starting strength gym
Page 1156 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1566561056110611461154115511561157115811661206125616562156 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,560 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They probably told them that the food they were confiscating was spoiled or poisoned, just like the CDC. Hey, just doing their jobs! Just following orders! It's for your own good!!

Looka dis: https://startingstrength.com/contentfiles/file_3204.pdf

Lots of useful C19 data here. Look at the first one, top left.
    “Just following orders” are the most frightening words possible. Many behavioral reset and psychologists have studied why normal and well intentioned people can end up herding people into gas chambers. While there is not one perfect answer, some suggest a warped bellef system and a compliant no questioning attitude.

Ridgeback Biotherapeutics and Merck Announce Preliminary Findings from a Phase 2a Trial of Investigational COVID-19 Therapeutic Molnupiravir | Business Wire

Merck news. When Merck first made the announcement advising the public to not use Ivermectin to combat CV19 my knee jerk reaction was that it was the company executives holding to the first rule of being an executive. Which is, "Today I'm an executive, and I will do nothing that will prevent me from being an executive tomorrow, nor will I do anything that will prevent me from being an executive at an adjacent corporation."

Perhaps it was as simple as Merck seeking a return on an alternative therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The Twilight Zone - The Obsolete Man - YouTube

The Twilight Zone, one of the best programs to come out of the US.
    You know, wal, it's odd that we've missed this for the past year. Thanks for finding it.

You know, wal, it's odd that we've missed this for the past year. Thanks for finding it.
    From Oct. The whole episode is amusing too.

In some ways the modern version of the twighlight zone.

"I Love You, Social Distancing" Song by Eric Cartman (Original Music) - SOUTH PARK - YouTube

The COVID Hypochondriacs Think They’re Saving the World, But They're Actually Destroying It by Scott Morefield

The United States recently passed a grim “milestone” of sorts with over 500,000 deaths being attributed in some way to COVID-19. What this really means, of course, is that more than 500,000 mostly super-old and/or mostly super-sick people have died who, at some point prior to or at their deaths, discovered COVID-19 in their systems thanks to super-sensitive PCR testing that may or may not have been correct. Sadly, that’s the extent of what we know for sure at this point, though our overlords pretend they know everything while consistently being proven wrong weeks later.

Half a million is a big number, for sure, but around 3 million people die in this country every year, to the tune of well over 7,000 every single day. Yes, there have been excess deaths caused by COVID, but those are probably two-thirds of that grim number we constantly see on the TV ticker. Further, overall deaths over the coming years are likely to be significantly lower as we find that COVID-19 took many people weeks and months earlier than they otherwise would have gone.

I don’t point these things out to be insensitive or disrespectful of the dead, but I do think society has lost all sense of perspective. All death is tragic and sad, especially for those who lose loved ones, and my intention is not to minimize any of it. It is, however, my responsibility to point out that, as absurd as it sounds, a significant proportion of the population of this country seems to have forgotten that we are all, at some point, going to die. Indeed, even as 500,000 were dying of or with COVID-19, 660,000 others were dying of heart disease, and 600,000 were dying of cancer. Where, pray tell, is the national memorial for them?

The truth is, throughout human history, the chance has ALWAYS existed that one could transmit a virus or pathogen either directly or indirectly to someone already super old, super sick, and/or super vulnerable (i.e. immunocompromised) and that that virus or pathogen could play a part in someone’s death. Humans have been at least to some degree aware of this for hundreds of years. It’s not that society shouldn’t be wary of germs and viruses and take reasonable, sustainable precautions against them. But THIS? What has gone on over the past YEAR? To say these draconian lockdowns, unscientific mandates, and bizarre restrictions have been entirely disproportionate to the actual threat would be the understatement of the century. They have been a gross, pathological, hard-to-believe-it’s-not-intentional OVERreaction.

Seemingly out of nowhere, society has turned itself into a pretzel in a futile attempt to prevent anyone from dying of or with COVID-19, even though the survival rate is well above 99.5% and the vast majority of those who have died with the virus would have likely soon been dead of something else. We have destroyed livelihoods, futures, and even lives in this Quixotic quest, yet have accomplished absolutely nothing except paving the way for further tyranny down the road exchanged for a false sense of security and protection. In the name of ‘saving’ humanity, we have tragically undermined and destroyed so many things that bring joy to life.

We are living in a time when most people seem to believe that appalling (in any era) assaults on individual liberties are completely worth it if they provide the off-chance that SOME lives could maybe, possibly, conceivably be prolonged by a few weeks or a few months. The irrational fear these hypochondriacs can’t let go of has made life intolerable for the living in countless places worldwide. Consequently, we’ve been watching the world die a slow, self-inflicted death. It’s time to choose life. It's past time to fight back against the fear and the fearmongers, assess the risk, and live our lives to the fullest. Because COVID or not, none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.
    Pretty good summary.

Prince Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah, Sunday night. Think Trump knew something 6 months ago that we all found out last night?!

Trump: 'I'm not a fan' of Meghan Markle and I wish Harry 'good luck' - YouTube

If you aren't sick, if you have no symptoms, if you're in a demographic that does not get sick and die from COVID-19, then the mask is an essential symbol of your faith. FAITH.
    And that you care! A lot. Because it's for the other guy that you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Annino View Post
    Wolf, I've always had a love-hate relationship with the constitution. I appreciate that the Bill of rights expressly guarantees individual liberty and that the constitution lays out quite clearly mechanisms to preserve limited government. The constitution is probably the greatest experiment in limiting government powers in human history, but Ron Paul is right; it has clearly failed. I can remember taking a constitutional law class in college, and every time we got to one of the ‘‘good parts’’ of the text, we would then be presented with some Supreme Court opinion that explained why it supposedly didn't actually mean what it appeared to mean. Activist judges combined with congress and the presidency have steadily chipped away at the founding fathers' original words to produce the massive bloated federal and state governments that we have today. It seems we the people have allowed our government to render the actual Constitution a mere relic, instead of the governing document it purports to be.
    It failed because essentially one "side" continually voted for bad government and the other continually voted for no government, which means bad government fills the void. Every time. While libertardians cry about how true freedom has never been tried.

The founders were not after freedom for freedom's sake. They're complaint was "taxation without representation", not "taxation is theft". Of course their ideas couldn't work to provide the anarchy many read back into them.

Men rule. Not laws. We've needed netter men for a long time and all of the current problems are a result of a shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    The 19th amendment failed us hard.
    Certainly a big part of it.

Nothing was going to go well after the Civil War though. The paradigm shift that resulted from that power grab was never recovered from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Purely for the sake of discussion, I don't think you can. The only proper government is no government at all, in my opinion at least. It seems to me, now that you mention the ancap folks, that the various subdivisions in the anarchist camp have for some 200 years been a massive counterintelligence psyop. The last time we had a situation like this, when a proper anarchist movement formulated some opinions, the various agencies of its day came to slam down heavily on it. Joseph Conrad has written a superb novel on this, called The Secret Agent.
    It is hilarious that the natural outcome of lack of leadership and fear of anything that might resemble government or authority gets called a psyop.

I mean...if only it could ever be truly tried. Like real communism or something....without all the psyop stuff......

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Prince Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah, Sunday night. Think Trump knew something 6 months ago that we all found out last night?!

It's fascinating that anyone on the surface of the planet gives a single fuck about these parasites. Please don't post about them on this forum. Don't make posts about tapeworms either.

Instead, let's focus on the CDC guidelines for people already vaccinated against the deadly COVID-19 virus: BREAKING: CDC Releases New Orwellian Guidelines For Those Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 – Free Press Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post

Nobody down here gives a rats about this nonsense and the gossip queen Oprah, that is why I would rather watch paint dry than this concoction of goop!

We just don't learn from history.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Liberalism fails because humans are tribal creatures.
    Frustrating/bewildering post. The history of human existence throughout the course of your lifetime has been liberalism consolidating its status as the dominant mode thereof and banishing all alternative modes to the corners of the earth... and here you are, calmly predicting that the most reviled of those alternatives is destined for triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post

It failed because essentially one "side" continually voted for bad government and the other continually voted for no government, which means bad government fills the void. Every time. While libertardians cry about how true freedom has never been tried.

The founders were not after freedom for freedom's sake. They're complaint was "taxation without representation", not "taxation is theft". Of course their ideas couldn't work to provide the anarchy many read back into them.

Men rule. Not laws. We've needed netter men for a long time and all of the current problems are a result of a shortage.
    When you're right you're right, George.