starting strength gym
Page 142 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 42921321401411421431441521922426421142 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is the type of stuff that makes more nervous than getting the virus... The slope is getting very very slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Dr. Jensen received a 7-page document coaching him to fill out death certificates with a COVID-19 diagnosis without a lab test confirming the diagnosis."[/I]
    More of this same bullshit, Rip? What is so difficult to understand about my previous posts?

In that That 7-page document, the passage generating the bullshit controversy:
    In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate as “probable” or “presumed.”
    What you do not understand, is that "probable COVID-19" does not get coded as U07.1, per the official ICD-10-CM guidelines:
    If the provider documents "suspected," "possible," "probable," or “inconclusive” COVID- 19, do not assign code U07.1. Assign a code(s) explaining the reason for encounter (such as fever) or Z20.828, Contact with and (suspected) exposure to other viral communicable diseases
    U07.1 is what the CDC counts.

In the concrete examples at the end of the 7-page document, there are no ICD codes, but the rules are followed nonetheless. Every non-probable COVID-19 diagnosis is accompanied by a positive test.

This is really good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Hey Rip,

I just had a bummer conversation with the driver who delivers aluminum (on a semi) to us. I asked him about deliveries and he told me his stops are down by half and purchases by those who he does stop at are down by half as well. Everyone only buys what they absolutely HAVE to have. His truck is usually stacked heavy with aluminum from Alcoa, Kaiser, and Norsk Hydro. There were only a few deliveries of aluminum on his truck after us. He said there are very few manufacturers that are still buying. If half the companies are buying compared to before--and they are only buying 1/2 of what they did before--that has to be somewhere in the neighborhood of approaching a 75% (have to make a best-guess here) reduction in metal volume sales by one of the largest metal distributors in the country (at least in our neck of the woods).

He just kept shaking his head, "Everyone is hurting. It's hit everyone. Everyone is hurting...Everyone is hurting."

I don't think people understand how difficult this ship is to turn around. Scaring buyers is easy. They can shut off purchases on a dime. Gaining confidence to take on risk takes a long, long time to return.

Holy hell. We are in for a rough ride.

this might be far too simple for most of you guys to understand, but I'm gonna link it: YouTube

Linking articles about a police state and individual actions may, I repeat MAY, be as accurate as the articles saying 50MM people will die from the coronavirus. Don't ever know the full, and true story.

Just MO.

What I’m worried about, and I’m sure others have pointed out in this thread already, is how will this shutdown affect investing going forward with the prescient that is being made? I can’t imagine anyone feeling comfortable with any investment knowing the possibility of another shutdown in the fall, along with possible shut downs for any other upcoming pandemics. I’m by far most discouraged by the sheer willingness people have towards giving up their own freedoms, and even worse, forcing others to give theirs up. The shit Cody said above makes me fucking sick, and the fact that I see Facebook posts of people being celebrated for shouting down people at grocery stores without masks, or mowing lawns just shows how manipulated the population has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hanson View Post
    Blaine County Idaho, infection rate is 2,025 per 100,000 population (7 people per square mile)
    The Bronx, NYC, infection rate (highest of NYC boroughs) is 2,273 per 100,000 population (35,000 people per square mile)
    I assume this is a joke to demonstrate how a weak misrepresent amount of data could get skewed to say anything....
    First off, those numbers are positive tests numbers.
    Depends who testing who and why and when and where?
    The number of actual infections might be all over the place.

There's only 22,000 people in Blaine County.
    There's like 5 deaths.
    1 death for every 4,400 Blaine
    vs. 1:1,700 in NYC

Even with this, congratulations, you found an outlier.

Time to look for the economic opportunities. When the forest burns down, there is plenty of sunlight for new trees to grow.

Where are the biggest economic opportunities?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    this might be far too simple for most of you guys to understand, but I'm gonna link it: YouTube
    Looks pretty long. Can you give us a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Linking articles about a police state and individual actions may, I repeat MAY, be as accurate as the articles saying 50MM people will die from the coronavirus. Don't ever know the full, and true story.

Just MO.
    I wonder what the REAL story is behind the cops arresting a guy in front of his daughter in an empty park? Was he selling drugs? Pimping out the little girl?