COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1152

starting strength gym
Page 1152 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 1526521052110211421150115111521153115411621202 ... LastLast
Results 11,511 to 11,520 of 12232

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #11511
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    30,303

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You seem to be infatuated with "popularity."
    Because he is feeling the brunt of his parents wanting him to move out of the basement.

  2. #11512
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    This is excellent; thanks for posting. If only Washington were filled with guys like him.

    I asked my wife if she'd heard of Charles Hoskinson. She smirked and reminded me that we are holding his cryptos (both Eth & Ada) we bought years ago after listening to him.
    Some real talk about Lockdowns - YouTube

    This is very good, the absolute truth in a short video. But the inescapable conclusion is that 7 billion individual people are going to have to realize that they've been sick before, they got over it, it wasn't too bad, that everybody gets sick from time to time, that it's part of being alive, that occasionally some old or unhealthy person dies from being sick, that this disease is no different in that respect than any other disease, that there are several very effective treatments for this disease that don't involve vaccination, that masks and lockdowns and "social distancing" don't work,
    and that normal life must be resumed or we're fucked as a species. I think we're fucked, because the media and the governments are happy with the way things are now, and people are not sufficiently intelligent or independent to come to these conclusions themselves.

  3. #11513
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    You forgot to mention he drinks a dozen diet cokes a day, when coke zero tastes WAY better. Sure sign of a madman.
    This too is accurate.

  4. #11514
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,037

    Default

    Do not drink Coke. It was on The List of 200.

  5. #11515
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do not drink Coke. It was on The List of 200.
    Not a bad idea to give up my preferred sparkling beverage for Lent. And then because of L200. Pretension precedes initiation. I confer meaning on the universe.

    But I'm going to finish my Kirkland Bourbon. Just a smidge left and I like its heat. Discipline or not, I can't buy it again - I cut off my left hand around the time of my no-fly-manifesto. A foreshadowing of L200.

  6. #11516
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Should we assume that progressive Big Tech is currently purging their social media platforms of politically right-leaning users and their discourse (in addition to COVID-19 sceptics) in order to similarly earn brownie points with their deracinated, progressive consumer base? Is there really no political agenda or "conspiracy" at play?
    Oh there’s DEFINITELY a conspiracy at play. The object of the conspiracy is to keep everyone believing that the neolibs are the good guys by drawing attention to the extent to which they clash with one of the only groups of people in the entire world more contemptible than them.

    You are a smart guy, and you know the contours of the history of Europe and European thought. I mean that—which is why the fact that you have convinced yourself that twitter needs to ban nazis because their message is so inexorably persuasive they can’t hope to prevail but by silencing it is fucking mindblowing to me. That just isn’t the situation. The feel-good racial harmony stuff does appeal to many people on a deep psychological level, and is legitimately popular in a very real sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    You can ask me one question at a time. It has to be a question you want to know the answer to. If it is a legitimate question, I'll give you a legitimate answer followed by a question of my own.
    Can you explain in more detail what you meant when you said you believe in American Exceptionalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    You have gone from your grand sounding principle of equity of opportunity, to not being able to define what you believe it means, to falling back on the current situation unless the electorate votes to chance it. What do you believe?
    I said that more equality of opportunity is my goal. Practically, that means raising the floor on conditions for children. I’m at a loss for what you’re asking for re: a definition. I want things to be less unequal, especially during childhood. Schools and healthcare are important parts of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Well the floor is set at the current level unless the electorate votes to change it by your previous logic so lets just go with that!
    …I’m trying to persuade people to vote to change it. That’s the entirety of my presence on this forum. Your tone is mocking, and you don’t seem to be paying close attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Are these people that are worse at everything your children of opportunity? How do you decide how much to help, and do they really get much of a chance - the world still needs people in the poorly paid menial jobs (refer Iron Law of Wages). Spending more to improve these peoples math/writing will not substantially change their life outcomes.
    If you really don’t believe that spending money improves educational attainment outcomes, then you will have no trouble voting to uncouple school funding from property taxes, right? Your kids are so smart that they’ll excel in any environment, right? Come on, Mark… why not just humor old Haghstull on this one?

    But in all seriousness, there is a kernel of truth in what you say. Environment is not the end-all-be-all. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter, or that it isn’t right and good to help less fortunate people.

    And if you really believe that people working menial jobs are essential to the world, the you ought to be willing to pay them enough to live with a little dignity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    I would have thought you would be more worried about equity for those that from a disadvantaged background, missing out on this potential talent does cost them and society. I don’t think you deeply understand the principle you are arguing and its consequences of its different implementations.
    Mhm.

  7. #11517
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,037

    Default

    I didn't read this shit. I'm tired of this asshole. If you guys want to continue, let me know.

  8. #11518
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I didn't read this shit. I'm tired of this asshole. If you guys want to continue, let me know.
    I only chime in on virus related science but Haggis (not an auto-correct) bores the shit out of me.

    I have zero problem with viewpoints that are not congruent with mine- even socially, but Iíve got no desire to see any man jack off.

    Haggis is doing just that.

  9. #11519
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post


    Can you explain in more detail what you meant when you said you believe in American Exceptionalism?


    .

    America has the rare combination of ingredients that ensure balance of power under extraordinary diversity. This includes, being a union of States, a represented Republic, and a brilliant constitution based on inalienable individual rights.

    Evidence of success is the demonstrated ability to improve and correct, unequaled scientific achievement, a culture of self sacrifice, and the direction of immigration.

    What are your SPECIFIC minimum standards provided to individuals from the collective?

  10. #11520
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    657

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    future synthetic burger sales place
    That was it! Pretty late at night.

    Sounds like we have put the pieces of the puzzle together:
    He must be planning an aggressive takeover of the burger chain to profit off of the synthetic meats movement.
    But, he is doing it in an effort to justify his fast food and soda addiction.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •