COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1392

starting strength gym
Page 1392 of 2388 FirstFirst ... 392892129213421382139013911392139313941402144214921892 ... LastLast
Results 13,911 to 13,920 of 23876

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #13911
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,610

    Default

    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    It doesn't seem to be her first time, so maybe there's precedent for something to be done: Olympian Gwen Berry knows the athlete'''s voice isn'''t always welcomed | CBC Sports
    Such amazing courage! To get the free trip and get all the swag and free publicity for her book tour, acting career, the late night shows, and the money it will generate -- she's a remarkable woman.

  2. #13912
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    The starting premise of Critical Race Theory, or anti-whiteness, is that white supremacy is everywhere... if you then ask what that means, you are confirming the hypothesis because only a white supremacist would deny the "fact" of white supremacy.

    This guy sums it up beautifully: The Weak Conservative Response To CRT - YouTube
    REFUTING CRITICAL RACE THEORY
    Please Wait... | Cloudflare

  3. #13913
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Your argument is simply that the imposition of a police state has been done according to the laws. This is very true, and New Zealand is far from being the only country in which this has happened. The major difference at this point is that hardly anybody not from the Anglo-Pacific is pretending to live normal lives.
    No, that is not my point. If may return the approach and straw man you in return, your argument is simply that:
    • There have been restrictions on freedom of movement
    • Police can be used to enforce laws
    • Police have access to weapons
    • Therefore police state


    Under that approach, any state that has police with powers of arrest and access to a weapon is a police state. Arresting and imprisoning anyone for a crime restricts their freedom of movement.

    Also under that approach, any state that restricts access to any government property (say a military base, or the offices of any government department) is a police state.

    If that is your definition, then yes New Zealand (and every other country) is a police state.

    My actual argument is:
    • Freedom of movement is not an absolute right
    • Duly elected and/or empowered people have been through a process to determine the appropriate balance of freedom of movement vs other rights and (perceived) risks and imposed varying levels of temporary restrictions
    • The vast majority of the populace agrees the measures are reasonable (i.e. not extreme)
    • There has not been extreme police action to enforce infringements against the temporary restrictions
    • The temporary restrictions have been reduced/removed as the situation changes
    • The are legal ways to challenge the temporary restrictions through the courts, and the courts findings have been carried out


    The only region of NZ with restrictions at the moment is Wellington. While a number of measures are encouraged there, the only legal restrictions are on gatherings of over 100 people and the requirement to wear masks on public transport. In addition, every business is required to display a QR code or have another method of recording people that visit, but there is no legal obligation on people to use either of those (or course the shop owner may require it as a condition of entry to their property).

    Where I live, I have no legal restrictions placed on me by the Government in relation to Covid. I can choose to go to wellington if I want to.

  4. #13914
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    So if I fly somewhere - I have to get tested for Covid within 3 days of the flight. Then again before I get on a flight to come back? Then theoretically again when I get back? For domestic flights? This is the world we live in now? Mandatory testing for a virus I have zero symptoms of and probably already had? I may have to drive
    I don't know what US domestic policy is. But when I fly from Israel to Poland and back I need to do a test. Poland accepts Israeli vaccines and if you're not vaccinated you need to take a test on arrival in Poland. When coming back into Israel you need to do a test even if you are vaccinated. If I were to fly from Israel to the US I would need to take a test.

  5. #13915
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,610

    Default

    What happens if the test is positive?

  6. #13916
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,702

    Default

    Ok so no test needed for Domestic. Yet. Hope it stays that way. I predicted this would happen with the stupid masks. Probably not everywhere in society but in places like airports or whatever. Everyone has been conditioned for so long that "masks are good" without any supporting evidence - that it will just be customary at airports soon. Like taking off your shoes at security

  7. #13917
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What happens if the test is positive?
    Hasn't happened to me so far. But if I not mistaken you need to quarantine for the designated time period for that country. Israel was 14 days but I think it is 10 now. Poland I think is 7 days. Don't hold me by those numbers, I could be wrong about the specific days but that's the ball park amount.

  8. #13918
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius123 View Post
    Domestic flights do not require proof of a negative COVID test, but the traveler is required to mask up during the entire journey (enforcement is reduced in paid airline clubs and in the toilets), regardless of whether they are vaccinated.
    International flight rules depend on the country of transit/destination, but the traveler will need a negative COVID test prior to boarding for the return journey to the USA (rapid antigen test usually available at airports for ~$20 USD with results in 30 min).
    Abu Dhabi approves use of EDE scanners to detect COVID-19 infections
    The scanning system is said to be able to detect a possible COVID-19 infection by measuring electromagnetic waves which change when the RNA particles of the virus are present in the body, therefore providing an immediate result. (WAM)
    Dr Peter Moloney Foundation - Canada - twitter
    The EDE scanning system detects "possible" C19 infection by measuring "electromagnetic waves" which change when the RNA particles of the virus are present in the body.

    So... if Magneto used in gene-jab then EMF "emissions" are measurable in vax-in-nated.
    Perhaps we'll see airport scanners that will detect the deplorable un-vaccinated class?

  9. #13919
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Perhaps we'll see airport scanners that will detect the deplorable un-vaccinated class?
    These things sound like a recipe for shittons of false positives. Probably false negatives, too. All sorts of things can interfere with "electromagnetic waves".

  10. #13920
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,610

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Abu Dhabi is not known for their science department.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •