concentrations of Ivermectin are required to kill CV-19, sort of like the levels for what is used in an animal drench and for humans that would have sevre side effects.

Angry

It would be impossible for me to reply with ‘standard’ Haghstull, because I gave up on the idea of casting my attempt to persuade you/people on here in light of any coherent unifying theme months ago. I have thrown a god-blessed kitchen sink at you from every goddamn rhetorical angle there is and I literally can’t even get you to admit that I’m not a troll.

Do you actually want an example? How about the time a sociopathic autocrat seized control of one of the most powerful military, industrial, and technological coordinating apparatuses in the world, imposed a social order that ran directly counter to and was in fact designed to obliterate the civic traditions and moral values that lay at the core of western civilization, and then came within 1.5 ill-conceived strategic decisions from conquering half of the fucking planet? Remember how we were only saved by the foresight Vlad displayed, fashioning Russia into the savior of the world through a brilliant state-directed electrification/industralization effort?

We must become the heros of our century and bring these same forces to bear in securing the existence of our people and a future for our children.

But for the moment, you've got me agitated, Rip. I think I'll cool off for a few days, if no one minds (lol)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I've had the Kung Flu, and when I get the 2nd shot I am done with masks. Let them arrest me. I'll have the ammo for the best suit ever. I got my quarantine clearance on file with county health department and they gave us shot cards. The masks are supposedly to protect me. I'm 70. Cripes, if the premise is that having had this crap confers antibodies that can be used as a palliative for those more seriously afflicted, then I'm already golden. Otherwise, why collect blood from the "recovered" for the antibodies. Then I'll have complied with the approved vaccine. Both times. So I can't get it and that's that.
    You've definitely been a good boy.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The problem with Ivermectin it is controlled in some countries Australia being one of them. So we are going to get a vaccine like it or not. I am sure most people would rather take the anti -parasitic treatment than a vaccine, the problem is it appears that high concentrations of Ivermectin are required to kill CV-19, sort of like the levels for what is used in an animal drench and for humans that would have sevre side effects.
    No, wal, that's just not true. The therapeutic dose is 12.5mg. Works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Do you actually want an example? How about the time a sociopathic autocrat seized control of one of the most powerful military, industrial, and technological coordinating apparatuses in the world, imposed a social order that ran directly counter to and was in fact designed to obliterate the civic traditions and moral values that lay at the core of western civilization, and then came within 1.5 ill-conceived strategic decisions from conquering half of the fucking planet? Remember how we were only saved by the foresight Vlad displayed, fashioning Russia into the savior of the world through a brilliant state-directed electrification/industralization effort?
    I agree, finally. Obama was the worst President we've ever had.