starting strength gym
Page 1359 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3598591259130913491357135813591360136113691409145918592359 ... LastLast
Results 13,581 to 13,590 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You also voluntarily moved from California to Illinois -- from and to two of the biggest leftist shitholes in the country. An outside observer might deduce that you aren't very conservative at all. But keep voting for conservatives, if that makes you feel empowered.
    But there may still be pockets of resistance in these leftie shit holes:
    Baltimore businesses threatening to withhold tax payments amid violence, ‘lawlessness’ | Fox Business

Baltimore businesses threatening to withhold tax payments amid violence, ‘lawlessness’

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    The US defense budget was 0.7 T out of $6.5T of congressional spending in 2020. Around 10%.

You are conflating discretionary spending with mandatory spending. Discretionary spending is defense, environment, education, etc. Mandatory spending is Obama care, Medicare, social security, Covid emergency, etc.

You can argue $700B is too much. A lot of people here agree. We point this out every few months, the only difference is your point (and the
    intentional misrepresentation) becomes increasingly irrelevant as spending goes up.
    I would argue that it's not enough,but that there is a tremendous amount of waste and inefficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    David cannot beat Goliath through the free market.

Again: How does the free market fix this?
    But there's no real Goliath without the government. Government, paid for by Goliath, sets up rules that help Goliath stay Goliath. You only get amassed control when you involve something that has the reach of a government.

I also think you are missing a key difference in some people's value systems. No government can be "good". Government is a (necessary?) evil and should be thought of that way. You limit the damage an evil can do by limiting its size and reach. You automatically know to keep an eye on something that's evil. You approach things that the evil thing "wants" to do with a skeptical eye. Thinking of government as good leads to trusting it, letting it into your life, looking to it for solutions, etc. All of which just feeds its already substantial power. Government, the imposition of group will on individuals, is never a good thing. A necessary thing sometimes, maybe, but never good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Jonas I do not see a clearly enunciated thought here but thanks for bringing up military spending.

This thought has brewed in my mind for awhile and do with many former military on this board, I want to ask:
    Is our military spending advantage overstated due to our higher personnel (salary and everything else) costs?

We all know that labor is MUCH cheaper in Russia and China, so I wonder what the spending comparisons look like when we strip out how much more we pay our military members compared to, for example, nuclear-armed Russia. On a steel-to-steel, brass and primer to brass and primer level, are we really outspending the others by that much? Another reason to ditch the Saudis and pick up the Russkies as allies.
    I cannot answer your question and I am not trying to discuss the military spending. My point is that if or when an enemy can sink a US aircraft carrier, it will significantly redraw the playing field. Sweden has proven that it has the ability to sink a US aircraft carrier. However, Sweden is friendly to US and this class of submarine does not have the reach to carry out such a mission. It would be possible to apply the technology in a different form or shape.

I just think it is cool that a small nation can develop such a relatively cheap and effective technology.

I do not argue about the spending at all.

I was just trying to put the achievement of the Swedish submarine into context. The Swedish military budget is about $4 billion. Their submarine sunk the USS Ronald Reagan on multiple occasions. This happened during friendly exercises and by sinking I mean that they showed that they were close enough so that they potentially could have sunken the carrier had they had the weaponry which they did not.

An aircraft carrier is not just a big boat with an airfield. It is the most sophisticated defense system ever made with a large fleet of ships with specific tasks that travel along the carrier. There are multiple helicopters with sonars out there at all times looking for submarines. The anti torpedo or missile defense is as advanced as it gets.

The usefulness of the carriers goes from military power world dominance to close to zero as soon as someone figure out how to sink these ships.

Luckily for US only Sweden can do it so far.

US has a defense budget of $800 billion and the largest chunk of that is spent on the airforce (and that orange maniac directed some of that to the space force).

The staple of the airforce is the General Dynamics F-16.

I have a few friends that tell me that during NATO exercises in Europe the F-16 has met an opponent that it cannot match. The F-16 loses 10 out of 10 dogfights and when comparing air-to-surface mission it is also outperformed.

The opponent is the JAS 39 Gripen made by Saab. Sweden's defense budget is $4 billion.

How can a Swedish fighter jet be better than anything coming out of US?

The answer is ingenuity!

4K | "Brachial Gripen Display" - SAF at LSMF-Mollis Air Show | Zigermeet | 08.2019 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    I feel slighted that you did not include my leftie shithole of Massachusetts. A state where my vote will never count.
    Hurling didn't voluntarily move to Massachusetts.

This right here: New York Times Reports Andrew Weissmann and Robert Mueller Sought, Then Hid, Special Counsel Surveillance of Trump White House Attorney Don McGhan - The Last Refuge

may be the worst news in a while. I have said that the entirety of federal law enforcement is now the SA, working for the Party. The NYT can try to spin this all they want, but this little fact:

Apple told Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel to former President Donald J. Trump, last month that the Justice Department had subpoenaed information about an account that belonged to him in February 2018, and that the government barred the company from telling him at the time, according to two people briefed on the matter
    cannot mean but one thing, and you know what it is. The Democrat party was using the law enforcement bureaucracy to surveil the President of the United States. Absent a whole bunch of dead people, we're done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    It's not the business -- it's the people. Think about who ranchers are. Their relationship with the government, the way they try to pass on their ranches down the family line. They are exactly the kind of independently minded people that the social engineers like Gates want gone. And their presence reaches far beyond their own ranches. They keep other like minded folks in business. They remind us of our roots and that we don't need the government. They remind us of what America used to mean. They are a way of life as well as a rallying point. Crushing them does so much more than shift how we buy food.

Seems to me like manipulating the beef prices the way the corporations are doing is a way to get beef production out of the hands of those ranchers and into the hands of the social engineers and the best thing we can do is to put our money with the ranchers and farmers. Buy as directly as we can. Directly from the farmers and let them make that money.
    One of the most important things for social engineers is to do away with the free peasantry and the industrial workers. We can expect more of this globally.

Let me encourage you to read this, just so you can explore the depths of the cravenness of the Public Heath establishment: Dr. Meryl Nass Discovers Hydroxychloroquine Experiments Were Designed to Kill COVID Patients – How Many Were Murdered? - Vaccine Impact

You are numbers to them, and that is all. And if they prove their political points by killing you, this makes it very clear that they will. Donald Trump advocated hydroxychloroquin, we hate Donald Trump, so we will kill you with hydroxychloroquin. The survivors will learn from this, and you will be made to agree.

Donald Trump advocated hydroxychloroquin, we hate Donald Trump, so we will kill you with hydroxychloroquin. The survivors will learn from this, and you will be made to agree.
    There seem to be potentially much more serious indications of hcq, up to the point of affecting cancer cells. I am not sure the smear campaign was designed to go against Trump, it may very well be he was just used so that the media will get a huge boner against the drug.

Still waiting for Shiva to dive into this. I got a buddy just like him who has read thousands of pages of reports on hcq and is considering writing a book.

starting strength coach development program
    Let me encourage you to read this, just so you can explore the depths of the cravenness of the Public Heath establishment: Dr. Meryl Nass Discovers Hydroxychloroquine Experiments Were Designed to Kill COVID Patients – How Many Were Murdered? - Vaccine Impact

You are numbers to them, and that is all. And if they prove their political points by killing you, this makes it very clear that they will. Donald Trump advocated hydroxychloroquin, we hate Donald Trump, so we will kill you with hydroxychloroquin. The survivors will learn from this, and you will be made to agree.
    Hating Donald Trump was not the primary reason. They had to discredit all alternative treatments in order to launch the real, global bioweapon under emergency authorization: the "vaccines". The "virus" is benign compared to these injections. The data is in. Now it's just a matter of time.

Check this post in 3 to 5 years and let's see how it ages. They will claim the mysterious illnesses/deaths are another variant, but we now know better. Brave scientists are now screaming to anyone who will listen. Imagine the fury of the masses when they figure out what's been done to them.

---

and for those who are cursed with unquenchable curiosity (aka intelligence) and have time on their hands: The Highwire - PFIZER VP: “THE THING TO BE TERRIFIED OF IS YOUR GOVERNMENT”