starting strength gym
Page 1374 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 3748741274132413641372137313741375137613841424147418742374 ... LastLast
Results 13,731 to 13,740 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post

For most viruses, we do not know the relative contributions of aerosols, respiratory drops, and surfaces. These are actually very difficult and expensive studies to do. Because most folks believe that we've already sorted this stuff out it's also very difficult to get these studies funded.
    In inflated and inefficient government dollars, I could study the relative contribution of virus transmission modes of every known and all the likely variants for less than $6,000,000,000,000.

I would throw in mask efficacy, to include wearing habits and the sociology of compliance, for a few grad student thesis projects, at no extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    the disease in question doesn't actually kill anybody who is not already dying.
    A wonderful guy I worked with and traveled around the world with Adam Schlesinger - Wikipediawas not dying of anything, and was not even sick, died with COVID-19.

He's the only person I personally know who died with it, but it does give me pause.
    He was a smoker when I knew him, so maybe that was a factor. Maybe the intubation/ventilator or other aspects of the treatment were a factor.

But undoubtably, and statistically the chances of dying from it are miniscule.
    Shuttering businesses and forcing people out of work has been a complete atrocity. Banning evictions has been an assault on property rights, and a deliberate step towards Marxism.
    Those who want to avoid exposure may have an idea of how to do that.
    I'm not interested in taking an experimental "vaccine" for something I can avoid catching, and which is 99.9% survivable.

Because I'm not vaccinated a bar here required me to wear a mask while traveling from the front door (the front door is an open garage bay door) to to the stool at a bar table, whereupon I could take it off, (and still be at eye level with everyone walking by). While my friend who is vaccinated had his vaccine picture on his phone scanned. There was a temperature check and contact tracing where we had to enter our phone numbers and email address.
    Meanwhile they tell us that those who are "vaccinated" can still catch and spread the virus.

The amount of pseudo-science is appalling.

You need to move, John.

You need to move, John.
    That's no lie.
    I sometimes forget what a shithole this place can be until I visit other parts of the country.
    When I was young it seemed so full of fun, excitement, and opportunity.
    Now that I'm old and jaded and detest the lies of Liberalism I'm ready to bail.

Why Has "Ivermectin" Become a Dirty Word? - TK News by Matt Taibbi

Why has ivermectin become a dirty word? Because of Michael Grantham and his colleagues.

It's hard to believe that this is a serious post. The only thing I've done here is to say that I don't believe that there is sufficient evidence that prophylaxis with these drugs is an effective approach to protecting populations that are at risk for severe disease and that there certainly was not evidence to rely on prophylaxis with this (or any other drug or combination of drugs) as the sole approach to protect those populations. (i.e. prophylaxis for Grandma and leave everyone else alone)

I'm perfectly fine with folks saying I'm wrong. That's the way things like this work. I'm fine with folks posting evidence that they think shows that I'm wrong. I'm happy to read it. It may or may not change my opinion, but I'm still happy to read it.

However, you've got a lot of work to do if you're going to connect me to social media censorship, drug companies, or anything of the sort. If you have evidence of this, I'm happy to read that as well.

These are all very important questions that have not been answered yet. In fact, influenza is about the only one that we have some of these data for.
    The most important question should be, “why are we making extreme public policies when we haven’t the slightest clue about the answers to these very important questions?”

You need to move, John.
    I took my son to see some live jazz. We approached the front door and there was a large sign saying “we require masks.” I turned to him and told him sorry and turned around. We got around the corner of the building and someone stuck their head out the window and said. “Hey, they aren’t enforcing it, it’s ok!” So I told my son, “ we can go in but if someone confronts us, we are leaving. We went in and nobody said anything. We enjoyed some live music. I later spoke to both an employee and the owner. According to the employee, they are hurting for staff. The owner was clearly worried about his business. This was their first time hosting live music and he was surprised at the turnout and hopeful going forward. He was encouraging us to come back for their weekly jazz and open jam sessions. I didn’t feel the need to say anything about the mask issue, neither the owner nor I was wearing one. My takeaway was that reality is a better teacher than anything I could say.

Pierre Kory, MD MPA
    @PierreKory
    Where the &#%!? is the major media? A historic, landmark paper identifies the real “game changer” drug in Covid.. and… they dutifully keep censoring. Memo to media: the agencies are CAPTURED. They JUST #%$! gave Pharma over 4B to… invent a new ivermectin. WTF. DO YOUR JOB.
    https://twitter.com/PierreKory/statu...780316678?s=19
    A Cochrane-standard (=highest) review and meta-analysis of Ivermectin against Covid-19 by Bryant-Lawrie, now peer-reviewed and published, concludes that the evidence justify the global adoption.

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/Abstract/9000/Ivermectin_for_Prevention_and_Treatment_of.98040.a spx https://twitter.com/Covid19Crusher/status/1406294534158434309/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/Covid19Crusher/s...158434309?s=19

I don't know, and it's just not interesting since the disease in question doesn't actually kill anybody who is not already dying. It's all over now, except for the power handed to the government by people made afraid by Virologists.
    The actual virus was over by last May. The entirety of the fall and winter season was getting scared people all over the world into the hospital to be “treated” with the, let me be magnanimous here, dubious WHO protocols. The best thing a normal person can go for now is to make sure we keep our infirm relatives out of the infection wards in the next three years. Let the virologists ponder the minutiae of aerosol transmission and shit.

starting strength coach development program
    There was a relatively profound misunderstanding of how this virus transmitted at the beginning of this pandemic, and that was rooted in misunderstandings in the medical community that go back decades.

I'm not aware of a respiratory virus that transmits primarily by contact with surfaces. For most viruses, we do not know the relative contributions of aerosols, respiratory drops, and surfaces. These are actually very difficult and expensive studies to do. Because most folks believe that we've already sorted this stuff out it's also very difficult to get these studies funded.
    You see... This kind of proves my point. If Fauci actually stood up and said, "Scientifically, we don't know precisely how it spreads, but common sense dictates that the primary transmission vector is in the air," at least he'd have the faintest hint of being able to exercise and advise on common sense. We don't even have to debate the deadliness of COVID-19, since the approach he took was the same in all aspects of this situation: Don't advise on common sense, but rather, what incomplete science, mired in analysis paralysis, currently says. The panic and fear was stoked, in large part, by every nation's Anthony Fauci refusing to use common sense.