starting strength gym
Page 1346 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3468461246129613361344134513461347134813561396144618462346 ... LastLast
Results 13,451 to 13,460 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Why are so many people who are crossing our boarders illegally, wearing masks?
    They're just trying to fit in.

Meanwhile, the Lab Leak Theory has been resuscitated by a few honest media outlets, and it's going to hard for Facebook/Twitter to control: Gravitas Plus: The Lab Leak Theory - YouTube

And this piece describes the loss of credibility in the public health sector: Performative Pandemic Panic – Reason.com

Perhaps the only saving grace is that, with contradictory and manipulative dictates to the public, officialdom shed its credibility in wholesale lots. Public figures tailored policies and messages with seemingly less regard for the evidence than for herding the population into desired behavior. It's unlikely they'll command sufficient good will to pull such stunts again anytime soon.
    That is an awfully optimistic take on the situation. Barry just pointed out that even illegal aliens are playing along.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Why are so many people who are crossing our boarders illegally, wearing masks?
    They need to work, so they're hedging their bets. They also don't want to get hassled and possibly be discovered as being illegal.

On a similar note, anyone else notice the high percentage of Asians, both from the subcontinent and the far East, that are strongly face diaper wearing still? Our otherwise truly brain-dead governor lifted restrictions on those who have received Saint Fowshee's holy blood indoors, but Indians don't seem to have gotten the hint. Further, we were at a U-pick farm yesterday and every Vietnamese, Chinese, and Korean family was wrapped up tight. One child, maybe less than five, even was sporting one of those pointless face shields. it was 89 degrees at 9:30. Listen, I get there's a cultural component, but, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

And this piece describes the loss of credibility in the public health sector: Performative Pandemic Panic – Reason.com

That is an awfully optimistic take on the situation. Barry just pointed out that even illegal aliens are playing along.
    This may be too optimistic, but do consider the fact that the public mostly went along because they were paid to do so. The general public, of course, not the people making actual money to pay the taxes and shit. It would seem to me that the governments will have to allow for ten to twenty years of people making actual money so they can steal it again during a new pandemic or a similar scare.

On the other hand, as Satch has pointed out, I am the first one who can be accused of being overly optimistic, so we may have more of this shit next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Why is the guy talking about keto in the tweet?
    Ivor Cummins wrote Eat Rich, Live Long. I assume from the wording some of his own crowd fell for the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    It certainly didn't help.

And stuff like that attack isn't helping "race relation" on the other end either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The guy starts off pretty well, but devolves into full-of-shit territory at the end of the video.
    The problem is not as he describes it.

Most people have not heard about woke culture and less than 90% can even tell you what it is. I have heard so many comments in meetings at work that are stupid or wrong, but nobody ever gets cancelled. This is not reality. It is a part of a political narrative.

Talking about woke or cancel (or your favorite the 4 trans gender athletes in US) are bullshit ways to get people distracted from real issues.

The real problem is that there is no serious political discussion.

There are no lack of problems in US. The infrastructure is crumbling, millions of people lack healthcare, the immigration is out of control, the middle class has been losing out for 30 years and the challenges from China are getting no resistance.

There is zero discussion on how to solve the problems. How come the richest country in the world cannot repair potholes or have dysfunctional airports? Even successful people who have an health issue and lose their job cannot insure against the thing they actually need help with? Do you reduce illegal immigration from the southern countries by building a wall or is this idea just a stupidification?

I know from experience that you will write some semi-witty comment to this. I wish you could break from this habit and allow yourself to get into a substantial discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    There are no lack of problems in US. The infrastructure is crumbling, millions of people lack healthcare,
    Let's talk about these democrat favorites. What infrastructure is "crumbling", and who do you know that has been turned away from "health care"?

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    The problem is not as he describes it.

Most people have not heard about woke culture and less than 90% can even tell you what it is. I have heard so many comments in meetings at work that are stupid or wrong, but nobody ever gets cancelled. This is not reality. It is a part of a political narrative.

Talking about woke or cancel (or your favorite the 4 trans gender athletes in US) are bullshit ways to get people distracted from real issues.

The real problem is that there is no serious political discussion.

There are no lack of problems in US. The infrastructure is crumbling, millions of people lack healthcare, the immigration is out of control, the middle class has been losing out for 30 years and the challenges from China are getting no resistance.

There is zero discussion on how to solve the problems. How come the richest country in the world cannot repair potholes or have dysfunctional airports? Even successful people who have an health issue and lose their job cannot insure against the thing they actually need help with? Do you reduce illegal immigration from the southern countries by building a wall or is this idea just a stupidification?

I know from experience that you will write some semi-witty comment to this. I wish you could break from this habit and allow yourself to get into a substantial discussion!
    I guess I'll respond by saying relying on "politicians" to fix these problems might be the problem itself.

starting strength coach development program
    Another sign the dems may be in trouble with one their presumed target client voting sector, hispanics.

Republicans Win Two Texas Mayoral Races, Including One in McAllen, Which is 85 Percent Hispanic - The New York Times