starting strength gym
Page 1472 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4729721372142214621470147114721473147414821522157219722472 ... LastLast
Results 14,711 to 14,720 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post
    To Jovan's point, yes, war obviously makes money for some, but it's more akin to weath redistribution than creation. I'll check out your book recommendation.
    Wealth redistribution from the rest of the world to Wall Street. The argument though is that American citizens don’t lose money on wars even in the medium term. But this is a long ass argument which has to do with monetary policy, and people don’t like to even think about monetary matters. If they do, they select a prepackaged argument conforming to their imagined political position.

What I am trying to point out is that monetary policy is the very world we live in, at least since 1971 when the current credit cycle began. As Arthur Jensen would say, “It is the international system of currency that determines the totality of life on this planet”.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyD View Post
    Long time lurker here. I've been following this thread for months now. Thanks guys for the back and forth debate here with links to back up your positions. I'm a Kalifornia refugee now living in the red part of Southern Oregon, the part that wants to secede to Idaho because they are fed up with Portland and Salem. I lived in Kali for 70 years. It was heartbreaking to watch it turn in to such a cesspool. My question now is when does the shooting start? I've never owned a gun but I'm seriously considering it now. Doubt that I would ever shoot it in anger but it would be a comfort to have just in case even if it was just for the intimidation factor. A long long time ago I was a long haired hippie just trying to stay out of the governments sight. Seems like history is yet again repeating itself with so many people turning their back on a government that has lost sight of the fact that the government is here for us not the other way around.
    Owning, training with and maintaining firearms is the easy part. My advice is this: make sure you come to terms with yourself on how you will handle a self defense situation. I see it as doing something horrible to prevent something far worse. It's not glorious, but it might be necessary. When that moment comes you'd better have your fundamentals down and your mind made up, or you will run the risk of freezing. That would be fatal.

Get something proven and good quality. Mossberg, Glock, etc. up front. Nothing fancy -- you're just getting into it. Have something reliable, shoot it enough to know it's reliable, and then get your fundamentals down. You can always go with something else later as supply and your finances accommodate. Also, go with something common. 5.56mm, .308 WIN, 9mm, 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post

I can picture Jonas chuckling about our love for the military-industrial complex when the reality is far more nuanced.

I do think any incremental progress we can make towards spreading Truth is valuable.
    The Constitution, article 1, section 8, does require the legislator to provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States.

That much is very clear, and factually true, but the Jonas types of the world believe it means whatever they want it to mean. They chose to live in make believe. Make reality fit their beliefs. It’s called irrational.

Landlord buys house.
    Landlord rents house to tenant.
    Tenant stops paying rent.
    Landlord exhausts savings paying mortgage and taxes to avoid foreclosure.
    A/C breaks down.
    Landlord cannot pay.
    Landlord now sued by non-paying tenants for breach of implied covenant of habitability.
    What a great country.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Are you taking the jab or finding another job? I feel like everyone who has an employer will face this dilemma sooner rather than later. The main problem with quitting will be be finding a job that DOESN'T require it.
    Long time reader, first time poster...this thread has been fascinating for me to read over the last year. Thanks.

I am amazed that we are actually to this point. And not only in the private sector, but also in the public sector. I work as a fire captain in the cesspool known as California. We (firemen) fall under healthcare providers, so the county in which I work is about to mandate that all health care providers get the vaccine, or they can no longer work as healthcare providers. I am close to retirement (and thus a quick escape from the bullshit that is this state) so forcing this sort of thing on me (the vaccine) is not a giant concern because I could just retire earlier than I wanted and get the fuck out...but, 90% of the department is not in the same situation...and most feel similar to me regarding a forced vaccine (that is untested over time, not FDA approved, etc, etc) My wife works for a school district, and they are prepared to do the same to her...what in the actual fuck...

The most disturbing part of all this is how people just go right along with whatever the "general concensus" is when it comes to the "news." We have lost friends over this because we are not vaccinated, and we question what is going on. Oh, and by the way, I had the dreaded virus over Xmas...and survived...I couldn't taste my coffee for a few days, and I was more tired than normal for about 96 hours, and that was it...

I don't really have a point to this post, I guess I am just venting. One of the earlier posts asked "when does the shooting start?" I have been wondering that for the past month. I have never been one to jump right to the answer of violence, but this government overreach and unelected officials that are fucking this country really need to go away...I probably shouldn't say that, the gestapo will be at my door as soon as I hit 'post.' Just kidding...

Turn off your TV, put on a movie...Iron Man is more realistic than what the mainstream media is flapping about.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    And this is only going to lead to increased rent for people who actually fucking pay theirs as landlords try to make up for losses on eviction-immune freeloaders. Great.
    Hmmm. Sounds familiar. Anyone remember the ACA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Has the Supreme Court been disbanded? If Rochelle Walensky appoints herself President for Life, what happens?
    If no consequences come of this, then effectively, yes, the supreme court is disbanded. It can rule all it wants, if its rulings mean nothing, it does not actually exist as a government institution. It becomes even less relevant than the Roman Imperial Senate. I also forgot to add that this will also likely lead to smaller time landlords having to sell their properties off to recuperate losses. And there's Blackrock circling around, just waiting to snatch them up and corner the market further. The middle class needs to wise up, we are being methodically exterminated by our leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And once again, the facts, although interesting, are irrelevant: CDC COVID Data Tracker
    I think the fifth graph is easily the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Gonna watch Idiocracy tonight to better understand the world I find myself.
    At least the people of idiocracy didn't bend over and take it from their government. They were stupid as hell and extremely lazy, but they weren't cowards.

Rumor from the military is potential “administrative separation” if the vaccine is refused.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    I have seen conflicting reports regarding the isolation of SARS COV 2. Some say we do have it and some say we don't. Can some please clarify this. And if it is, how can this be varified?

The man in the interview apparently won his court case on the premise that SARS COV 2 is not isolated and does not exist Freedom Fighter Court VICTORY! Ends Masking, Shots, Quarantine in Alberta!
    This same thing happened in April, 2021 in Ireland...if memory serves. The Irish government's response was similarly "we don't have proof the virus exists".

But, as Rip has pointed out, facts are interesting but they have no effect; Ireland and Canada continue forward with the identical agenda.

Just to review, we explored this question earlier, and here is Shiva's response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Various SARS-Cov-2 isolates can be obtained, free of charge, from BEI Resources Web Portal > Home. They are presented in host cells, as is necessary for viral replication.
    and you pointed me to an interesting video/interview leading to this summary of how one proves a virus is the cause of a specified disease:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    And, Ellison explains that we answer that question using Koch's Postulates.

Koch’s Postulates:
    1. Every case of the disease has to be actively infected with the virus.
    2. You must be able to isolate the virus.
    3. You must manifest the pathology in an animal with the isolated virus
    4. (If #3 fails,) Neutralize the disease in a human using the antibodies for the virus.
    I'm not convinced Koch's postulates have been met, but when you bring this question up with experts, they laugh it off. So, I must be wrong...so wrong that it's funny.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Wealth redistribution from the rest of the world to Wall Street. The argument though is that American citizens don’t lose money on wars even in the medium term. But this is a long ass argument which has to do with monetary policy, and people don’t like to even think about monetary matters. If they do, they select a prepackaged argument conforming to their imagined political position.

What I am trying to point out is that monetary policy is the very world we live in, at least since 1971 when the current credit cycle began. As Arthur Jensen would say, “It is the international system of currency that determines the totality of life on this planet”.
    Leaving sound money behind certainly gave our overlords a lot of flexibility in their assertion of power and control. Unfortunately for most, the medium term may be coming to a close. As long as we're throwing around recommendations, you might enjoy Neal Stephenson's work of historical fiction, "The Baroque Cycle". It provides some swashbuckling insights into the the origins of modern currency and the collapse of empires via debasement.