starting strength gym
Page 1194 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1946941094114411841192119311941195119612041244129416942194 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Yes, the USA is free and independent to have a murder rate four times higher than the UK. Both countries are currently fucked at the moment and need to sort their shit out.
    What do you think happens to the US murder rate if you remove the Democrat cities from the statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    With really high ratings.
    CNN - Creating the news you pay to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I'm increasingly at a loss on so many posts in this thread.

****COVID could be spread asymptomatically. Then it couldn't.
    We only needed two weeks to stop the spread. Then, a year+.
    Masks weren't necessary. Then, they were.
    Vaccinations would stop all the restrictions. Then, no, the madness must continue*****

Perhaps a collective (you should forgive the dialectic term) deep breath is in order along with some sober reflection here.

Meantime, DB and I have had both our shots and are dispensing with our masks. Special Olympics is cycling back up for Spring Games next month, with granted, some overly cautious temperature taking and screening protocols. But at least I can start coaching the athletes once again. Finally, the park district has green lighted me to start Jujitsu classes once again.

Life is going on. Maybe not in as complete a manner as before and we would like just yet, but the sheep are gradually overcoming and ignoring their shepherd overlords.
    Mr. Hurling, you took the experimental drug and plan to allow yourself to be screened, even post-vaccination. How is that overcoming and ignoring the shepherd overlords? Sounds more like giving in to their every demand and gleefully chasing the moving goalposts. And when I say "you" I mean Westerners collectively, not you individually, so please don't feel accused.

***I fixed your post since there are contradictions and falsifications being discovered on the fascists' side, too. Only, their position is backed by the guns, TVs, papers, and law books. So, why would you feel the need to promote their illegalities here, too? Honestly.***

BTW under what laws/regulations do they try to take our temperatures over there? Over here in commie Russia there's some regulation that defines temperature-taking as a "medical intervention," and those who have awoken try to use that legal definition to get around the protocol, since it's never nurses who are taking the temperatures.

ALSO, has anyone found legal language that allows us to get around the illegal muzzle mandates? I need to visit our consulate soon and I'm dreading playing their game just to get my documents processed. Not like I'll be able to fly anywhere, anyway, without injecting their poison into me! :P
    I doubt my neck scarf pulled over the eyes or medical muzzle pulled over the Halloween mask will go over well, so I'd like to have some legal precedents on my side to quote, much like that Dr. Vernon Coleman has found for the UK (thanks again to the kind soul who posted his vid here and brought him to my attention!)

And, someone asked here, long ago, why I called the experimental vaccines (still officially going through stage three trials!) "poison": the definition is something like a substance that causes bodily harm, which we cannot deny the experimental vaccines cause. The only question is HOW FREQUENTLY they cause that harm, vs. one getting lucky.

Fascinating: Texas Hits Record Low COVID Cases, 3 Weeks After Lifting All Pandemic Restrictions

Abbott’s decision caused a stir among politicians and public health experts, though numerous other states had been operating without restrictions for months.

“Governor Abbott’s failure to listen to science and medical advice will cost Texans their lives,” Rep. Joaquin Castro warned in a statement. “The easiest thing everyone can do to slow the spread of COVID is to wear a mask and keep a social distance.”

"These states' lifting of measures … are quite premature," Jennifer Nuzzo, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, told the BBC.

"They're trying to do a good job of keeping everybody safe. Of course they want to open up. But getting rid of masks just seems ignorant to me," said San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich.

Nearly a month after Abbott’s announcement, the data are in.

“Coronavirus cases have dropped to a record low in Texas roughly three weeks after the state lifted its mask mandate and reopened businesses,” Newsweek reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What do you think happens to the US murder rate if you remove the Democrat cities from the statistics?
    Seriously. Would love to crunch some numbers. Take Chicago, LA, NYC out of the numbers. Or compare Red State Blue state statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Yes, the USA is free and independent to have a murder rate four times higher than the UK. Both countries are currently fucked at the moment and need to sort their shit out.
    The UK is far, far more fucked. Not as fucked as, say, Australia, but oh so fucked compared to The US

But if it makes Robin feel better to think we are as fucked as he is, fine with me. Those poor bastards have no mechanism to walk any of this back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Mr. Hurling, you took the experimental drug and plan to allow yourself to be screened, even post-vaccination. How is that overcoming and ignoring the shepherd overlords? Sounds more like giving in to their every demand and gleefully chasing the moving goalposts. And when I say "you" I mean Westerners collectively, not you individually, so please don't feel accused.

Everyone does this. Everyone balances their own interest with their altruistic values.

Obviously some more than others and some cultures/society more than others.

I’ve yet to meet a single human of perfect ethical purity. It is amusing to witness hypocrisy (my hobby) and it is useful politically as well. That’s a fight worth fighting.

Regardless, I can confidently say the Mark Hurling’s (and the man in particular) have made plenty of calculated trade offs in favor of the greater good over self. That makes the cut in my view. We need more of them, not less.

In the above “If Land”, the murder rate would decrease yet likely remain significantly higher than the UK’s whilst Sutherland Springs Republican shooting freedoms would continue to be enjoyed. In the current reality, people generally don’t like being murdered so I guess the UK is the better choice on this metric. But both countries are fucked at the moment and need to sort their respective shits out. We are where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The UK is far, far more fucked. Not as fucked as, say, Australia, but oh so fucked compared to The US
    Why is the UK more fucked Jovan? Both the UK and the USA are modern powerful western democracies and people generally prefer to stay alive than being murdered - and they have a better chance of the former in the UK. If the higher statistical probability of you being murdered in the USA makes you happy, fine by me.

But if it makes Robin feel better to think we are as fucked as he is, fine with me. Those poor bastards have no mechanism to walk any of this back.
    On the contrary, it makes me feel worse that America is fucked too because, as I’ve said on this forum before, I think America is still a great country despite its current troubles. I suggest we take a step back and all raise a glass and celebrate (and be grateful for) the fact that we aren’t French. Agreed?...

starting strength coach development program
    US murder rates would be quite similar to European murder rates if you normalize for the racial demographics of the European country you are comparing to. Even completely libtarded Portland's murder rate has been significantly lower than the US average (at least until everyone started showing up for last year's party). Compare that to cities like Oakland or Atlanta.