starting strength gym
Page 1470 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4709701370142014601468146914701471147214801520157019702470 ... LastLast
Results 14,691 to 14,700 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    CDC COVID Data Tracker

Filter by deaths and age.
    The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    In irregular warfare, I suppose this is what a Navy Seal looks like:

VCSB - Jamie Haynes Questions Patricia Boswell Department of Health in Volusia County
    Heck of an argument made in here. Glad to see a school board approaching this with common sense.

Had my first visit w/ a new doctor today for an annual physical. He got bit condescending when I told him I didn't want a covid shot, gave me the vibe he's the type of guy to go home and write a snarky comment about his "crazy, anti-vaxxer patient" on twitter. When I told him I have not been sick this entire time and didn't feel like messing w/ what's not broken w/ an emergency vaccine that is known to cause some side effects and doesn't even entirely prevent transmission of the virus he gave me the ole seat belt analogy. You know it's like driving a car and not wearing a seat belt. You might never be in an accident but you still wear the belt because it will mitigate harm and maybe save your life. Actually, I wear a belt because it's the law not because I'm afraid of driving without one. And it's only a good analogy if the seat belt concept had not been fully approved yet, the risks weren't fully understood, and the seat belt could cause paralysis, strokes, blood clots, and heart inflammation. Guess I have to find another new doctor but that search is probably pointless, they are all goofy leftists now. Part of my prescribed bloodwork is to check for covid antibodies, I bet I already had the stupid thing and now have natural immunity anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Texan View Post
    I work for a children's hospital in DFW. Im in IT and work 100% remote. Just received the get vaxxed or get fired email.
    Sucks man. I dunno if any lawyers are out there fighting this shit, unfortunately most lawyers are lefties. This forced vaccine shit is going to be something tough to deal with when it comes to finding work (as if that wasn't already difficult enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I think you mean “sprawling.”

You folks keep talking about BJJ like we’re going to pull guard in a street fight. Real academies train self defense, along with competition sparring. This involves a lot of stand up technique, judo takedowns, catch wrestling takedowns, take down defense, jiu jitsu with weapon control, situational awareness, etc. You get really good at self defense when you drill self defense techniques and actually spar jiu jitsu as well. Most importantly, the mind becomes trained to handle physical confrontation without losing your shit.

This isn’t about rolling around on the ground with your oh-so-vulnerable duty belt exposed. It’s about controlling the situation and doing it with the poise and confidence of someone who trains. It’s going to take a real big, strong motherfucker to put a well trained BJJ practitioner on the ground or get a hold of their weapon.
    You missed the point, entirely. I've done some BJJ, traditional Take Kwon Do (kicking), a few years of Krav Maga, SPEAR, and more prac app hours in the Marine Corps than I can count actually wrestling and beating the crap out of each other. Go put a heavy duty belt on and try to do shit on sub-optimal surfaces. Try to roll over a full-sized duty holster on that side. Bonus points: wear body armor and do it in 98 degree weather in high humidity on blacktop.

I get it: learn body mechanics, be proficient, and get used to actually taking and giving. I have. Which is why if someone charges me during an incident they're getting elbows, knees and a throw before being handcuffed. Then they can sit in jail, after the EMTs clear them, and think about their decisions. Being stupid gets painful.

There's also a social and time aspect with street fights (which is what happens). You have to finish the fight quickly, or you risk having to fight half the apartment complex when you're already losing. I don't like to fight... which is why I prefer to "quickly correct" one drunk bastard IF he decides to fight the police rather than get in a donniebrook in the parking lot that involves the whole shift and half the residents. Plus, you may not know this about violent criminals: if you whoop their ass they'll respect you next time. And so will everyone else on the block and in the jail/prison who hears about it. Not fear -- respect.

Police work with felons and criminals every day, and while they lie and manipulate as easy as they breathe... it helps to have that kind of familiarity with them. I've had people I've arrested help me with other cases, already. It's one thing to be a meth head. It's another thing to drag your girlfriend around by the hair and beat the shit out of her.

But, sure... keep waving the "do more BJJ and stuff!" magic wand over the situation. Let me know how that goes when you go to do an a bar and the guy's boils rupture and get blood and pus on everything and everyone.

CDC Quietly Deletes 6,000 COVID Vaccine Deaths From Its CDC Website Total in One Day — Caught by Internet Sleuths

CDC Quietly Deletes 6,000 COVID Vaccine Deaths From Its CDC Website Total in One Day -- Caught by Internet Sleuths (VIDEO)

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post
    What's with this board's staunch defense of our military spending? I believe in peace through strength and protecting our wealth, but Jonas' "arguments" can be dismantled without bolstering the idea that we need to police the world. As evidenced in the many conflicts the US has engaged in around the world, there is a strong defender's advantage, monetarily and militarily. Why not pull back and strengthen our defense? Do we really need our fingers in every pie? Do you believe that we're safer than if we had spent the same or less while from abstaining from endless wars around the world?
    The reference I made to defense spending had nothing to do with "policing the world". The packet-switched network that was developed to facilitate military communication during an overwhelming attack on the US mainland (e.g, nuclear war) is the technology that is the foundation of the Internet. So, I found it ironic that a person benefitting from his Internet use (to post on this board) would state that the US "defense industry is creating nothing".

Here is the forthcoming RCT of a 3rd booster shot for elderly adults in nursing homes. Of course, it's not powered to detect adverse side effects. More curious is the use of avaxim (Hepatitis A vaccine) as a placebo. It's not routinely administered to this cohort. I've never seen it used as a placebo. It doesn't represent the real-world alternative of avoiding a 3rd dose. But, as an active agent, it will make the control and treatment groups look more similar in convenient ways.

The judge in the Houston lawsuit: "The judge said that if Bridges doesn't want a vaccine, she can work elsewhere, likening it to refusing an assignment or other work requirement."

Except every organization in DFW utilizing the multi million dollar medical record system I'm certified in has now put this policy in place. So no, cunt, I cant go work elsewhere.

Here's another tid bit from the experts. In a recent quarterly town hall from the hospital, the chief of the infectious disease dept stated that there had been ZERO flu cases in Dallas this last flu season. His explanation? Masks work! Are you fucking kidding me? If masks have eradicated a disease that kills thousands EVERY YEAR and costs millions if not billions in hospitalizations, vaccines, and doctor visits, then why has this slow the spread bullshit not been put to use in this millennium?

Not to mention that there is no mandatory vaccine required for patient visitors who actually step foot in the facility. Can't do that, that'd drive away business and cause outrage amongst families. But we can make sure the guy in IT who reads his morning emails while taking a dump in his bathrobe while in his own home, must go get his jab.

Ill finish with this...the news press release today was coordinated with another children's hospital in the area. Zero affiliation, same restrictions, same timelines. Both have had employees jump ship from one org to the other and vice versa, specifically in my line of work.

Burn it all down

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Texan View Post
    Here's another tidbit from the experts. In a recent quarterly town hall from the hospital, the chief of the infectious disease dept stated that there had been ZERO flu cases in Dallas this last flu season. His explanation? Masks work!
    What kind of stupid do you have to be to believe this? Seriously, at this point they are insulting our intelligence to measure the effect.

And by extension, this will be the goddamndest thing you watch this month: Tucker Carlson opening statement from Budapest… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS