starting strength gym
Page 1444 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 4449441344139414341442144314441445144614541494154419442444 ... LastLast
Results 14,431 to 14,440 of 30184

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm sorry, Rip. From the bottom of my heart: I love you guys. There's not a but after that one, either. Even those who are abrasive or I vehemently disagree with. I am thankful the internet has allowed this level of interaction, but I'd like to sit down and have a beer or sweet tea with any one of you. It was a long day today. It's what I signed up for. Maybe I'm wrong, and there's probably no stopping what's coming... but I still feel this urge to try and hold back the mountain from falling.

You guys are more important than you realize, I think. I'd go to war with any of you, but I hope we just get to settle for that sweet tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "Online platforms" like this one. That's how they'll do it.
    No doubt in my mind that you are correct. Makes me think back to the internet in the 90’s and how vastly different it has become. If you would have told me this is what the internet and the country would like like back then I would have called you nuts. Yet here we are.

Not looking to give them excuses, but the VAERS input page is (probably intentionally) a head fork - maybe someone at the CDC just used it incorrectly. If you pick "Death" symptoms in question two, it spits out 6127. If you leave 2 as "all symptoms" and put death in section 5, you get 11,405.

If you haven't seen it already, this website is a lot easier on the brain and makes everything clear.

This graph tells a story.

If there was an arrogance contest among Australia's motley assortment of health ministers, NSW's Brad Hazzard would be the undisputed winner. Despite his demonstrably poor knowledge of COVID-19 and vaccination science, he talks with the assuredness of a modern-day prophet. If journalists dare challenge his self-perceived wisdom, he quickly loses his temper and goes all Jesus-in-the-Temple on their blasphemous souls.

When Hazzard took the mic at a press conference last Tuesday, he proceeded to give what may have been his most bizarre performance yet. He ranted about anti-vaxxers, repeatedly insisted they live in a parallel universe, and blatantly lied about the options for dealing with COVID-19. It truly was a sight to behold.

Anthony Colpo typed up a detailed letter to Hazzard, asking why he carries on the way he does, and reminding him that pretty much everything he has said about COVID-19 is nonsense.

The letter can be read in full here:

Dear Brad Hazzard: Why Do You Spout So Much COVID Nonsense? – Anthony Colpo

Quote Originally Posted by admartz View Post
    Seems to me that natural evolutionary processes are a simpler explanation than an international conspiracy between multiple governments, the CDC, the WHO, the Lancet, and NJEM to fabricate a SARS-CoV-2 variant before vaccination starts in case they need to cover up low vaccination rates in the future. Especially considering mutations significant enough to evade immunity from vaccination either pose no fitness cost to the virus or, in the case of Delta, actually improve the fitness of the virus.

I especially dislike conspiracy theories that require hyper-competence on the part of the government in order to execute the conspiracy in the first place or hide it afterwords.
    Doesn’t seem to me like you need to be terribly competent, you just need to fabricate some numbers and gene sequences on the go. The reasoning is this - if you are having a spike in cases starting in countries with supposedly very high vaccination rates, from Chile to Cyprus, the logical conclusion would be that you don’t have as many cases or as many vaccinations or that the vaccines were never as efficient in the first place. The vaccine evading properties of a strain of virus seem very science fiction to me. But I might just be a conspiracy theorist, why not.

I did some background checking and I think anything published by JB Classen should be considered suspect. Notice his first few references are self-references. A quick read of the website he maintains for "Classen Immunotherapies, Inc" is replete with vaccine related nonsense, going back 25 years. There are enough genuine concerns with covid vaccine safety without his nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Clarify this. It seems you are saying that the "Delta Variant" is more virulent.
    The Delta variant does appear to be more transmissible.

Serial intervals observed in SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2 variant cases | medRxiv

Viral infection and transmission in a large well-traced outbreak caused by the Delta SARS-CoV-2 variant - nCoV-2019 Genomic Epidemiology - Virological

There are claims being made that it is more deadly too but since some 80% of cases in the US are from this variant and deaths continue to fall I doubt this will turn out to be true.

Johns Hopkins Doctor Blasts Delta Variant 'Fearmongering,' Calls More Masking 'Overkill' by Scott Morefield

Additionally the authorities are claiming preliminary data show the Delta variant can evade natural immunity but can not evade the immunity provided by vaccines. Considering their near refusal to track breakthrough cases among vaccinated people in the USA I think it's obvious why the data might appear to say this.

The Delta Variant and Vaccine Effectiveness - CDA

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    This is the ‘new normal’ they keep talking about.
    It is. And they either don't know or they don't care.

Everyone get ready. Experts suggest masks arent sufficiently protective against COVID because it's an "oculotropic" virus. They're talking about the importance of eye protection now too.

DEFINE_ME