starting strength gym
Page 1141 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1416411041109111311139114011411142114311511191124116412141 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,410 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I feel like there is something quite huge coming our way.
    You're not the only one. This prediction came across my screen this morning, and perhaps I'm the only person on this board that pays attention to (or cares about) the grain markets.

Market Plus: Sue Martin - YouTube

Skip to 9:15. Sue has been a commodities analyst for many years and she's a straight shooter. It will be interesting to see how this prediction ages. For reference, wheat, soybeans, and corn currently trade around $7, $14, and $5, respectively. $42 wheat would be a major disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Nelson View Post
    You're not the only one. This prediction came across my screen this morning, and perhaps I'm the only person on this board that pays attention to (or cares about) the grain markets.

Skip to 9:15. Sue has been a commodities analyst for many years and she's a straight shooter. It will be interesting to see how this prediction ages. For reference, wheat, soybeans, and corn currently trade around $7, $14, and $5, respectively. $42 wheat would be a major disruption.
    I think this is where almost all are asleep at the wheel (great band, btw) when commodities price (including what you mentioned) rise, the road to fucked is the only road.

If she’s right on grain prices there won’t only be food riots, there will be war.

China can’t survive that price shock—along with many other countries. Mexican citizens will riot if corn doubles. If tortillas double in price many will be forced to eat half the amount they are eating now. I’ve lived with people who have food insecurity—it is very difficult to see.

I’ll ask one of my customers what he thinks. He is a major grain broker in Kansas.

I’ll also ask my “pig farmer” buddy. He says China is extremely sensitive about food supplies. They should be; they have many mouths to feed. This is an ill wind.

Massive purge of wrong-thinkers on Twitter in the last 24 hours. Biggest I've seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan1 View Post
    During the period that there was no VP, Democrats would no longer have a tie-breaker in the Senate.
    A Democrat Lost By Six Votes, Now The U.S. House May Throw Out Election Results To Let Her Win - National File

Don't worry they could just decide to overturn the election results they don't like due to fraud while simultaneously saying it's absolutely absurd to suggest fraud in the elections they do like.

Recently flew into Washington Dulles. They have screens located throughout the terminals with an FAA commissar on loop scolding the public for a "surprising increase in hostility towards airline employees", threatening people with 35k fine, jail time, etc.

I was greeted by this after I had just gotten off an empty flight where I was the only person in my or the two rows behind and in front of me. One of the stewardesses on this flight woke me up twice to tell me my mask was below my fucking nose. Literally not another human being within a 6 ft radius. I later lowered it again (it had been intentional the whole time, of course), and when the stupid bitch confronted me again, I took it off and started drinking some water. Because that's allowed, you know, and it was a good way of calmly saying fuck you without actually saying it. Eventually she got a male flight attendant to come over and talk to me, and this motherfucker actually suggested that we might need to land the fucking flight over my dangerously unmasked nose. At that point, I really had no other choice. They won. The miserable little apparatchiks got their victory. My only consolation is that I know she wanted me to blow my lid so they could press charges, and I did not give her the pleasure.

And they are surprised by this "mysterious" increase in hostility? We are being fucked with very, very hard right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Massive purge of wrong-thinkers on Twitter in the last 24 hours. Biggest I've seen yet.
    Of course. Why are you still looking at Twitter? Drop it. Drop all of it. Things are different now, and you have to wrap your mind around this.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    At that point, I really had no other choice. They won. The miserable little apparatchiks got their victory.
    Again, things are different now. You cannot fly, so your business model/job has to change. Mine did. I make a lot less money now. Adapt, because you have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Nelson View Post

Food disruption has been inevitable for a while. Get your food stores full.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Recently flew into Washington Dulles. They have screens located throughout the terminals with an FAA commissar on loop scolding the public for a "surprising increase in hostility towards airline employees", threatening people with 35k fine, jail time, etc.

I was greeted by this after I had just gotten off an empty flight where I was the only person in my or the two rows behind and in front of me. One of the stewardesses on this flight woke me up twice to tell me my mask was below my fucking nose. Literally not another human being within a 6 ft radius. I later lowered it again (it had been intentional the whole time, of course), and when the stupid bitch confronted me again, I took it off and started drinking some water. Because that's allowed, you know, and it was a good way of calmly saying fuck you without actually saying it. Eventually she got a male flight attendant to come over and talk to me, and this motherfucker actually suggested that we might need to land the fucking flight over my dangerously unmasked nose. At that point, I really had no other choice. They won. The miserable little apparatchiks got their victory. My only consolation is that I know she wanted me to blow my lid so they could press charges, and I did not give her the pleasure.

And they are surprised by this "mysterious" increase in hostility? We are being fucked with very, very hard right now.
    Dear Anticausal,

Have we met?

About the same happened to me. When disembarking, I (futile-ly) put myself on AA’s no-mask-no-fly list. The pilot sympathized with me through his mask. The runway guy in a reflective vest typing my manifesto into the system at the gate (“/write that down/”) could not quite figure out what was happening.

Alas, no call from AA’s CEO yet.

Nor have I painted myself into a corner, also yet.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Why anyone gives a frog’s fat ass about Twitter is beyond me. It’s a cesspool.