starting strength gym
Page 1370 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3708701270132013601368136913701371137213801420147018702370 ... LastLast
Results 13,691 to 13,700 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Of course it has. That's one of those options in the middle I mentioned. What do you think we should have done to protect Grandma while having no effect on anyone else?
    We treat her prophylactically with ivermectin, vitamin D, and zinc sulfate, and hydroxychloroquine if necessary. We keep her out of the hospital, by whatever means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    David, I think I am the John you are referring to (b/c of the Seattle comment) but I have no idea what you mean. I agree with you and agree with nearly everything you’ve posted on this board.

I am in the extreme of anti mask and anti lockdown. I also think seattle blows.
    Fair enough. Perhaps I misunderstood, which is entirely within my wheelhouse. Carry on smartly, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We treat her prophylactically with ivermectin, vitamin D, and zinc sulfate, and hydroxychloroquine if necessary. We keep her out of the hospital, by whatever means necessary.
    I've not seen convincing data that this is much more than the "good luck" we spoke of already. I know there are plenty of people willing to share anecdotes, but certainly not enough evidence to rely on this as the primary means of protection for an entire segment of the population while transmission goes uninterrupted for the rest of the population.

Even if it did work, it wasn't something that was on the radar at the beginning of all this. In this case it's kind of like saying that we should've vaccinated everyone instead of trying to limit transmission through non pharmaceutical interventions.

Of course it has. That's one of those options in the middle I mentioned. What do you think we should have done to protect Grandma while having no effect on anyone else?
    This has been discussed a lot on this thread. Nursing homes should have been quarantined, not our high school kids. Older folks not in nursing homes should have been told to stay home and be careful, not 30-60yos. And if they wanted to assume the risk, they could.

The real crime, also posted here is that so many died ALONE, and family was unable to properly say goodbye. I said before here, if that had happened to me, it would have had a negative generational impact on my family. The ones who implemented this will have to answer for that one day, and it won't be pretty.

I've not seen convincing data that this is much more than the "good luck" we spoke of already. I know there are plenty of people willing to share anecdotes, but certainly not enough evidence to rely on this as the primary means of protection for an entire segment of the population while transmission goes uninterrupted for the rest of the population.

Even if it did work, it wasn't something that was on the radar at the beginning of all this. In this case it's kind of like saying that we should've vaccinated everyone instead of trying to limit transmission through non pharmaceutical interventions.
    Are you just not bothering to read or what? And it was in public discussion at least as far back to May 2020 so absolutely on the radar in clinical and research settings well before then. Antiviral and immune modulating effects of both ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine had been out there for quite some time, for decades. It's not surprising to see benefits of oral admin of ivermectin for covid prevention and early treatment given its fecal/oral transmission, especially in places like India.

Please keep in mind that what was being done was to do nothing, no formal treatment, until people were really bad off. Nothing. Fully retarded.

As I am not fully retarded or so stupid to depend on the corrupt and compromised and herd-mentality modern medical industry, people who absolutely don't give a wet hammer about me, increasing stores of ivermectin was a first half 2020 thing.

You do realize that the institutions of the medical industry were the big vector in making people who were close to death already get sick? So the actions were a combination of doing nothing for the general population and spreading infection to the most compromised, while ignoring or doing the exact opposite of everything known over the last century plus about viral epidemics. Full retard. Made a bunch of money though.

Not to mention you could always sit outside on the porch and sip sweet tea with her in the sun during the next pandemic or endemic threat. Go for a walk in the sunlight. Give her a hug before she goes back in. Actually, now I think it casts a dark light on how we treat the elderly, anyway. Perhaps those in nursing care, especially hospice, should get a garden instead of a TV in a community room to sit in. I've often thought about visiting those in the homes here, but I wouldn't be able to get through the prison-esque front doors to see them, anyhow.

An article from Peter Attia from June 2, going into the 2019 v 2020 deaths. If COVID is indirectly responsible for the excess deaths of ~160k, due to health care "disruptions", I guess those deaths/lives didn't matter all that much.

Also, his discussion on Diabetes (specifically co-morbidities)....wouldn't the same discussion need to happen for COVID deaths? How many co-morbidities were in those people? Should they be factored in, or looked at with the same questionable eye?

Was COVID-19 the only culprit behind the extraordinary increase in deaths last year? - Peter Attia

The right answer was to protect Grandma and leave everybody else alone. That hadn't occurred to you?
    It is too obvious. Too simple. Academia, the media, and the intellectual class cannot mentally process simple logic.

Amazing. You are completely unfamiliar with the topic. I think you must be an evil Hospital Administrator.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Can anyone point to a single thing that the Biden Administration has handled correctly?

What Sort of Degenerate Is Biden? in [Market-Ticker]

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Understood and I believe very well established.

Do we know if the demographic known as the “dying anyway” lost time on earth because of Covid in a statistically significant way?

It's a grim topic but if matters greatly in understanding the lessons of the response.
    If I am not mistaken, I think Proffesor Michael Levitt has looked into these calculations. Similarly check out Ethical Skeptic, sounds like a topic he would have looked into. There are more of these smart guys in the interwebs, but I think this is a good starting place.

You could start by speaking or at least listening to the Great Barrington proffesors Great Barrington Declaration | . Part of DeSantis policy was influenced by some of them.