starting strength gym
Page 1305 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3058051205125512951303130413051306130713151355140518052305 ... LastLast
Results 13,041 to 13,050 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This one gets its own post: 10 Things We Have Learned During the Covid Coup – OffGuardian

1. Our political system is hopelessly corrupt. Virtually all politicians are hopelessly corrupt. No political party can be trusted. They all can be, and have been, bought.

2. Democracy is a sham. It has been a sham for a very long time. There will never be any real democracy when money and power amount to the same thing.

3. The system will stop at nothing to hold on to its power and, if possible, increase its levels of control and exploitation. It has no scruples. No lie is too outrageous, no hypocrisy too nauseating, no human sacrifice too great.

4. So-called radical movements are usually nothing of the sort. From whatever direction they claim to attack the system, they are just pretending to do so, and serve to channel discontent in directions which are harmless to the power clique and even useful to its agendas.

5. Any “dissident” voice you have ever heard of through corporate media is probably a fake. The system does not hand out free publicity to its actual enemies.

6. Most people in our society are cowards. They will jettison all the fine values and principles which they have been loudly boasting about all their lives merely to avoid the slightest chance of public criticism, inconvenience or even minor financial loss.

7. The mainstream media is nothing but a propaganda machine for the system and those journalists who work for it have sold their sorry souls, placing their (often minimal) writing skills entirely at the disposition of Power.

8. Police are not servants of the public but servants of a powerful and extremely wealthy minority which seeks to control and exploit the public for its own narrow and greedy interests.

9. Scientists cannot be trusted. They will use the hypnotic power of their white coats and authoritative status for the benefit of whoever funds their work and lifestyle. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

10. Progress is a misleading illusion. The “progress” of increasing automisation and industrialisation does not go hand in hand with a progress in the quality of human life, but in fact will “progressively” reduce it to the point of complete extinction.

And here is your media: CBS host confronts Israel's Netanyahu: Are you killing Palestinians as a plot 'to stay in power'? - Alternet.org

CBS host John Dickerson on Sunday pressed Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about his motivations for using disproportional force to kill Palestinian people, including civilians and children.

"You are under investigation for bribery, fraud, breach of trust," Dickerson noted. "You've also had some difficult -- four failed attempts to put together a government in the last 23 months. This leads to the criticism that your current actions are basically an effort to stay in power."

"That's preposterous," Netanyahu insisted before telling a story about a soldier who "died in my arms."

"A few years later, my brother died while leading a rescue mission to release Israeli hostages," he continued. "I've seen comrades fall, I've seen my brother fall. And I think anybody who knows me knows that I've never, ever subordinated security concerns, the life of our soldiers, the life of our citizens for political interests."

"That's just hogwash," Netanyahu added.

"But this is a persistent criticism, Mr. Prime Minister," Dickerson explained.

"It persists because I've been reelected five times," Netanyahu remarked. "It persists because I beat every other candidate."'
    Rip is fat, and he has never coached Olympic weightlifting. It is a persistent criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sunday round-up:

The people who want to keep masking: ‘It’s like an invisibility cloak’ | US news | The Guardian

Francesca, honey, if we can't see your face we're just going to look at your tits. Best to just stay home if eyes bother you this much.

Scientism: America’s State Religion - The American Mind
    The burka is an invisibility cloak too, which many wear voluntarily. Perhaps this professor can now appreciate that diversity.

The timing of all this is definitely something to think about - just like COVID-19 and BLM mania occurred just before the US election. It has come at the precise time when Bibi is under the heaviest attack yet in parliament. As always, this is the classic Israel move of go in hard, antagonize the shit out of the situation, fall back and make the argument "We have a right to defend ourselves!". Also, Hamas itself always seems to do news-worthy things at opportune moments. Maybe it has something to do with Hamas originally being funded/created by Zionists, as a move to weaken Arafat and the PLO. Google Brig. Gen. Yitzhak Segev and find the quotes.

Hamas Israel's own creation | Shlomo Alegra | The Blogs

The bi-partisan issue is an interesting one. The Syrian government needed bombing for defending itself, but somehow Israel always gets a pass - no matter who's in the White House.

Tom, are you suggesting that the US Military under the leadership of Joe Biden is capable of defending Taiwan against China? They couldn't defend Taiwan against Zimbabwe. And China might fire him if we tried...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    ...Thanks. Yeah, it's been fucking rough. Lost my best friend and training partner shortly before the hubby and then shortly after my beloved hound dog died of liver cancer. It's been a messed up year. But you know, what can you do? Be grateful for the good times and embrace the suck....
    The strength of a nation requires people with perserverance and endurance; almost always from the blue collar classes.
    Without that strength, a nation cannot win wars or even maintain itself.
    How can you convince this demographic to fight for a country when the country fights against them?
    Incompetent leadership is more often a sign of the decay of a nation; not the root cause of it.

All of the technological abilities and high-end weaponry in the world cannot win a battle when the nation has no will to prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I think this comes from getting out in the world at arms' length and building up your families and communities. Set a new garden in that foundation. Be active in your local and state governments, because that's your last hope to make the system work. We need a Ron Desantis and Kristi Noem in every office, and you may need to be that for yourself and even by yourself....
    This column is getting some traction: The Republican Party Sucks › American Greatness
    Does anybody still believe the system is fixable from within anymore? (Even if you may believe the voting system may not be rigged by illegal means)
    Great leaders rarely have any desire to participate in a system that demands mediocrity.
    Further, the system as now structured does its utmost to discourage the participation of its strongest statesmen.
    The proper ascendancy to power in a democracy is a group of men waiting in a queue; just don't get out of line, shift blame for mistakes to the shoulders of others and quietly celebrate each "scandal" that removes a man ahead of you.
    A politician who is truely skilled and desires to advocate for the interests of his people stands little chance; he will be harrassed doggedly until he either decides to remove himself from the line.
    If he remains in line, he will, like a strong magnet among weak, attract heavy ire, jealously and bombardment; Eventually, the false, but malicious character assassination will stick in the minds of a public which does not have any means to discern its veritude.
    And thus, he will be removed from competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Does anyone remember the acid rain shit?
    I remember frequent science articles about it when I was in elementrary school and constantly being required to write essays on the topic.
    Every standardized science test would also have questions on it.
    Then, the topic mysteriously had vanished by the time I reached high school.

Quote Originally Posted by strongmonkey View Post
    What a dilemma liberals now face..
    Continuing to wearing a mask no longer signals virtue to others but rather the opposite. It now potentially shows others that you are an unvaccinated, selfish heathen.
    If however the mask comes off due to being vaccinated, how will you virtue signal? or worse, how will you be able to identify your fellow vaccinated from the unvaccinated?

I think a huge portion of the country (and world) likes the masks. It is tribal by nature. A uniform of agreement.
    On the downside, it might also mean that it starts to become harder to spot the bottom 3% from a distance. The mask had its use in some respects.

I realise of course that this now lays way for the equivalent of the golden star to be forced on the unvaccinated.
    Coming to a town near you!
    As someone who will certainly be labelled as a "lib" that certainly you will all "own" through the likely inconsistent and incoherent ramblings to follow, please allow me to explain my views on this issue. Before I address this post (and by no means do I mean to single you out). I don't understand the simultaneous refusal of both masks and vaccines. As people become vaccinated, masks will not be needed. Thankfully we did not have the current populace that we have now when small pox and polio were a thing as if we did those diseases would certainly be with us still today. However, that is a completely different topic.

However, let's get back to the point. As of now I don't care if you don't get a vaccine or if you wear a mask. I have zero desire to protect you from yourself. Vaccines are now readily available and you can pop in to just about any walmart or pharmacy that you choose and get one without an appointment. The choice is now yours. I have personally gotten a vaccine, despite in a low risk group for complications.
    However, I do work with people who are at higher risk of complications if I were to pass the virus off along to them. Therefore I feel personally responsible for both myself as well as them. I have done my part to help protect you (as well as myself), but it is now your turn to protect yourself (if you choose).

If you choose not to protect yourself, please feel free to walk around walmart without a mask. Please attend as many large events without a mask as you choose. That is assuming these private entities allow you to do so. It is their personal right. However, at the same time I would also argue that public schools and universities have the right to protect the health of a child. If you want your child to attend in-person schooling at a public school they should be vaccinated. If you don't want to vaccinate your child, fine. Your options are to then 1) home school your child, 2) have them attend a private school (that might not require the vaccination, but it is their choice), or 3) continue online learning. Same thing with attending a public university. If you want to go back to the classroom, live in the dorm, participate on sports teams you need to get vaccinated. It is your choice not to participate in these ventures if you choose. Same principle in the work place. If you want to go back to work your employer should be able to determine whether or not a vaccine should be required. After all, your refusal can lead to a loss of productivity in the workplace. You should also be required to get a vaccine if your employment requires you to be in contact with high risk populations such as those who work in hospitals, nursing homes, prisons, etc. If you don't want to get the vaccine and you still want to go back to work/school, then you should also have the option to wear a mask if your employer/school requires it. Your choice, your freedom. Just don't expect your choices not to have consequences.

As time goes on more of these unvaccinated people will become exposed to the virus. I hope that you are symptom free and achieve natural immunity. However, if you become sick or ill I personally won't feel responsible. The choice was yours. Much of the protections that have been put in place over the last year to help protect people will be stopped. If your medical bills become too large and you are unable to work, please remember that it was your choice that lead to your home being foreclosed on or why you are now under a mountain of medical debt. It can be treated just like any other illness. Unfortunately it appears that one's politics dictates their beliefs, but if anyone could please show me a Republican policy over the past 20 years that addresses these types of problems I would be shocked.

So by all means, please enjoy your mask-less trips to walmart as you share nodding glances of approval with other mask-less individuals like yourself. I honestly don't care. I wish you well and hope you don't become sick. Just remember that private employers can regulate themselves and require vaccines/masks as they feel fit. Schools/hospitals will certainly require them as well. Just remember that your "personal freedoms" are not being violated and to take personal responsibility for your actions if you do become ill. At this point, you no longer have my sympathy but I can respect your choice (as idiotic as I think it is).

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    The burka is an invisibility cloak too, which many wear voluntarily. Perhaps this professor can now appreciate that diversity.
    That reminds me of an article by Christopher Hitchens I read years ago when France was outlawing the burqa. I went back and read it again with 2020 in mind. Interesting... Considering his article was written in 2010.

French attempts to outlaw the burqa strike a blow for the rights of women.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
    I don't understand the simultaneous refusal of both masks and vaccines. As people become vaccinated, masks will not be needed.
    Neither were or are needed. Masks do not reduce risk of infection. The infection itself is very, very low risk - just like the flu I didn't wear masks for or get vaccines for either. The "vaccines" aren't vaccines, with even their $$$$sellers admitting that they do not provide immunity, have limited potential benefits, ones that aren't very good against viruses and with expectations of rapid decay for any benefit received. The injections have their own risks, ones we have only a small idea of as they are experimental treatments, but the reported injury rate - something always underreported - so far looks like dogshit. Meanwhile, we have good, widely available preventatives and treatments for this very, very low risk illness that most of us have partial immunity to even without having already had, like so many of us already did.

Thankfully we did not have the current populace that we have now when small pox and polio were a thing as if we did those diseases would certainly be with us still today. However, that is a completely different topic.
    This virus has more in common with toe-stubbing than it does smallpox or polio, without even getting into a discussion of how much outside factors had to do with the decrease in those diseases vs the vaccines that were tacked onto the backend, particularly with your latter example. However, that is a completely different topic.

However, let's get back to the point. As of now I don't care if you don't get a vaccine or if you wear a mask.
    Sure you don't, typer sitting there type typing so much because you don't care so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    That reminds me of an article by Christopher Hitchens I read years ago when France was outlawing the burqa. I went back and read it again with 2020 in mind. Interesting... Considering his article was written in 2010.

French attempts to outlaw the burqa strike a blow for the rights of women.
    I vaguely recall that now.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    That's an excellent dream.

I spent a summer working there in my early 20s. This is where I drank beer most nights: The Dockhouse - Beaufort

Who knows...I might just be there sipping beer again when you arrive. I'll be the guy wearing a Toxic Competence Hoodie. BTW, that hoodie proved to be 100% Karen proof over the last year.
    I’m quite familiar with the dockhouse! I’ve spent a great deal of time around eastern NC. But it’s been a while. I desperately hope there are still untouched parts of the US where things are “normal.” My hope is that my home state, in parts, is still one of those.

I’ll keep an eye out for you, and the beer will flow.

(Though I do hate state taxes.)