COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1144

starting strength gym
Page 1144 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 14464410441094113411421143114411451146115411941244 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,440 of 12474

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #11431
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,122

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021
    Colpo is very useful.

    In Massachusetts, 85-90 percent of people who tested positive in July with a cycle threshold of 40 would have been deemed negative with a Ct of 30, Dr. Mina said. “I would say that none of those people should be contact-traced, not one,” he said.

    Other experts informed of these numbers were stunned. “I’m really shocked that it could be that high — the proportion of people with high C.T. value results,” said Dr. Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute. “Boy, does it really change the way we need to be thinking about testing.”

    The number of people with positive results who aren’t infectious is particularly concerning, said Scott Becker, executive director of the Association of Public Health Laboratories. “That worries me a lot, just because it’s so high,” he said, adding that the organization intended to meet with Dr. Mina to discuss the issue.
    The Lisbon court of Appeal recently upheld a lower court decision to declare unlawful the quarantining of four persons, one of whom had tested positive for COVID-19 using a PCR test. In doing so, the court made a number of observations about PCR tests. Citing a study by Jaafar et al, the court concluded “if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the rule in most laboratories in Europe and the US), the probability that said person is infected is <3%, and the probability that said result is a false positive is 97%.”

    The Jaafar et al study was published on 28 September 2020 in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases. The French researchers found at a cycle threshold of 25, up to 70% of patients remained positive for COVID-19 in culture and that at a Ct of 30 this value dropped to 20%. At a Ct of 35, the false positive rate was a whopping 97%.

    Their findings agreed with an earlier Canadian study in which confirmed COVID-19 infection was only observed with a Ct of 24 or less, and a symptom-onset-to-test time of under 8 days.

  2. #11432
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    Can someone that understands the mechanism of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine tell me how it differs from the other two

    Is it an “ old school” vaccine like we be been getting for decades

    I’m not getting a mRNA vaccine and maybe won’t get anything
    J&J's vaccine is not a mRNA vaccine. It is a modified adenovirus that has some material of CV19. It is a recombinant vaccine and so while not quite a traditional vaccine, it is similar.

  3. #11433
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,048

  4. #11434
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If it weren't for straw men, he'd have no men at all.
    How is this a straw man? Cuomo championed estate tax cuts. By doing so, he wasted money that could have been used for populist government projects that promote the social good. Expanding dental coverage under medicaid/expanding cosmetic surgery access under medicaid were used in this post as an example of a policy in line with this goal. Where's the straw man? Who is being misrepresented??

  5. #11435
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    He's just groveling now. This is his last term.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    How is this a straw man? Cuomo championed estate tax cuts. By doing so, he wasted money...
    Cutting taxes -- letting people keep their money -- is wasting money.


    that could have been used for populist government projects that promote the social good. Expanding dental coverage under medicaid/expanding cosmetic surgery access under medicaid were used in this post as an example of a policy in line with this goal.
    It could also have been used for hiring more bureaucrats. It could have been used for paying the Stasi to monitor peoples' behavior. It could have been used for lots of useless shit. But because you can articulate a purpose for it that seems righteous to you, the money left in the hands of the people who earned it and their families was "wasted."

    You're not really very good at this. Seriously, I've allowed you to troll the board for long enough. Go away.

  6. #11436
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    How is this a straw man? Cuomo championed estate tax cuts. By doing so, he wasted money that could have been used for populist government projects that promote the social good.
    A person supports a tax cut. That tax could have been used for a social good. Since you do not support that tax cut, you do not support the social good.

    Classic straw man argument. Direct arguments tend to be the most persuasive among intelligent rational people. Try one.

  7. #11437
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    How is this a straw man? Cuomo championed estate tax cuts. By doing so, he wasted money that could have been used for populist government projects that promote the social good.
    The attitude that it’s the government’s money to do what they please with, while allowing us to keep enough to not get themselves killed, really chaps my ass.

  8. #11438
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It could also have been used for hiring more bureaucrats. It could have been used for paying the Stasi to monitor peoples' behavior. It could have been used for lots of useless shit.
    Speaking of, I had a contact tracer come into my new place of employment today. No, she wasn't acting in some official capacity. She was just dropping off some laptops to have her data transferred onto the newest one. The fact that that was the only reason she was there, but that I somehow now know she works as a contact tracer, had a "terrible" case of COVID-19 at one point, is pregnant (or so she claims), and is militantly opposed to anyone smoking anywhere, should tell anyone interested in hearing more about the encounter all they need to know about this woman. We have a comfy arrangement where at the counter when dealing with customers, we wear masks because we obviously don't wanna turn away business from people who insist upon them. But in the back, well beyond 6 feet from where any customer comes, we don't wear masks when we work on machines. She caught view of the one guy working back there not having his mask up over his face and made a stink about it. It's unbelievable how small people can be and obsessed with controlling the lives of others.

  9. #11439
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Why don't they feed them MacDonalds or such and just throw away the sugary bread, at least they have not killed too many customers with under cooked meat. I would have thought that National Guards would have had their own catering corp. How hard is it to cook chicken?

  10. #11440

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He's just groveling now. This is his last term.
    Even though I'm thankful for today's news, and I'm surprised+impressed by the fact it's full-bore 100%, I still will not vote for him again. Caving to pressure last summer was unforgivable.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •