starting strength gym
Page 1381 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 3818811281133113711379138013811382138313911431148118812381 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,810 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Button View Post
    I can't speak for Australia, but everything is pretty damn OK in New Zealand. Daily life and freedoms effectively reflect pre-COVID conditions, with only relatively minor exceptions.
    You guys are allowed out of your houses now? Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You guys are allowed out of your houses now? Excellent.
    I think you're confusing us with Australia (I wasn't sure what you meant when you wrote "Australia/New Zealand"). NZ went into lock-down a couple times last year, but never had the kind of house arrest type shit that parts of Australia experienced.

Since about August last year, we've been living a largely normal life. Some people wear masks on public transport, but that's about it. Restaurants, cinemas, stores, everything's pretty much as it was. We're damned lucky, actually.

Australia is insignificant on the world stage, I get that, but it appears to be an ideal future case study of (probably) how not to handle a pandemic. Surrounded by a moat, it has 6 states and 2 territories, and given the size of land mass compared to how few people live here, it's currently possible to ignore a lot of the BS going on in the most populous states of NSW, Victoria and Queensland if you don't live there.

Even though I live far from those states and if I don't turn on the tv or computer, life appears normal, the Clown who holds power in my corner of Oz, if given the opportunity, will do exactly the same thing (hysteria, police brutality, fascism), because he's an idiot with no balls.

One of many things I find weird is that no one here seems to be willing to explain what the endgame is, when logic suggests we're simply delaying the inevitable, presumably on the deluded hope that Big Pharma will save us all.

I imagine there is likely to come a point in the not too distant future, when the borders must open and, shortly after, it will dawn on those who have taken the vaccines that they don't work very well, or at least not as advertised. No doubt this will be twisted into a narrative that different needles are required, with boosters and continued withholding of our (imaginary) freedoms.

If that unfolds, and I really hope it doesn't, I'm curious how long it will take for the average Dazza and Shazza to realise we should have just let it play out naturally, while protecting the most vulnerable.

Not sure what point I'm unsuccessfully trying to make other than I have this constant feeling of dread that all roads lead to misery and pain.

A blue pill might come in handy at some point.

I don't think either Australia or NZ are insignificant. They illustrate what fear in a population that previously regarded themselves as free will do for perceived safety and security. Both countries are terribly significant to the rest of us as leading indicators. This is far from over.

I think you're confusing us with Australia (I wasn't sure what you meant when you wrote "Australia/New Zealand"). NZ went into lock-down a couple times last year, but never had the kind of house arrest type shit that parts of Australia experienced.

Since about August last year, we've been living a largely normal life. Some people wear masks on public transport, but that's about it. Restaurants, cinemas, stores, everything's pretty much as it was. We're damned lucky, actually.
    New Zealanders living a "normal life", ha! Fush and Chups to you.

Gosh, wal, I just don't know!!
    Mark you have over 1300 pages devoted to this subject, somewhere in that lot the truth must lie. Or should I say lay?

Let us repeat the class by dr. Giesecke with regard to the “largely normal lives” down under: Swedish scientist Johan Giesecke asks Australia how it plans to lift its lockdowns - YouTube

wal is just playing the dumb old man. How'd you like to live Australia/New Zealand and have to pretend that everything is okay?
    I have been pretending everything is OK since I got married so I have had plenty of practice. However it was better when we had a decent lock-down, no cold's, no flu and best of all no visiting in-laws. Mark you just need to go with the flow. It is like strength training, when the plates get too heavy, you just drill some more holes in them.

I can't speak for Australia, but everything is pretty damn OK in New Zealand. Daily life and freedoms effectively reflect pre-COVID conditions, with only relatively minor exceptions.
    The reason it is "damn good" over there is that most of you Kiwis are over here on the dole. So head out to the wops and have a beer out of your chilli bin.

starting strength coach development program
    You don't get it? We talked about this last year: this never goes away. It's too useful.

You're right, Rip. I said it too, that these things never go away, just like we still have the full-body, naked-body-seeing scanners in airports, we check and undress EVERYBODY at security, even grandma, rather than using common-sense and profiling, and the Dept of Ed is with us forever. I had been hopeful with the Great Reset that there were pockets of sanity remaining throughout the world, especially since Russia doesn't buy into the other Disastrous Darlings of the Billionaire class and communists, like BLM, LGBTQABCDEF, non-assimilatory immigration, single-motherhood adoration, etc. But, alas.

Today's updates are that students & restaurant retail workers have two extra weeks to get injected, and children will be able to enter restaurants without a QR-code if accompanied by a Zombie-parent who provides the QR code.

Oh, and today Putin's press secretary, Peskov, announced that workers can simply find new employment if they don't want to comply with the illegal vaccine work mandates. So, viola! Implement NewSpeak and employment and medical privacy discrimination is no longer discrimination.
    (Really, really curious what went down at that meeting between slow Joe and Vlad the murderer!)

You see, they test this stuff out first in the MSM before implementing it, and I'm sure the same is done stateside, but for some reason our fellow Americans fall in line instead of being outraged when the new psy-op step is tested in the media first. It's so stupid, if EVERYONE on the plane or in the Walmart refused to wear the mask, enforcement would be impossible! You know, like how all the BLM protesters got away with looting because so many of them participated in it. Instead, all us lAw-aBiDeRs fall in line, like dogs on leashes. And we call the behavior of the BLM movement, like that murderer of the Puerto-Rican white supremacists in Chicago, animal-like? We need to look in the mirror.

Lol, and just now while typing this up, Yandex news posted an update that employers must fire the non-zombie employees, or risk fines or being shut down for three months. In Russia that's how they got around making too many new laws; these orders are enough because they put the enforcement onus on businesses under the threat of fines. How is enforcement of the unlawful orders handled on your circuit board within the Matrix?

All of these measures are just experiments on a petri dish, and, WAKE UP, *WE* are the bacteria. They want to see how far they can push or inject us until our cell walls burst.

Anyway, pay attention, these QR-codes are going to be used to protect the State from all the prolific forged medical certificates that can be obtained throughout Russia. So our hopes from a few months ago about getting fake vaccine cards are probably a dead end.

I think my next phone must be a dumb phone, no matter how inconvenient it will be for work purposes. I gotta try to wean myself off the Matrix, if only incrementally.

Stay sane, stick to your morals and principles, and stay strong!