starting strength gym
Page 1418 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4189181318136814081416141714181419142014281468151819182418 ... LastLast
Results 14,171 to 14,180 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    More math: Just 25 Under 18’s Died From COVID in England, Hundreds Died From Suicide and Trauma – Summit News

And we are vaccinating them... why? We are masking them... why? We are refusing to teach them... why?
    This is what is frustrating to me. My mom has bought into the fear campaign. I don’t have a problem with that except she keeps pushing the vaccine on us. That I do have a problem with. She pushes it on my wife and my wife changes the subject. I recently had lunch with her and she brought it up with regards to my kids and said something like “well the schools may require it next year.” To which I replied that the schools can’t require a vaccine that is not FDA approved. She didn’t know that the scheduled conclusion of FDA trials is in 2023 also she says shit like, “you get polio vaccines and all the other vaccines.” But here is where she is wrong. I don’t get all other vaccines and neither do my kids. My kids have never gotten a flu shot and I have had maybe 4-5 flu shots. This argument that if you don’t get this vaccine means you are anti vax fucking pisses me off. 1) this virus has already been in my household. Therefore I and my family are NATURALLY IMMUNIZED. 2) my kids are; as far as I have seen from the data, at greater risk from this vaccine than from the virus since there have been ZERO deaths in my children’s age group in my state. There have been deaths in my children’s age group from the vaccine my state, including in my city of ~300k people, a young girl. 3) this notion that you should just take all vaccines also pisses me off. I recently read that there is an HIV vaccine in trials. Next time my mom brings this shit up I am going to ask her if she (a mid 70’s married woman) is getting the HIV vaccine and if she has gotten the HPV vaccine. She better say yes if she is going to be consistent with her arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post

The null hypothesis is that post-vaccine deaths are completely incidental. Over short time periods, they should be uniformly distributed.
    Of course, a death is more likely to be reported after 1 day than after 1 or 2 weeks. But I doubt the reporting probability drops by 50% after just 24 hours.

In any case, a few thousand deaths is small compared to the number of vaccinations.
    I understand the null hypothesis. I’m not clear on reporting time . Is it a medically driven thing or administratively driven (or politically driven)?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I understand the null hypothesis. I’m not clear on reporting time . Is it a medically driven thing or administratively driven (or politically driven)?
    Neither - the time delay is between treatment and death. However, the provider determines whether sequelae merit a VAERS report. A death 2 weeks after vaccination is less likely to be reported than a death 2 hours afterwards. This can explain some of the non-uniformity - but probably not all of it.

The COVID-19 numbers: The undeniable math of Covid… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Dr. Grantham?
    What would these numbers need to be to justify interventions targeted at interrupting chains of transmission?

Several times higher. Several. These numbers are trivial, as you know, from a statistical standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    What would these numbers need to be to justify interventions targeted at interrupting chains of transmission?
    It’s also interesting to ask what these numbers would need to be to NOT have intervention.

As we’ve discussed since the first day, the “ better safe than sorry” threshold for action is a baseless goal and is the antithesis of policy “following the science”.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Several times higher. Several. These numbers are trivial, as you know, from a statistical standpoint.
    Bill Gates says "Hold my Beer, Rip"

This is technocratic "Central Planning" and they view us as "Maze Runners".

Interesting quote from the movie, Maze Runner: "You aren't like the others. You're curious". I wonder what happens to the curious rats in our non-fictional maze?

(I didn't make it very far into that movie, so not necessarily recommending it)

starting strength coach development program
    Not directly related to the pseudo-vaccine, but watching this Dr. Bro have a toddleresque temper tantrum is pretty hilarious. Trust the emotions of the experts!