starting strength gym
Page 146 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 46961361441451461471481561962466461146 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Michigan stay-at-home order now bans visits to friends, relatives, governor says | Fox News

Better question: How does Kentucky and Philadelphia and every other jurisdiction in the world find people who are willing to be cops that will function as Jack-Booted Thugs? And how does a society devolve into a collection of snitches in 6 weeks? Were we ever actually free?
    I think that the allure of virtually unchecked power that comes with both the gun and badge will ensure that the nation's power-hungry governors will have no shortage of Gestapo for the foreseeable future.

And how does a society devolve into a collection of snitches in 6 weeks? Were we ever actually free?
    Most people are snitches. The only free people in the US right now are top level politicians (people who can't be snitched on) and people who live in the middle of nowhere (people with nobody around to snitch on them).

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    It was not pointed at you. It wasn't pointed at anyone specifically. My only point was that I do not take specific, singular media reports at face value. I assume they are misrepresenting the truth in any article they write.
    And you are right to do so. But what have we learned about the government?

And you are right to do so. But what have we learned about the government?
    That they are a bunch of lying sacks of shit that only care about holding power and getting re-elected. They will abuse that power, sometimes with noble purposes, and many times without noble purpose. I choose the believe the Michigan Governor is acting in a way she feels is going to save many lives. She might, but there are many...maybe more...lives that will be damaged by this too.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the highest levels of government don't have people who are looking at this critically...how is it possible that a Justin Hart (on twitter) has (possibly) solved the issue of models sucking ass, or people on the Starting Strength Message Board, yet no one in the white house has told the President/VP/Fauci this?

I also don't see how this all ends...on May 1? What's the difference between April 30 and May 1?

(PS - please don't forget about my post on the other board re: squat vs DL....much more important than this)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    The provisional death count webpage still cites the old March 24th document, which indeed proposes to include "likely" cases in U07.1, and conflicts with the final implementation on April 1. The text on the page simply seems out of date. The page is obviously grappling with shifting definitions - U07.1 didn't even *exist* until mid March, so how are there U07.1 deaths tabulated before then? What I've been talking about, is how the reporting works from April 1st onwards.

U07.1 does not include "likely" cases - that is made clear in the ICD guideline. However, there is definitely remaining sloppiness in the NVSS webpage. I inquired about it, and I'll let you know what they say.
    Thanks, let us know what you learn.

Also found this, which supports the idea that U07.1 is reserved for only lab confirmed cases.

An emergency ICD-10 code of ‘U07.1 COVID-19, virus identified’ is assigned to a disease diagnosis of COVID-19 confirmed by laboratory testing.

An emergency ICD-10 code of ‘U07.2 COVID-19, virus not identified’ is assigned to a clinical or epidemiological diagnosis of COVID-19 where laboratory confirmation is inconclusive or not available.

Both U07.1 and U07.2 may be used for mortality coding as cause of death
    That last line suggests that the WHO is lumping lab tested and suspected into the same bucket (which isn't necessarily a problem, but important to know).

Quote Originally Posted by Batbat View Post
    Most people are snitches. The only free people in the US right now are top level politicians (people who can't be snitched on) and people who live in the middle of nowhere (people with nobody around to snitch on them).
    No such place, as I have discovered lately. I live so far South in Illinois I am almost in Kentucky (thank God NOT with that governor of theirs). There are 17 counties in this region with a mere 330,000 people in all of them. Very rural for the most part and some counties having less than 6,000 people. There are more deer in those counties.

I ran the numbers of cases and deaths for those 330,000 people and a few days ago there were 91 cases of this Kung Flu pandademic and 3 deaths. There is only one person the age was given for and she was 91, may she RIP. The % of cases and deaths are in the multi decimal points of percentages.

Given all this, local FB groups have their fair share of finger wagging weenies telling people to act like sheep and stay in their pens. Trust me, the wanna-be Stasi informers are here too, and this region has only one blue county.

Currently there is less human activity but the same number of law enforcers. I don’t know if crime is up or down during this period of total house arrest, but certain crimes must be down, like speeding tickets, bar fights, home robberies, etc.

Is there an incentive for police to stay relevant by continuing to make arrests and give citations?

Default They are already GPS tracking us and soon they will be INDIVIDUALLY GPS tracking us

To see that we are complying with stay at home orders

I love how were always criticizing the Chinese and yet we do they EXACT same shit...the only difference is they do it and tell their people they are doing it..and we do it and lie about doing it...and they have no homelessness, drug addiction,etc.....

If someone is so worried they are gonna die from the virus , stay home, stay in your room, stay under your bed..you have my blessing...why cant I take my chance...its my body I should be able to determine if I am willing to risk it..the government can still inform and educate

and how fast the adopted stay at home orders it was frightening....BAM

Probably the vast majority of deaths were sarcopenic

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You’re totally right.
    Come on, Jovan, that response isn't any fun and we both know I am not completely right.

For example, I should have at very least recognized that Dalio is a great economic mind and has presented some well-reasoned theories.

Even though I often disagree, many of your postings are interesting and presented intellectually enough that I appreciate them.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    That last line suggests that the WHO is lumping lab tested and suspected into the same bucket (which isn't necessarily a problem, but important to know).
    U07.2 is part of ICD-10 but not (yet) ICD-10-CM; the US follows the latter. From what I can tell, U07.2 groups all the “likely / suspected / ...” COVID-19 diagnoses, unlike the US guidelines, in which they are assigned disparate codes based on the specific presentation of symptoms.