starting strength gym
Page 131 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 31811211291301311321331411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    CDC director downplays coronavirus models, says death toll will be '''much lower''' than projected - ABC News

Has this been posted yet? It seems they may have already moved to the pat on the back/damage control phase.

Jfsully,

I can’t look up my customer’s address right now. If I remember right he is 25-30 miles east of Boston. I don’t know how big the hospital he works at is. I can ask tomorrow.

Maybe sick people that close to Boston are going all the way in to Boston for care in a bigger hospital, especially if they might need a ventilator. That would make sense. Maybe the outlying cities and towns have less infections (that seems to be the case everywhere and let’s hope it stays that way).

One thing for sure is this virus is acting strange with some places getting far more cases than others. California seems to have less cases than expected. Any ideas what’s going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This really gives credibility to the UN

https://twitter.com/i/events/1246787845760655361
    Related, in case some of you missed it:

YouTube

(WHO response: YouTube )

Any system of government that depends on this level of censorship to thrive is by definition hollow, fragile, and morally corrupt at its core.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Related, in case some of you missed it:

YouTube

(WHO response: YouTube )

Any system of government that depends on this level of censorship to thrive is by definition hollow, fragile, and morally corrupt at its core.
    Speaking of WHO, Thought what Dan Crenshaw said on Rogan's podcast was interesting:

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Bill Gates is one of the Annointed Ones. He knows what's best for you, me, and the rest of America.

His attempt to insert himself into this catastrophe is a pretty blatant move to increase his visibility.
    He’s been sounding the alarm about pandemics for a few years I believe... I seem to recall a Ted Talk or two about it.

That of course doesn’t give him a pass at all...

Won’t the disease resume its virulent spread “travel” restrictions are lifted? If so, won’t the total death count be ~ same?

Unless the majority of the deaths are due to missed care at overburdened hospitals, we’re spitting into the wind.

Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by jklymus View Post
    Speaking of WHO, Thought what Dan Crenshaw said on Rogan's podcast was interesting:

YouTube
    Good!

Further, I think some in the US are getting sensitized to the fact that having our major chip fabs offshore is the achilles heel of our national security. Not to mention our concession of 5G leadership to China with similar implications.

I find the argument compelling that we need another Apollo and/or Manhattan Project level commitment to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post

Maybe sick people that close to Boston are going all the way in to Boston for care in a bigger hospital, especially if they might need a ventilator. That would make sense. Maybe the outlying cities and towns have less infections (that seems to be the case everywhere and let’s hope it stays that way).

One thing for sure is this virus is acting strange with some places getting far more cases than others. California seems to have less cases than expected. Any ideas what’s going on here?
    One thing that might shield the ED is that if you are not sick and show up to the hospital for just for a test, because you are worried or maybe exposed, you are turned away from the ED and sent to a designated testing site. There are several places nearby with literal drive-thru testing, including the hospital parking garage, so you can keep all your germs in your car. Your doctor friend may also have meant that he has personally tested only one person, because the nurses do the actual testing (?).

I don’t think anyone really knows why there is a spread in the distribution of cases, but it does seem clear that densely populated areas are harder hit, as you would expect. There are probably also variations in the quality and timeliness of reporting, since this relies on local facilities and government agencies to collect data and pass it along to states. There will also be randomness to the spread, as it is carried by people, who as we know tend to be disorderly and unpredictable.

WHO has reacting corrupt and poorly throughout this entire ordeal. I think everyone agrees one appropriate response for US would have been shutting down travel from China sometime in January. But at that time WHO was saying everything was fine, don't worry unless you're in China. You can go through WHO's many tweets in January/Febraury to see that. Here is a thread from Jan 30 where they say "There is no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with intl. travel & trade. We call on all countries to implement decisions that are evidence-based & consistent. WHO stands ready to provide advice to any country that is considering which measures to take"-@DrTedros
    https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1222967082733559808

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    Are the jobs coming back? Great question. I don't know and neither do you. That is what it means to be in uncharted waters.
    Actually it is known. Jobs destroyed by events often don't come back. 2008 at is a recent example. A lot of businesses in my area, shut down and never reopened. In a few cases, the buildings are still empty. Sure, folks went and found jobs, but instead of their own business, they found jobs working at Walmart and Papa Johns. In my case, the home contractors had no work, so they had no work for me. As I had no work, I stopped ordering steel. As the steel distributor had lower sales, they laid off workers. Do you see where this is going?