starting strength gym
Page 1349 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3498491249129913391347134813491350135113591399144918492349 ... LastLast
Results 13,481 to 13,490 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's just a thing they say. A mantra. A pithy expression. Because they'd rather not buy the insurance.
    Or let doctors not be overpaid.

Lightbulb Being Detained in Paris/ Covid Vaccine Side Effects

My name is Samir, I'm a 24 year old from Lebanon, and like most people on this thread I have been skeptical of the ruling classes of the world when it comes to this pandemic. I'm no stranger to corruption and dirty politicians, I have basically watched psychotic politicians drive the country I live in to the ground with their incompetence and inconsistent ideals, but the stuff going on today globally with the pandemic is definitely fresh.

My brother lives in an apartment in Paris while he's finishing up his Bachelor's degree, I visit him fairly often but never during the pandemic as I'm sure you're familiar with what the situation in Europe was during 2020. A couple of weeks ago I decided to go there and visit since the restrictions were easing up (yet still harsh: must wear mask in public, curfew at 9:00pm, etc.). One day I was heading outside, and as I stepped outside of the building, three policemen jumped out of a van and proceeded to walk towards me. Never in a million years would I have guessed that these three *ssholes were coming to detain me. The first guy approached me saying "vous n'avez pas de mask?" meaning: do you not have a mask? I showed him my mask, which I had in my hand but didn't put on yet since I just got out the front door. The guy then said something that's equivalent to "yea, well that's not good enough", and then asked for my ID and issued me a fine. And just to be clear, this was outside, on the side walk, in May 2021. At that time restaurants in Paris were open and you were legally "allowed" to take off your mask if you were eating (even reading this sentence makes me giggle), and if you've ever seen what restaurants in Paris look like in Paris, you would know that you're basically sitting right next to the other parties around you. And so, any monkey with common sense would understand that this has nothing to do with health and safety, but has everything to do with politics.

In Lebanon the political and economical situation is seriously grave. After suffering an economic collapse that started in October 2019, just before the pandemic, and a disastrous explosion that tore down the capital, everyone living here began searching for an exit strategy. After hearing that countries in the west would start implementing a "Vaccine Passport", I thought I'd better get that vaccine done in case all hell breaks loose and I needed to bounce. Needless to say, I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on March 23rd, and the second dose April 17th. Three days after the first dose I saw a couple of small blister-like spots on my wrists, at the time I just assumed it was a bug bite or some other random thing. More and more of these papules where appearing on the back of my hand, wrists and ankle area. A month after the second dose, my lower back, feet, shins, arms and thighs were covered in this extremely itchy red rash. The three different dermatologists I visited all agreed that this was Lichen Planus, a non traditional autoimmune disease that has no known cause and no known cure (fun times...), one of them had me do do a biopsy to make sure. The doctors all said I should be on an immuno-suppressant steroid, which obviously has long lasting side effects that could be worse than the disease itself. So I did what any sensible person would do in this situation, I did my own research. When you're faced with a disease that pops up out of nowhere you start to question every move you made since it started, could it be because of my bedsheets?, could it be because of my allergy meds?, could it be diet induced?... I then came across an article that stated Lichen Planus could be triggered by certain drugs, one of them being malaria vaccines. You can guess where I'm going with this. I started searching for people who may have had the same thing happen to them after their Covid Vaccine and to no one other than the doctors' surprise, I found dozens. I remember feeling so naïve; how could I let these people inject what is essentially an experimental drug into my body.

For now, I'm trying my best to avoid taking the steroids, I have drastically limited my diet to only white rice, beef and veal. I can't say with certainty that this is making any difference, however the symptoms have at least stopped getting worse. I do recommend you think deeply at what you are risking before you take the Covid vaccine, be responsible and take this seriously. If you are a 24 year old with no health issues and are in the best shape of your life pressing 200+ pounds (thanks Ray) you have no business injecting yourself with a vaccine for a virus that can barely give you a fever. This is obviously my unprofessional opinion and personal experience, you can go ahead and do whatever you feel is right for you. If anyone is having these symptoms after the Pfizer vaccine or any Covid vaccine, please let me know, I will also update this post if I come to any new findings.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    What is with people that believe health care is a human right? Why do they believe that the hard work and skill set of others is owed to them? This is such a bizarre mindset.
    Millions of people's lives are fully sustained by Western governments. Why wouldn't they believe it? They will believe it right up until the entire system collapses on their heads.

What I wonder is why so many otherwise reasonable conservatives continue to believe multiculturalism will magically work for us when it never has in the past, especially while it's failing right in front of our eyes. Same shit, different bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Here is a coherent Covid narrative:

Quarantine for all = Health care as a human right.

This explains the big three: 1) quarantine healthy and young as well as sick and dying. 2) philosophical divide left and right. Mask wearing as a symbol. 3) How the US which had been debating universal health care, became Europe overnight.

If we want to validate this for accuracy here is a typical Q and A:

Q: Why not use inexpensive, proven, and safe drugs for COVID that do not require complicated health insurance? A: inexpensive and readily available is antithetical to health care as a human right which requires all demographics to receive state of the art medical treatment independent of insurance, preexisting conditions, and lifestyle.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...read_that.html

Despite this massive information flow, what I have not read about is the possibility that combinations of medication, such as a cocktail of HCQ/Ivermectin, Zinc, prohormone D, Vitamin C, and Aspirin, could become the go-to initial treatment for other respiratory viral infections. And I don’t expect that I’ll ever read that considering organized medicine’s disdain for alternative approaches to address health or treat disease since these approaches don’t generate wealth.
    In a nutshell, as they say. But instead of physicians being able to think clearly, and do their jobs well for the benefit of their patients rather than their pharmacy reps, we get this shit:

Medical School at U. Texas Austin Will Focus on ‘Health Equity’ in Curriculum

The need for physicians who understand health inequities and the impact of societal factors like racism has grown acutely clear in the last year, experts say, particularly in light of the murder of George Floyd by police and the disparate impact of COVID-19 on Black and Brown communities…

Increasingly, leaders in academic medicine are rejecting the educational status quo. A passing mention or optional course on these issues is not enough, they say. Instead, they are weaving content and experiences throughout their curricula to significantly boost awareness of social inequities and structural drivers of health.

“In 2018, only 40% of medical schools reported teaching about racial disparities,” notes Lisa Howley, PhD, AAMC senior director of strategic initiatives and partnerships. “Fortunately, a growing number of schools are working more intentionally to become anti-racist, either by creating new courses or expanding or threading new experiences into existing curricula.”
    Wouldn't it be better for them to have more coursework on physiology and pharmacology, and leave the moralizing to the Social Work majors?

Mark,

Here's a letter that needs to be widely distributed:

Open Letter To America - Dr. Steven Hatfill

All meat, no fluff, and filled with footnotes to back up every assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Mark,

Here's a letter that needs to be widely distributed:

Open Letter To America - Dr. Steven Hatfill

All meat, no fluff, and filled with footnotes to back up every assertion.
    He doesn't seem to know about ivermectin.

And let's not forget about the situation in DC.

Chuck Grassley to DOJ: Explain Discrepancy In Application Of Law For BLM/Antifa vs. Capitol Rioters

Grassley is the first Republican I've seen mention this, and the piece itself is better.

FARRELL: If There's No Justice for Ashli Babbitt, There's No Justice in America's Future.

Babbitt was shot by an unidentified law enforcement officer as she was crouched precariously in the framework of a broken interior window in the Capitol Building, located outside the Speaker’s Lobby off the House Floor. Babbitt was killed by the only shot fired that day and was the only documented fatality related directly to law enforcement activity. The identity of the officer who shot Babbitt remains a mystery.

Despite video evidence raising serious questions of excessive force, a Justice Department investigation determined there was insufficient evidence to bring charges against the officer who fired the fatal shot.

The DOJ, employing a strange double-negative phrasing, concluded that the investigation found “no evidence… the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense.”

Babbitt was 35 years old, an Air Force veteran who served in the military police. She was unarmed and not threatening anyone with violence. Had she been given the opportunity to surrender to police, she in all likelihood would have. But a policeman chose not to give her that chance
    New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s claim she is in therapy to deal with the “trauma” she incurred from supposedly being somewhere close to the disturbance speaks less to the riot and more to her unfitness for office. The most significant threat to democracy from January 6 is the way it is being used to extend and expand the five-year Deep State anti-Trump vendetta. Some in Congress seek to use the events of January 6th to effectively criminalize “all-things-Trump.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He doesn't seem to know about ivermectin.
    Perhaps.

His arguments appear to be centered around the HCQ "controversy", and the failure of the responsible governmental parties to adhere to the procedures put in place prior to this "pandemic", as well as the aspects of self-dealing with Remdesivir as an approved therapeutic agent.

My reason for bring this letter to light is the fact that it is a wonderful timeline of the situation as it took place. It's extremely hard to find, or compile such a timeline given the nature of how search engines hide information these days.

Re: Ivermectin / A Compilation of Useful Information

Ann Barnhardt has put together a great tab for all things Ivermectin

NEW MENU BAR DEDICATED PAGE: IVERMECTIN | Barnhardt

I know you don't like to link to other people's webpages, but this might be a place for an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Here is a coherent Covid narrative:

Quarantine for all = Health care as a human right.

This explains the big three: 1) quarantine healthy and young as well as sick and dying. 2) philosophical divide left and right. Mask wearing as a symbol. 3) How the US which had been debating universal health care, became Europe overnight.

If we want to validate this for accuracy here is a typical Q and A:

Q: Why not use inexpensive, proven, and safe drugs for COVID that do not require complicated health insurance? A: inexpensive and readily available is antithetical to health care as a human right which requires all demographics to receive state of the art medical treatment independent of insurance, preexisting conditions, and lifestyle.
    Re: 2) Unless this was only part of the agenda.

Let's not forget:

Men vs women
    Old vs young
    Left vs right
    Race vs race
    Country vs country
    Religion vs religion
    Urban vs rural
    Strong vs weak
    Armed vs unarmed
    Rich vs poor
    And many others, just name the day.

This isn't coincidence. It's the plan to destroy a country. And the media and corporations are complicit in this exercise with government, at all levels.

The narrative is never ending, and anyone who can't see it is still brainwashed by the State Media.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    What I wonder is why so many otherwise reasonable conservatives continue to believe multiculturalism will magically work for us when it never has in the past, especially while it's failing right in front of our eyes. Same shit, different bias.
    Reality has to be in a reasonable proximity for it to stand a chance at it putting a dent into someone's world view.

That is why white liberal women are the blight on policy that they are. Their political worldview runs almost entirely on misguided (and otherwise unused) maternal instincts and being far removed from the recipients or consequences of their political choices.

And between the cucks in their lives and what are essentially politically trans women we get what we've got.