starting strength gym
Page 1300 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3008001200125012901298129913001301130213101350140018002300 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,000 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Low budget propaganda works. The tomb stone of conservatism will read "We lost everything, but we did it peacefully and with honor."
    While being entirely wrong on both counts because it will be honorless and due to cowardice and not a desire for peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    So you’d rather the tombstone of the leftists read “Haha, we actually won”?
    Way to prove anticausal's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    What covidiot propaganda can you share from your corners of this Brave New World?
    The Walmarts near me have finally dropped the "State and local mandates" BS part of their signage and are just going with it being Walmart's own policy.

In an effort to keep up, I have changed my own policy from having them kiss my right ass cheek first to starting with the left one.

Control Group.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Speaking of the children......https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/st...04549675393033 Lord have mercy, I'd be in jail if I was that boy's mom.
    Someone should push Shamu back into the ocean.

A few months ago, studies on COVID-19 and myocarditis were plastered all over headlines by CNN, NYT, etc. Those studies obviously lacked basic scientific rigor, such as control groups (1, 2, 3).

Those studies have been refuted, and the media’s failure is laid bare in this retrospective.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    This is low budget propaganda. Don't be like them posting this shit.

P.S., babies hang out with their mouths open and tongues flailing without masks.
    Breathing under a mask is terrible. Why would anyone force that upon small children? It is not even according to recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post

How much of their childhood are their hypochondriac mothers going to steal from them? I mean, damn, how have we raised kids since the dawn of time without masks? It's not like children have immune systems or anything.
    Sorry for your year of loss...it’s humbling to be reminded of what’s important.

While my biology is very limited I do remember learning that immune systems were important and they need to be “trained” from an early age. Isn’t an atrophied immune system a bad idea?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....ML._SY445_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    A few months ago, studies on COVID-19 and myocarditis were plastered all over headlines by CNN, NYT, etc. Those studies obviously lacked basic scientific rigor, such as control groups (1, 2, 3).

Those studies have been refuted, and the media’s failure is laid bare in this retrospective.
    It's always the media. ALWAYS.

An early report that set in motion fears of a Covid-heart disease connection was published in JAMA Cardiology on July 27, 2020. German researchers claimed that 78% of recently recovered Covid-19 patients had “abnormal” signs on their cardiac magnetic resonance scans and 60% showed signs of inflamed heart muscle, a condition known as myocarditis. Those astonishing numbers were covered in nearly 400 news outlets. The report has so far received been viewed more than 900,000 times — a rarity for academic papers.

Soon after its publication, however, the paper was criticized for statistical and methodologic errors. It eventually underwent a long but much quieter correction that indicated that many of the abnormalities were only marginally more common among those recovering from Covid-19 than among similar control individuals who had not had Covid-19.

A few weeks later, on Sept. 11, 2020, a study out of Ohio State University showed that 15% of competitive athletes who had recovered from Covid-19 had abnormalities on cardiac magnetic resonance scans. This study, of just 26 athletes, was entirely lacking in controls. What’s more, earlier and contemporary studies had found similar abnormalities among elite athletes without Covid-19. But the news coverage and social media posts continued at a frenzied pace. College sports nearly stopped. And people with mild or even asymptomatic disease sought out cardiac magnetic resonance scans, and some physicians even recommended having them.
    The broader lesson is that science communication in times of crisis must keep a level head. The public, and decision-makers, need properly controlled studies instead of early sensational reports. In a world where success is measured by clicks, the idea that even mild cases of Covid-19 could pose a new and unprecedented threat to the heart took off. That fear has largely been unsubstantiated, though news of it won’t spread nearly as quickly.

The story of “Covid heart” is not over. Future studies will undoubtedly provide more information. But people who have recovered from Covid-19 have no special reason to worry about their hearts. Instead, we should all worry about the incentives in the modern media world, and why we got so far ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Way to prove anticausal's point.
    Not really sure what you mean by this. This forum rolls its eyes at the earlier army recruitment propaganda but this crap is supposed to prove some kind of “point”?

Quote Originally Posted by No insect View Post
    Breathing under a mask is terrible. Why would anyone force that upon small children? It is not even according to recommendations.
    I don’t disagree. But this is still meant to twist your emotional arm into a certain view. Propaganda.

Yes Eric, it's a shame that the right occasionally stoops to the level occupied by the left constantly. But there is no denying that stupid people mask their children, that this is both unnecessary and harmful, that they do it anyway because stupid people follow orders, and this video just demonstrated it again. I don't understand why you're so twisted off here.

Our fearless leader Inslee, who exactly one week ago, said he was freezing and considering rolling back some of the progress counties had made through his ridiculous “phased approach”, is now saying we might lift mask mandates IF 70% of the state is vaccinated.

Seattle is, of course fully buying in.

Between the mask hysteria and the male feminist meeting flyers I saw:

I really need to get the fuck out of here.

I am skeptical of anything that I detect is trying to funnel me towards a specific viewpoint, especially when it appears out of context or otherwise edited to do so. And I find the pathos of the whole thing repulsive and unnecessary.

I do not disagree that the masking of children is wrong and unnecessary, and brought about by ignorant, foolish parents (and their government). I suppose it’s just the medium.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Gilead, thanks for all your links. This ^ one is perfectly timed for me as it's been a frustrating few days.

Fact: According to all my local pharmacies, the NC Pharmacy Board recently dictated that pharmacies in NC cannot fill prescriptions of Ivermectin or HCQ for covid19...treatment OR prophylaxis.
    I spoke with the NC Pharmacy Board today; they never made such a ruling. So, CVS made it up as an excuse, and Walmart fell in line with CVS. The big corporations want us to get the injections instead.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Our fearless leader Inslee, who exactly one week ago, said he was freezing and considering rolling back some of the progress counties had made through his ridiculous “phased approach”, is now saying we might lift mask mandates IF 70% of the state is vaccinated.

Seattle is, of course fully buying in.

Between the mask hysteria and the male feminist meeting flyers I saw:

I really need to get the fuck out of here.
    Time to come home, John. Mask mandate lifted here in NC today. I doubt Cooper will get re-elected and our Lt Governor Mark Robinson is force for Liberty. Here's how Robinson got famous