COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1353

starting strength gym
Page 1353 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 353853125313031343135113521353135413551363 ... LastLast
Results 13,521 to 13,530 of 13681

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #13521
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,570

    Default

    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021
    • starting strength seminar december 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Hey, Abbott did a thing! He must be watching poll numbers closely, now.

    If this continues, I may have to reconsider policing the border. And Texas. Rip, what do you think?
    He's trying real hard to save his ass next year. He's basically a pussy, but he may want to be reelected bad enough to do some non-pussy things.

  2. #13522
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He's trying real hard to save his ass next year. He's basically a pussy, but he may want to be reelected bad enough to do some non-pussy things.
    Don't they all??

  3. #13523
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,570

    Default

    Which would you rather have, Gavin Newsome or Abbott?

  4. #13524
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Today, I was literally assaulted by two teenage girls. Maybe they were offended by my Rogue/American Made t-shirt, I don't know.

    As they were throwing rocks at me and giving me the finger, I just kept walking to my old Jeep in disbelief.

    I might be getting older, but I'm still pretty strong, and around 210.

    How the hell do two 100 pound teen girls think they can pull this crap??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Which would you rather have, Gavin Newsome or Abbott?
    Eh, not familiar enough about either, I'll take Kristi...

  5. #13525
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Eh, not familiar enough about either, I'll take Kristi...
    You are the guy who said "All."

  6. #13526
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You are the guy who said "All."
    Yes sir, I did. I guess I thought she might be a ray of hope, she seems sincere.

    But what do I know.

  7. #13527
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You are the guy who said "All."
    In prison with escapees and assaulted by teenage girls. Are we talking trauma? Letís talk .
    Ot are we just fucking around for shits and grins? Being amused at others expense. Iím more patient than most so letís figure this out fairly fast.

  8. #13528
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Yes sir, I did. I guess I thought she might be a ray of hope, she seems sincere.

    But what do I know.
    You're not familiar with either Gavin Newsome or Greg Abbott, yet you ask "Aren't they all?" Might be time for you to read more and type less. Take a few days off to catch up.

    _____________________________________

    Somebody posted this earlier, and it has the potential to fuck lots of people up very badly, so again: If You Sell a House These Days, the Buyer Might Be a Pension Fund - WSJ

  9. #13529
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    That's because you're projecting your thought process onto others. Most people are idiots and they need to be herded. You don't need to convince them of anything. In fact they cannot be rationally convinced of anything. If the good guys refuse to herd people because of delusions about everyone's rational individuality, someone else will, and that someone else will win.
    And this is why Iím no longer a libertarian. Two years ago I wouldíve disagreed with you. I now believe you are not only correct in this premise, but wise as well.

  10. #13530
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    That's because you're projecting your thought process onto others. Most people are idiots and they need to be herded. You don't need to convince them of anything. In fact they cannot be rationally convinced of anything. If the good guys refuse to herd people because of delusions about everyone's rational individuality, someone else will, and that someone else will win.


    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I believe the term is "crony capitalism" my friend.
    The no true free market fallacy is no different than the no true socialism fallacy.

    Both groups argue that something that doe not and cannot exist would work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The most heavily regulated economic sector in the US, and in the rest of the first world, is the financial services sector. Only the pharmaceutical industry comes close. Surely you are aware of this, so why argue with me about it?
    I asked for evidence...rhetorically, of course...because I know it doesn't exist.

    You claim that something that doesn't exist (free markets) would have prevented a problem that actually does exist.

    Just because these industries have corrupt and/or overbearing government regulations doesn't mean that lack of any regulation at all would not lead to similar, if not the very same problem.

    Free markets (which don't exist) not causing a particular problem doesn't = Free markets (which don't exist) could prevent or cure it.

    That is not some logical given. It's a logical fallacy.

    There is no historical example of where the free market prevented the super rich from monopolizing anything they wished.

    And it doesn't matter if it is China's government or Chinese Millionaires who buys all those houses and drive up the prices on paper because they are the same people running things. Just like here.

    There is no free market answer to China (or anyone else) buying up properties and driving up prices to create a world full of renters. Anyone who could possible "compete" with them will create the same problem. Names on the deeds will be the only difference.

    The government regulation/free market dichotomy is a false one. It is as ludicrous as the democracy/freedom link. Both free markets and democracy are used tools to become the the government powers. And then they pull the ladder up behind themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Today, I was literally assaulted by two teenage girls. Maybe they were offended by my Rogue/American Made t-shirt, I don't know.

    As they were throwing rocks at me and giving me the finger, I just kept walking to my old Jeep in disbelief.

    I might be getting older, but I'm still pretty strong, and around 210.

    How the hell do two 100 pound teen girls think they can pull this crap??
    Experience. That's how.

    They got away with it, right?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •