starting strength gym
Page 1256 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2567561156120612461254125512561257125812661306135617562256 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,560 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'd really like to know what happened in Russia in the 1930s that allowed Stalin to decimate his population, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, all these evil animals. It seems like hyperbole to say that the same level of compliance and obedience we're seeing here allowed that genocide, so I wonder what the differences really are. A matter of degree? This kind of widespread public acceptance of blatant control of the individual leads nowhere any of us want to go, but going we are.
    This book. Stephen Kotkin has two massive volumes of Stalin, the first his birth, rise to power in the Bolshevik Revolution through 1929. The second volume brings you through the 1930s and up to WW1. Each volume is around 800 pages but readable. Utterly fascinating to see how power is taken and how it is abused to oppress and kill hundreds of millions. Cannot recommend these two volumes enough, worth every penny. But it will scare the hell out of you. The path is so subtle to get there is soooo subtle.

Stephen Kotkin
    Stalin: Waiting for Hitler, 1929-1941

I'd really like to know what happened in Russia in the 1930s that allowed Stalin to decimate his population, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, all these evil animals. It seems like hyperbole to say that the same level of compliance and obedience we're seeing here allowed that genocide, so I wonder what the differences really are. A matter of degree? This kind of widespread public acceptance of blatant control of the individual leads nowhere any of us want to go, but going we are.
    It is a matter of degree, but not in the direction you suggest. We probably aren't being slaughtered yet because we are being more compliant than those people of the past. When we start to effectively resist is when things will get interesting.

The worst case scenario isn't Mao or Stalin, it's a global hive society whose citizens can't even conceive of anything outside of consumption and obedience. Like the WEF puts it in their premature victory lap: "You will own nothing, and you will be happy."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    You know, the bottom line problem to all this shit is that we let a group of people do things that we would never let a person do. Why is it more moral when a group does it?
    That's because "we" are no longer a people. We are a collection of deracinated, atomised self-interested individuals who have no real belonging to the places we find ourselves in. It was never a question of morality, it's just that "we" have been scared off the idea of collectivizing, and the group who is prepared to collectivize, and act in their group interests, will always outcompete individuals.

The conservative right has convinced us the most important thing, while we're being buried alive, is that we mumble "at least we're not Nazis!". We will be the most principled and pathetic losers in history.

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Most articulate discussion of the potential long-term harms that may be associated with taking the COVID 19 prophylactic injectables.

DarkHorse Podcast with Geert Vanden Bossche & Bret Weinstein - YouTube

Blunting of the innate immune system response to, and impairing your ability to combat the wild-type SARS CoV2 or the many variants to come is THE reason not to take the jab.
    This is a bit long. Can you give us some curation?

http://www.sfu.ca/~allen/LockdownReport.pdf

This is an interesting paper, from Canada. Apparently our friend Mike Israetel posted this on social media and had it taken down as "disinformation." Never forget that the term "lockdown" first applied to prisons.

The Darkhorse podcast is exploring the hypothesis that mass vaccination during a pandemic is in effect a serial passaging experiment designed to teach the virus to quickly mutate into variants.

By the way, Facebook has flagged the Darkhorse podcast as “false information.”

This is a bit long. Can you give us some curation?
    It is long but as a physician with a background in genetics and virology, I registered and posted this today after following this thread for 9 months because it is worth everyone's time.

There is discussion about the generation of viral variants due to the non-sterilizing "leaky" nature of the vaccines. I think that's fairly well established and playing out in real-time around the world but that's not the point of this interview.

The important part of the discussion is the hypothesis that taking the vaccine, because it very narrowly targets the S-protein, will blunt the individuals ability to mount an innate immune response to the viral variants being selected for thanks to the vaccine.

There are 2 components to immunity:innate and acquired. Innate immunity exists without exposure to a pathogen and is non-specific. It is very robust in youth and declines in the aged and infirm. Acquired immunity is post-exposure kind of immunity and happens in response to vaccines (and pathogen exposure) and is very specific. When you take the vaccine, which targets the wild-type (non-variant) SARS CoV2, a very specific to the wild-type virus immune response happens. But the immune response is so specific, the immune response doesn't stop the SARS CoV2 variants but may interfere with the individual's innate immune response - thereby making those vaccinated MORE vulnerable to the variant viruses which are inevitably coming. This is the explanation for the largely unaffected young, the more severely affected elderly, the rapid appearance of variants, the failure at previous attempt to create vaccines for the SARS CoV1 due to antibody dependent enhancement (ADE).

There is a funny moment in the later third of the video when the presenter asks the guest what should our response be and he replies, "remain sero-neagtive". Meaning, don't take these vaccines.

The above is only a rough thumb-nail sketch of the 1:30 long video and I typed it while enjoying one of Rip's Vesper Martini's, so forgive the typo's but look - if you've followed this "Covid 19 factors" thread for a year, that 90min video is worth your time.

#seronegative

I read the Wiki definition of “Differentiated instruction” and was dumbfounded that anyone would think this was a good idea, but then I remembered that the Virginia government is now Democratic controlled.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    The important part of the discussion is the hypothesis that taking the vaccine, because it very narrowly targets the S-protein, will blunt the individuals ability to mount an innate immune response to the viral variants being selected for thanks to the vaccine.

There are 2 components to immunity:innate and acquired. Innate immunity exists without exposure to a pathogen and is non-specific. It is very robust in youth and declines in the aged and infirm. Acquired immunity is post-exposure kind of immunity and happens in response to vaccines (and pathogen exposure) and is very specific. When you take the vaccine, which targets the wild-type (non-variant) SARS CoV2, a very specific to the wild-type virus immune response happens. But the immune response is so specific, the immune response doesn't stop the SARS CoV2 variants but may interfere with the individual's innate immune response - thereby making those vaccinated MORE vulnerable to the variant viruses which are inevitably coming. This is the explanation for the largely unaffected young, the more severely affected elderly, the rapid appearance of variants, the failure at previous attempt to create vaccines for the SARS CoV1 due to antibody dependent enhancement (ADE).
    I posted a link about this a couple of months ago, and several people told me it was the scariest thing they'd read so far. Like a booby trap. Now, who would do such a thing to little old us? I can think of a few. I will watch this, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    By the way, Facebook has flagged the Darkhorse podcast as “false information.”
    I hope this has been archived elsewhere.