starting strength gym
Page 1484 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 4849841384143414741482148314841485148614941534158419842484 ... LastLast
Results 14,831 to 14,840 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We are watching an evil thing unfold, the likes of which has never happened before. Pay attention.

Spoiler alert: Nazi Germany - Wikipedia

Rip you rightfully call people out on still using Twitter& Facebook but then link to these Pravda pros?

Be a little more careful; Wikipedia needs click suppression punishment just as much as the rest.

Did you understand my point? Good. I thought so. I actually use Wikipedia all the time for references to non-political shit. They seem to understand that Nazi Germany evolved from circumstances similar to ours now.

And to think, very recently some people jumped all over David Rowe’s suggestion to be prepared. I wonder where they stand now? Any changes of minds in that camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Thanks. I put it on the list. We are working hard to patch our outdated programming so that we can join The Borg.
    Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    If you can't be bothered to stand up for yourself why should someone else risk their job to do it for you? Jesus hillbilly christ, ya'll grow a pair already. If I can do this shit ya'll can.
    While it may feel good to give in to emotions, fighting toe-to-toe is not always the best course of action. Read some Sun Tzu if you have trouble understanding this.

From the Israel data: קורונה - לוח בקרה

The first two graphs (I used language translate)

cv.jpg

Does anyone know what active patients mean? Is it hospital admitted covid patients or just covid positive in the general population?

There seem to be three tiers on the page: active, difficult, and seriously ill ?

Between 16-60, it seems unvaccinated are getting infected at 1.5x rate as the fully vaccinated folks, which should make the concept of vaccine passports useless.

Is there similar data of vaccinated vs infections/hospitalisations out of the UK? If so, where is it available?

On another note: the recent heart attacks of Jay Pickett and Bob Odenkirk - vaccine related?
    Bob seems reasonably fit, he has said in interviews that he trained for Nobody, and he has kept the training up.

Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    Between 16-60, it seems unvaccinated are getting infected at 1.5x rate as the fully vaccinated folks, which should make the concept of vaccine passports useless.
    I should have added: provided, viral shedding is comparable between the two, which seems to be the case for Delta.

Thank you for the reply. A follow up...

If we don't use age dependent death rates for our message board conversation for the vaccine, I don't think we should for the actual disease... Although I know death rate is highly dependent on age. The lower death rate should be the case for both getting the disease AND getting the vaccine, right? Are those rates comparable?

Can you please explain the math behind the 'save one life is 16k' comment? I'm not sure I follow that. Not trying to be difficult, trying to understand.

Again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. The overall infection mortality rate from covid19 is 0.15%. It is highly age dependent. As low as 0.0003% for healthy under age 50. The number needed to harm from vaccination (harm=death as endpoint) is 4/100,000. The number needed to treat (vaccinate) to save one life (from conservative estimate) is 16,000. If you do the math that equates to 6 lives saved for 100,000 vaccinated. This is not odd as far as vaccinations go. What is not usual is the math that according to the data 4 lives are lost due to vaccination. so...... you save 6 lives while sacrificing 4.

Meaning, for every 3 lives you save from vaccination you kill 2 people.

I have spent 18 months looking at this data, to the exclusion of my personal and professional life. Please correct me if I am wrong.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    While it may feel good to give in to emotions, fighting toe-to-toe is not always the best course of action. Read some Sun Tzu if you have trouble understanding this.
    Is this Hurling’s alt account?