starting strength gym
Page 1226 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2267261126117612161224122512261227122812361276132617262226 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,260 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This was excellent. Thank you for posting. The interviewer was a little over the top but the interviewee was fantastic. Everyone should watch this.

Normalize to 0 -> 100 to impress the public. Another contamination of the clinical by the research community (other is PCR).

Self-serving dangerous morons.

Further, the researchers /do not know/ that the efficacy is a linear process for all placebo infection rates, from ~ 0% up to 100%. But they are acting as though it is. There could be significant non-linearities which would confound the calibration process. And there is no quick way to study large infection rates ethically.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    Discussing politics will never change the mind of a single person, but if it is done right you might learn something from the other side. Throwing out talking points and linking to less serious "news" outlets does not add much value.
    Are you sure you're not just describing yourself? I've had my mind changed plenty, as recently as the last US election. Which of the "serious" news outlets were critical of the Iraq invasion and didn't just write/say whatever the government wanted them to?

I'm going to throw out a couple of reasons why I think Obamacare is a great idea. Let's hear your arguments why you think I'm wrong rather than complaining about my spelling.
    You've just said you can't be convinced to think otherwise, so I'll just debunk your poorly written monologue instead.

Obamacare can be described like this: The government defined a set of rules (pre-existing conditions, minimum coverage etc.) and opened the exchanges where private citizens can shop around to buy an insurance.
    It would already be "open" in the absence of government. You seem to hold this "government" in very high regard. The set of rules were defined by bought politicians and bureaucrats, and that's a good thing how?

I urge you to look up what falls under minimum coverage and look for bullshit the bureaucrats managed to sneak in.

Here's some of the bullshit that the Dutch government decided should fall under minimum coverage:

acupuncture
    anthroposophic eurythmy
    anthroposophic psychotherapy
    anthroposophic therapy
    body-oriented psychotherapy
    chirophonetic therapy
    chiropractic
    craniosacral therapy
    creative arts therapy
    energetic therapy
    gestalt therapy
    haptotherapy
    (classic) homoeopathy
    hypnotherapy
    integrative psychotherapy
    kinesiology
    manual therapy E.S. (Egg Shell)
    mesology
    musculoskeletal medicine
    neural therapy
    neurofeedback
    osteopathy
    orthomanual medicine
    orthomolecular medicine
    phytotherapy
    psychotherapy
    reflex zone therapy
    Van Dixhoorn breathing and relaxation therapy method
    https://www.hollandzorg.com/dutch-he...reimbursements

From my earlier post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    I'll leave this here for when the next leftist (or Hagstull again) registers to tell us how wrong we all are and how superior Europe's healthcare is:

In Holland, the government not only forces you to buy insurance. It also dictates what is and is not insured. Homeopathy was covered for decades, as were shaving accidents for women (but not men)!
    On an aside, our dumbass minister of education (from "the government" you seem to place on pedestal) was seriously considering mandating teaching intelligent design in science classes:

Attempts to introduce Intelligent Design in Europe spark backlash | Ars Technica

And just to be clear, my point is that you can expect a lot more stupid mandates (you know, like the mask one) once you're okay with such an intrusive one. Ironically the Dutch head of the public health institute said the mask mandate was useless and the government went ahead with it anyway. Follow the science and the experts, except when the science doesn't suit you.

The government also offered a subsidy for poor people. The insurers and the health care providers are all private companies and they can chose to participate or not.
    Why does redistributing wealth have to involve healthcare directly? There is no choice, the private companies have to follow the law, you fool.

One alternative is to do nothing and let tenths of millions of people go about with no insurance. You get cancer, just go die!
    People that get cancer may die other way, you fool. It's true they might acquire a massive debt without a mandate, but they would also have had more money in their pocket to buy the insurance that was cheaper prior to Obamacare in the first place.

Personally I think it's fine to public finance insurance (and education) for the underaged. But none of you leftists would suggest (or accept) that.

The leftwing alternative is single payer. This system works quite well in many countries like UK or Canada.
    You omitted some of the countries that have single payer where you have to hand the doctor a fat envelope in the parking lot to get quality healthcare, or are you not aware those exists as well?

However, it is morally wrong for the government to confiscate private property such as insurers or health care providers and privately owned businesses are often more efficient.
    Fascinating you don't think forcing someone to buy something is morally wrong, as pointed out by Mr. Charles and Mr. Le Comte.

One more thing. For Obamacare to work you need the individual mandate.
    And why does such a drawback not make you reconsider it?

Take me as an example. I have not been sick since 2008. I workout, take care of myself and do not consume health care at all. Why should I pay for insurance? Because I might get a serious condition tomorrow
    Amazing that even you managed to come to the conclusion that buying insurance is a smart choice. Seems like you didn't need a mandate/tax to coerce you.

... and it would not be fair for me to go on the exchange and buy and insurance the day I need it.
    Amazing you have an opinion on healthcare policy when you don't seem capable of grasping how insurance works.

You cannot drive around in your car without insurance and the day you crash you make a call and buy a car insurance.
    Yes, the government also mandates car insurance, thus other mandates are good.
    QED

Insurance is by definition a collective effort.
    Insurance = collective effort = Obamacare.
    QED

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I just don't think people who get vaccinated that aren't "at risk" are necessarily selfish or bad people. I think they've just evaluated the risk vs reward of the scenario poorly. The bad people in that scenario were the ones refusing to evacuate people from an island that had a volcanic eruption over their vaccination status, not people in other places who'd gotten it already.
    I don't necessarily think they are either. I think they are usually just completely incapable of dealing with social pressure. There is active evil and passive evil, and the latter can almost always be excused in some way or another. I've engaged in the latter myself during this whole fiasco. I haven't spoken up when I should have, and I still too often wear the mask on the chin or below my nose rather than leaving it in my pocket. I can excuse myself and say I just get exhausted with having to deal with the insane people, but it's still an excuse. To use a popular phrase on the left: by participating in a system, you perpetuate it. (At least in that much the critical race theorists get it right, even if they get almost everything else absolutely wrong.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Here's some of the bullshit that the Dutch government decided should fall under minimum coverage:
    Acupuncture is far better medicine than 99 percent of western medicine.

Students support voting bill...then learn it's actually Georgia's law
    Students support voting bill...then learn it's actually Georgia's law - YouTube

Riot Police Storm Family Home at 1AM Because of Slightly Delayed COVID Test

On 5 October 2020, at 1am in the morning, police armed with automatic weapons, gas masks, bulletproof vests and a battering ram swarmed on a home in Brahma Lodge, South Australia. Officers completely surrounded the property, invading neighbouring backyards to do so.

Onlookers awoken by the commotion and the police helicopter hovering above thought there was a hostage siege taking place at the house. But there was no siege. There were no terrorists or criminals holed up at the premises, nor were any drugs or weapons being stashed there.

What happened next was mind-boggling:

South Australia Riot Police Storm Family Home at 1AM Because of Slightly Delayed COVID Test – SAPOL – South Australia Police Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Acupuncture is far better medicine than 99 percent of western medicine.
    Absolutely. That one time I had a "urinary tract infection" those skinny little needles cleared it right up.

And we wonder how The Holocaust was accomplished.

Anthony Colpo with two more good ones:

Fact Fudgers: Why Snopes is a Hopelessly Biased, Unreliable Website

Snopes bills itself as “the internet’s definitive fact-checking resource.” Nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, it’s a hopelessly biased site run by shady characters that uses blatant misinformation to discredit stories that are in fact true.

Fact Fudgers: Why Snopes is a Hopelessly Biased, Unreliable Website – Anthony Colpo

Chinese Officials Dodging COVID-19 Vaccinations, Citing Health Reasons: Leaked Documents

As the Chinese regime cajoles and coerces people into receiving COVID-19 vaccines, many local officials are quietly avoiding the shots themselves.

Chinese Officials Dodging COVID-19 Vaccinations, Citing Health Reasons: Leaked Documents – Anthony Colpo

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Riot Police Storm Family Home at 1AM Because of Slightly Delayed COVID Test

On 5 October 2020, at 1am in the morning, police armed with automatic weapons, gas masks, bulletproof vests and a battering ram swarmed on a home in Brahma Lodge, South Australia. Officers completely surrounded the property, invading neighbouring backyards to do so.

Onlookers awoken by the commotion and the police helicopter hovering above thought there was a hostage siege taking place at the house. But there was no siege. There were no terrorists or criminals holed up at the premises, nor were any drugs or weapons being stashed there.

What happened next was mind-boggling:

South Australia Riot Police Storm Family Home at 1AM Because of Slightly Delayed COVID Test – SAPOL – South Australia Police Corruption
    What do you expect from South Australia? They are trying to run the state on a Tesla battery.