starting strength gym
Page 1187 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 1876871087113711771185118611871188118911971237128716872187 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,870 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Not unreasonable, eh? Well try this on for size: One of the biggest things we need in this economy is relief for small business owners who deserve to be succeeding but can’t because of market forces imposed by transnat corps. The best way to counterbalance this is to use the revenue to increase the minimum wage sharply.* That way, working people will have enough disposable income to selectively patronize competent smaller enterprises that deserve to flourish. The vampires that have been sneaking by on government-subsidized labor (i.e. the ones that can’t exist without employing people for $11 an hour) can and should fail.

No, it isn’t. And let me just say how bizarre it seems to me that you logged in to a thread where there were dozens of pages of granular discussion of the renowned economists and social theorists of the 19/20th centuries and started complaining about a guy using 4-syllable words.

If I told you, young man, that you should join together with us to chase the scourge of property ownership over the mountains, across the sunkissed plane, and as far offshore as we must to see it swallowed once and finally by the blackness of the western sea, then you would observe that the words still ring in that unmistakeable Haghstull key despite the absence of any of those “uncommon” words. What I mean to say, my friend, is that I just can’t help it—the way it spills out. All I can offer is the sincere promise that the only person on this forum that I’m confident I am smarter than is Kitsuma.

*To be clear, this means using the funding on more short-term unemployment and actually raising the salaries of government employees that made below the minimum.
    My god, I hope this insufferable fool dies in a car wreck tonight. Either way, he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My god, I hope this insufferable fool dies in a car wreck tonight. Either way, he's done.
    Should we be concerned that this guy is dangerous?

Not after the wreck.

If I told you, young man, that you should join together with us to chase the scourge of property ownership over the mountains, across the sunkissed plane, and as far offshore as we must to see it swallowed once and finally by the blackness of the western sea, then you would observe that the words still ring in that unmistakeable Haghstull key despite the absence of any of those “uncommon” words. What I mean to say, my friend, is that I just can’t help it—the way it spills out. All I can offer is the sincere promise that the only person on this forum that I’m confident I am smarter than is Kitsuma.
    Smug AND condescending. Your use of the phrase “young man” is also an ad hominem logic fallacy. I do not retract my original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Should we be concerned that this guy is dangerous?
    I just started ignoring him after asking myself honestly if I could even figure out a point he was trying to make. Seemed more like mindless contrarianism and harping a lot on what Rip thought of him than anything else. Did something actually interesting happen involving him?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Did something actually interesting happen involving him?
    No, unless you consider the contextual relation between classical dogma and contemporary thinking as applied to relevant, if not proper, diagnostics, in which case a casual spatial observer might question the wellness of, or malicious intent, derived from the dubious use of very long, complicated, and incoherent sentences, unlike simply stating that it is well known that both Meshugga and I have Bob Belts made by Bob.

This wouldn't be so frustrating if there weren't so many in your retinue getting away with downright stomach-churning prose on these forums, Rip. You know well that you care a LOT more about literary competence when your interlocutor disagrees with you.

The people who own the wealth that would be destroyed by a nuclear missile strike in Russia and the people who own the wealth that would be destroyed by a nuclear missile strike in the U.S. are now the same people.

There are some very, very wealthy folks in this country who have found your unwillingness to recognize a need to cut the military budget to be very, very useful, Barry.
    If the Coach doesn't immediately condemn an approved post, it must mean he's in full agreement, right? This type of thinking is why the big platforms "fact check". Why are you here if you prefer their moderation policy?

Which people are you referring to exactly, Mila Kunis? Does she follow the rules of quantum physics now? Ah, it's not meant to be taken literally. You mean the same class of people. Where have I heard that before...

Note the emphasis on and frequent use of "wealth" without mentioning any specifics. Contrast this with some of the criticisms on here of specific actions taken by Soros or Gates. It's almost like Haghstull's rhetoric isn't meant to identify a problem and solve it. On the other hand, it is very useful for getting people angry (at wealthy folk).

@Haghstull, I suggest you step back a bit and try to mingle in the discussion and concerns of the other posters. They're really not as stupid as you think (I am though). Go back and read your own posts. You've been pushing your views with a condescending tone. The pinnacle of which was that rant of what you would do were you the dictator of the USA ("the Dem platform" - Rip) and another one where you disparaged poor people (and got roasted for it). Two posts that were approved and got replied to by the man whose judgement you're calling into question.

Nothing is preventing you from calling out "stomach-churning prose". That would be more interesting than reading your 5th (identical) take on ending poverty.

Haghstull = Hostile. Took us a while, hats off to him. He's gone.

England is is serious trouble:

Supreme Court Judge Expects People Will Be Forced To Wear Masks, Stay Home For TEN YEARS – Summit News

British former Supreme Court judge Lord Sumption has warned that “social controls” brought about by the coronavirus pandemic may be kept in place by governments for up to a decade.

“It’s politically unrealistic to expect the Government to backtrack now,” commented Sumption, who has been highly critical of the government’s ‘totalitarian’ lockdown policies.

The judge compared the reaction to rationing after the Second World War, which went on for nine years, adding that this time “I think it may be even longer.”

“An interesting parallel is the continuation of wartime food rationing after the last war. People were in favour of that because they were in favour of social control,” he said during a ‘Sketch notes on’ podcast.

“In the 1951 general election, the Labour party lost its majority entirely because people with five years more experience of social control got fed up with it. Sooner or later that will happen in this country,” he added.

Sumption’s warning comes in the wake of Public Health England officials stating that restrictions will remain in place for as long as other countries have not vaccinated everyone, a process likely to take years.
    It'''s Officially Now An Offense To Leave England... & Other Absurdities | ZeroHedge

After four hours of debate yesterday in the House of Commons, the United Kingdom has approved an emergency measure that will, among other restrictions, fine Brits who LEAVE the country without a qualifying reason.

Ironically, the British government insists they can legally impose these new rules because of authority that was granted to them under a law called the Public Health Act… which just happened to be passed in… 1984.

Starting on Monday, anyone who leaves England must submit papers making a certified declaration of their reason for leaving. The authorities will then retain the discretion to fine travelers £5,000— nearly $7,000, if the reason isn’t valid.
    This is really amazing. They aren't even pretending to be rational anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Haghstull = Hostile. Took us a while, hats off to him. He's gone.

England is is serious trouble:

Supreme Court Judge Expects People Will Be Forced To Wear Masks, Stay Home For TEN YEARS – Summit News

It'''s Officially Now An Offense To Leave England... & Other Absurdities | ZeroHedge

This is really amazing. They aren't even pretending to be rational anymore.
    It’s depressing and very claustrophobic. TSG beating anyone up who dares protest against what’s happening.

starting strength coach development program
    Black Lives Matter but not Pakistani Uber Eats Drivers Lives, apparently. I guarantee these two fine young ladies were out chanting in the street/looting shit last summer.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...768320512?s=19