COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1145

starting strength gym
Page 1145 of 1236 FirstFirst ... 1456451045109511351143114411451146114711551195 ... LastLast
Results 11,441 to 11,450 of 12351

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #11441
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Village of Afton, Virginia
    Posts
    814

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Why don't they feed them MacDonalds or such and just throw away the sugary bread, at least they have not killed too many customers with under cooked meat. I would have thought that National Guards would have had their own catering corp. How hard is it to cook chicken?
    The military does, but where do they put them? Congress begrudges giving them even a decent place to rest between guard shifts. Reading about this and the state of the army at Ft. Hood, I may no longer be able to encourage young folks to join the military.

  2. #11442
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,071

    Default

    Ivermectin draws the ire of Science: Frontiers Removes Controversial Ivermectin Paper Pre-Publication | The Scientist Magazine(R)

    After being contacted by The Scientist, the journal posted a statement from Frontiers’s chief executive editor, Frederick Fenter, saying that “Frontiers takes no position on the efficacy of ivermectin as a treatment of patients with COVID-19, however, we do take a very firm stance against unbalanced or unsupported scientific conclusions.”

    During review of the article in what the journal refers to as “the provisional acceptance phase,” Fenter says in the statement, members of Frontiers’s research integrity team identified “a series of strong, unsupported claims based on studies with insufficient statistical significance, and at times, without the use of control groups.”

    The statement continues: “Further, the authors promoted their own specific ivermectin-based treatment which is inappropriate for a review article and against our editorial policies. In our view, this paper does not offer an objective nor balanced scientific contribution to the evaluation of ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19.”

    The statement provided no information about why these concerns had been raised and acted on now, rather than earlier in the publication process.
    It costs about $2. There are no adverse effects at the clinical dose, even if it doesn't work. But we can't try it because it hasn't been studied under "controlled" situations. So I have an idea: Find a group of doctors who are actually sick with COVID-19. Sick, as in symptomatic. Offer them ivermectin. Count the number who take it.

  3. #11443
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ivermectin draws the ire of Science: Frontiers Removes Controversial Ivermectin Paper Pre-Publication | The Scientist Magazine(R)



    It costs about $2. There are no adverse effects at the clinical dose, even if it doesn't work. But we can't try it because it hasn't been studied under "controlled" situations. So I have an idea: Find a group of doctors who are actually sick with COVID-19. Sick, as in symptomatic. Offer them ivermectin. Count the number who take it.
    Not erudite enough. Instead of studying back-pocket good-enough off-label uses of existing cheap medications, Fauci/Collins et. al. do futile gain-of-function studies with major security “escapes”. At best, they’re lost in the weeds. Looks to me like geeks-gone-wild with no adult in the room with domain creds.

  4. #11444
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Merck has donated literally over a billion doses of ivermectin for human use to Africa and other third world nations.

    Now suddenly when they have a contract with johnson and johnson to make their vaccine Merck is discouraging ivermectin use in humans.

    These people are actually evil

  5. #11445
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    J&J's vaccine is not a mRNA vaccine. It is a modified adenovirus that has some material of CV19. It is a recombinant vaccine and so while not quite a traditional vaccine, it is similar.
    Thanks for this but can someone on here please go more in depth?

    I understand it’s manufactured differently, what I want to know is how it works in our bodies vs the “ old school” type vaccines. Does it modify our cells like the mRNA vaccines. I cant seem to google anything at least that I understand.

    I’m a pump and water heating system engineer and the terminology in some of the articles I’ve read is confusing.

    I know there is some doctors on here

    Thankyou

  6. #11446
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Reading about this and the state of the army at Ft. Hood, I may no longer be able to encourage young folks to join the military.
    Good.

  7. #11447
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It could also have been used for hiring more bureaucrats. It could have been used for paying the Stasi to monitor peoples' behavior. It could have been used for lots of useless shit. But because you can articulate a purpose for it that seems righteous to you, the money left in the hands of the people who earned it and their families was "wasted."

    You're not really very good at this.
    If I might but say, sir, as obsequiously as need be, that there are important problems with your interpretation of my commentary. Consider:

    https://familiesusa.org/wp-content/u...al_Banners.pdf



    This is just one item of evidence suggesting that expansion of government-facilitated dental care is overwhelmingly popular. No such evidence exists with regards to bringing back the stasi. I see this as important, because my disdain for Cuomo’s behavior is borne of principled commitment to democracy, populism, and the ideals of western civilization. That’s the kind of man I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

    Seriously, I've allowed you to troll the board for long enough. Go away.
    It would take you ninety seconds to ban this account, any email containing my name, and probably all of the IP addresses in my zip code. I am still hoping that you will not. Many people reading this thread have been entertained by the efforts of one of its most consistent and thoughtful contributors, and would be disappointed as well. I remain willing to take to heart any tangible instructions that would make my posting more palatable to you.

    But for the last fucking time, I am not a fucking troll

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    A person supports a tax cut. That tax could have been used for a social good. Since you do not support that tax cut, you do not support the social good.

    Classic straw man argument. Direct arguments tend to be the most persuasive among intelligent rational people. Try one.
    I see what you’re driving at, Barry, but you’ve framed my argument imprecisely. I didn’t say he didn’t support the social good, because I think that “support” indicated on a binary scale is a poor measure of commitment. I implied that he did not support the social good ENOUGH, because he indicated that the social good was less important to him than ensuring that millionaire’s brats can begin life with a 60ft lead off of third base rather than 45ft.

    You want a direct argument? Ensuring equity in the spheres of the education and healthcare throughout childhood is an essential part of equality of opportunity, which is an essential part of what you could call the western civic and political tradition. Therefore, denying equity to children of opportunity to people is bad. Three steps—about as direct as I can get it. Now which of these do you ACTUALLY disagree with?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericw View Post
    The attitude that it’s the government’s money to do what they please with, while allowing us to keep enough to not get themselves killed, really chaps my ass.
    Your great-grandparents—better people—lived through the time when the government hardly bothered taxing anyone and just trusted the corporations to provide everyone with an acceptable standard of living.

    You will notice that they voted differently from you.

  8. #11448
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ivermectin draws the ire of Science: Frontiers Removes Controversial Ivermectin Paper Pre-Publication | The Scientist Magazine(R)



    It costs about $2. There are no adverse effects at the clinical dose, even if it doesn't work. But we can't try it because it hasn't been studied under "controlled" situations. So I have an idea: Find a group of doctors who are actually sick with COVID-19. Sick, as in symptomatic. Offer them ivermectin. Count the number who take it.
    Every anecdote I've heard about ivermectin resulted in essentially a 24 hour turnaround in COVID symptoms. The only alternative explanation for those results in my view is that their symptoms were going to be gone in that 24 hour period anyway. Granted, when I had what I am pretty sure was COVID in November 2019, that's about as fast as symptoms disappeared for me. But I spent the day basically sleeping and only getting up to eat food or drink gatorade. It took longer for my parents to get over it, especially my dad, but he made it too.

  9. #11449
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Bold claims regarding the Pfizer covid19 "vaccine" from Dr Hervé Seligmann who works at the Emerging Infectious and Tropical Diseases Research Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, France. He is of Israeli-Luxembourg nationality.
    They claim that Pfizer’s shot causes “mortality hundreds of times greater in young people compared to mortality from coronavirus without the vaccine, and dozens of times more in the elderly, when the documented mortality from coronavirus is in the vicinity of the vaccine dose, thus adding greater mortality from heart attack, stroke, etc.”
    This info first published in Israel: Vaccination in Israel: Challenging mortality figures? - Israel National News
    In the US here: Death Rates Skyrocket in Israel Following Pfizer Experimental COVID "Vaccines"
    In Russian here: В Израиле после вакцинации резко выросла смертность : Новости Накануне.RU

    Quoting from this Israel Forum thread: The uncovering of the vaccination data in Israel reveals a frightening picture-הודעות של נקים

    this article can not be debunked since it is based on real data that have been exposed but since its publication the Israeli ministry of health and the Pfizer/Moderna coalition keep trying to deceive the public with biased "scientific" article ( like the new england journal of medicine) that intentionally focus on the Covid sickness two weeks after the 2nd shot and hide the most important data that is the death numbers among the vaccinated people from covid and other adverse effects after the first shot.The fact that Dr Ran Balicer the corresponding author of the NEJM publication, works for the Israeli health department as head of the Klalit research institute and received grants from Pfizer may explain it...as well as 7 other co-authors of the publication.

    We have debunked the NEJM study please read our article:
    Exposing distortions in the NEJM scientific publication on the efficiency of Pfizer's vax

  10. #11450
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,071

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    This is just one item of evidence suggesting that expansion of government-facilitated dental care is overwhelmingly popular.
    Free chicken is "popular," you fool. Troll, no other explanation.

    Now, back to the real world: Houses, healthcare will get more expensive as US economy recovers

    Who could have guessed that it was actually a good thing to shut down the economy? Just a couple of little problems that we'll just have to get through.

    More expensive, but in a good way
    Since price increases will be driven by stronger demand, Rose said, it's an "encouraging sign that the impact of the pandemic is waning and life is returning to normal."
    Yay!! The pandemic is waning!!! $6 gas is just fine!!! These motherfuckers are very disciplined, it has to be said. No deviation from the narrative.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •