starting strength gym
Page 1284 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2847841184123412741282128312841285128612941334138417842284 ... LastLast
Results 12,831 to 12,840 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Some have argued to me that it makes some people uncomfortable if I am not masked. I always counter that wearing a mask makes me uncomfortable, and nobody seems to give a shit about my comfort. Why am I obligated to care about their comfort?
    Your comfort isn’t more important than my right to life. It IS NOT a persons right to choose. It’s in the Geneva Convention. Look it up.

However, the benefits of a mask you are missing include keeping your face warm and hiding your multiple chins , especially when video conferencing. Just pull it down like you’re at the gym and keeping it ready for rapid deployment. It’s not a bad look at all.

I can’t speak much for the fashion as some masks can match the color of your clothes. I guess black is always a good color and the $0.05 fake surgical masks are so available you always can grab a dozen. Some other sucker pays for them anyway. Just keep them out of the ocean as they can strangle baby pelicans.

This is precisely why I do not wear a mask when I go in the store. I am not going to contribute to the illusion. It only works because people go along with it. People will rationalize that everyone else is doing it and they don’t want to stand out. With this thinking it will never end. All that matters is the truth. Which is that masking has, at the very best, a negligible effect at preventing the spreading of airborne contagions. Some have argued to me that it makes some people uncomfortable if I am not masked. I always counter that wearing a mask makes me uncomfortable, and nobody seems to give a shit about my comfort. Why am I obligated to care about their comfort?
    Dammit Brian you have good intentions, but as long as we're discouraging group think to stop the spread of this madness, we also need to stop adopting the irrational terms of our enemy's fight.
    It does not matter at all whether the masks are effective at stopping the spread of this virus, because their effectiveness has nothing to do with whether our society should allow forced muzzling (IMHO, but I would hope that this is a common opinion).

Just like labelling others who are vaccine suspicious "anti-vaxx," while YOU are "pro-vaxx" but just healthily suspicious of these injections, this time puts the fight on their terms, this nonsense of being opposed to muzzling because of its ineffectiveness needs to stop. And it's not like the past year has shown us that proving the inefficacy of masks awakens others!
    ---_----------------

Has this been posted yet?
    URGENT!! 5 DOCTORS AGREE THAT COVID-19 INJECTIONS ARE BIOWEAPONS AND DISCUSS WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT

It's a roundtable of five docs discussing the bleeding and menstrual problems of uninjected people who've been around the injected ones, and discussing how this transmission may be occurring, and whether the spike proteins themselves are perhaps the dangerous part of the illness.

There's a lot of medical terminology tossed around and I'm only about 45min through it, but it seems too important to sit on without sharing.
    I suppose the pediatrician's words at 30:55 - 41:20 would be the best place to start. He thinks we need to quarantine the injected away from the uninjected!

Big shout-out to BrandNewTube who hosted this vid, and whose link I was able to share on Facebook with censorship (this one got labeled fake news: URGENT! 5 Doctors Agree that COVID-19 Injections are Bioweapons and Discuss What to do About It ), and whom I found thanks to the Dr. Vernon Coleman vids that someone on here shared long ago!

Over here in Russia they seem to think their vaccine is safer; has anyone seen data proving that out? Are there any other competing vaccines out there besides the Western (AstroZeneca, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson) ones? Or is it only the Russkies who are finding ways to be free from Big Pharma's chokehold?

Our American children are being muzzled in schools; incredible. Sorry but that still just blows my mind. So, we must stay strong and remain defiant, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Wow. And the guy with the bat who's retreating, Michael Isaacs, gets arrested.

My best friend told me he wanted to go to DC on January 6th but wouldn't have brought his wife and kids because, well, leftists, and ultimately did not go because things like Charlottesville and the NYC arrests and prosecutions of Proud Boy Protectors foreshadowed for him what would come to be.

What a lovely country to choose to live in, be subservient to (pay taxes), and cede land to the infiltrator leaders of (giving up city territory to retreat to countryside and 'burbs). I don't think this solution of downplaying the severity of cultural rot and isolating into communities has played out well. We do, after all, live on the perimeters of, if not within, enemy territory!
    Your best friend did not bring his wife and kids to a protest not because he is a man and men don’t put your wife and kids in situations like protests.

There, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I've been noticing a really bad effect the mask shit is having on my mind. Not in that just wearing one is messing with me. It's the entire situation, it's making me suspicious of and hateful of everyone around me.
    They are making us all hate each other.
    It is completely justified to have a very low opinion of mask wearers. Hate might be a bit much, but they are all accomplices.

This is precisely why I do not wear a mask when I go in the store. I am not going to contribute to the illusion. It only works because people go along with it. People will rationalize that everyone else is doing it and they don’t want to stand out. With this thinking it will never end. All that matters is the truth. Which is that masking has, at the very best, a negligible effect at preventing the spreading of airborne contagions. Some have argued to me that it makes some people uncomfortable if I am not masked. I always counter that wearing a mask makes me uncomfortable, and nobody seems to give a shit about my comfort. Why am I obligated to care about their comfort?
    Same here.

I could bear the inconvenience of wearing a mask. It's not really a big deal physically for me to have to wear one for the 30 minutes of grocery shopping. But not wearing it is literally a beacon of hope that everyone is not completely insane. I see it in their eyes of the non retards out there and strangers have flat out told me as much while out and about.

As far as respect and making people uncomfortable goes: I am not going to talk to some loon's imaginary friend just to make them feel comfortable either.

This is a really good, factual and interesting article. Hopefully not previously posted.

Origin of Covid — Following the Clues | by Nicholas Wade | May, 2021 | Medium

Pfizer Earned $3.5 Billion in Q1 COVID-19 Vaccine Sales, Moderna Earned $1.9 Billion

The COVID-19 'vaccines' are dangerous, poorly tested drugs that have produced an unprecedented number of adverse event and death reports in a very short time. That hasn't stopped Pfizer and Moderna from posting huge quarterly profits as a result of their dubious COVID drugs.

Both drugs use mRNA technology, which has proven a consistent failure in clinical testing. Prior to the COVID con, no mRNA drug had ever been approved for human use. These COVID mRNA drugs were brought to market by regulatory sleight of hand: Granting them 'emergency use authorization' allowed their manufacturers to bypass the normal approval process.

While Pfizer and Moderna have profited handsomely from this fraudulent state of affairs, the adverse event and death reports for these drugs continue to mount at an unprecedented rate:

Pfizer Earned $3.5 Billion in Q1 COVID-19 Vaccine Sales, Moderna Earned $1.9 Billion – Anthony Colpo

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    This is a really good, factual and interesting article. Hopefully not previously posted.

Origin of Covid — Following the Clues | by Nicholas Wade | May, 2021 | Medium
    In support of this today, here is a Newsmax reporter's last day in the White House Press Corp: Newsmax Reporter asks Jen Psaki REAL Questions at Press Briefing

Gain of function question starts at 90 seconds.

Sadly, most deplorables have known for months that Fauci funded this gain of function research first at UNC..and then at Wuhan. It was moved from UNC after the scientific community voiced concern about the dangers of the research.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    It is completely justified to have a very low opinion of mask wearers. Hate might be a bit much, but they are all accomplices.
    That's just it though, I AM technically a mask wearer. I hate it, but I live in hostile territory. Not in the sense of local sentiment, but the state government is very much all over that shit. It's just less of a hassle to deal with these people and wear the stupid thing for basic stuff that isn't physically demanding. But lifting? I just can't fucking do that. I've tried it with a "standard" mask and even a "fake" one that was single ply and thin fabric. The lighter one didn't have as pronounced an effect, but both made me get light headed and headachey from too much CO2 uptake. And the fact that I'm expected to wear one during this activity just makes me furious at these people. But I don't even know where to direct the anger, because the people like that are fucking hidden from me.

You guys are thinking about this too much. The obvious reason not to wear a mask is that women wanna fuck you when they see you without one.

starting strength coach development program
    I've been noticing a really bad effect the mask shit is having on my mind. Not in that just wearing one is messing with me. It's the entire situation, it's making me suspicious of and hateful of everyone around me. I had a mask tattler incident at the gym that got two jackoffs who I've never seen doing anything in the place (so I'm assuming they are either management, or La Fitness "trainers", which are useless) walking around telling people to pull their masks up while lifting. It only happened once, and so I KNOW it was because of a tattler. Someone went to the people working there, and complained because they saw people exercising with their masks pulled down so they could breathe and not suck up toxic levels of CO2. But because of the way this system is setup, I don't know who that person is, neither does anyone else. They are not exposed to the scorn of their peers for their shitty behavior. Because this hasn't happened all but once, I KNOW this fucker is a minority.

But the majority of the gym is full of people who exercise with the masks on, usually at silly reduced intensities that won't generate any significant adaptation. Because this happens so infrequently, I assume these people aren't pissy about mask wearing, they just don't want to get in trouble themselves. But here's the problem. Because of this anonymous tattler setup, mentally, potentially EVERY one of these neutral people becomes potentially the asshole who brought down the mask police. Now whenever I catch someone giving me a glance while lifting, my brain's immediate impulse is to think that person is some mask tattling asshole who's going to try and fuck with my life.

I even start to feel that way in other settings. I walk around the grocery seeing other people in masks, and I think, "Is this person some asshole who supports mask mandates?" The truth though, is that these people are a minority, but they are completely insulated from us knowing who they are. And their being protected puts those of us who disagree with them in a paranoid state where everyone we don't know could be one of them. They've encouraged people who line up with their shit agenda to be suspicious of and hateful of a hidden minority in the population ("nazis") for years, but now they've gotten those of us who don't agree to be paranoid of our own hidden-minority enemy. They are making us all hate each other.
    It is surreal. Yesterday at the grocery, a maskless lady smirks up to me and says "Who do you think you are not wearing a mask?" We talked for 30 minutes without filters. Neither of us gave ONE SHIT if the masked zombies overheard our conversation even when we openly talked about them. Rip made the point that he likes the masks. He's right. The masks are a blessing; they are uniforms. They empower us to recognize each other and organize. I am taking advantage of this time. We have a large group now (~600 members now) that meets every few weeks with great speakers on all the topics discussed in this thread. It is very uplifting to be around people who have no fear.

This may be a cliche, but this scene from the Matrix comes to mind: Most people are not ready to be unplugged

That damned movie really was a documentary.

Anyway, I don't hate them. I'm just waiting for them to unplug themselves. Until then, I plug into The Matrix to get shit done, but the relationships with the pod-people have little depth.

(Trivia: Why Will Smith turned down the role of Neo)