starting strength gym
Page 1499 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 4999991399144914891497149814991500150115091549159919992499 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 14,990 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Predominant Role of Bacterial Pneumonia as a Cause of Death in Pandemic Influenza: Implications for Pandemic Influenza Preparedness
    Results
    The postmortem samples we examined from people who died of influenza during 1918–1919 uniformly exhibited severe changes indicative of bacterial pneumonia. Bacteriologic and histopathologic results from published autopsy series clearly and consistently implicated secondary bacterial pneumonia caused by common upper respiratory–tract bacteria in most influenza fatalities.

Conclusions
    The majority of deaths in the 1918–1919 influenza pandemic likely resulted directly from secondary bacterial pneumonia caused by common upper respiratory–tract bacteria. Less substantial data from the subsequent 1957 and 1968 pandemics are consistent with these findings. If severe pandemic influenza is largely a problem of viral-bacterial copathogenesis, pandemic planning needs to go beyond addressing the viral cause alone (e.g., influenza vaccines and antiviral drugs). Prevention, diagnosis, prophylaxis, and treatment of secondary bacterial pneumonia, as well as stockpiling of antibiotics and bacterial vaccines, should also be high priorities for pandemic planning.
    Now I will leave it up to you to guess who was a co-author of this study and maybe just maybe certain doctors are very much aware of bacterial pneumonia and its impact on the death rate for covid patients.

As usual, I am being controversial. What are your thoughts, Michael Grantham, about the possibility of bacterial pneumonia being misdiagnosed and therefore not treated accordingly, resulting in unneeded deaths in the hospital setting?

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Predominant Role of Bacterial Pneumonia as a Cause of Death in Pandemic Influenza: Implications for Pandemic Influenza Preparedness

Now I will leave it up to you to guess who was a co-author of this study and maybe just maybe certain doctors are very much aware of bacterial pneumonia and its impact on the death rate for covid patients.

As usual, I am being controversial. What are your thoughts, Michael Grantham, about the possibility of bacterial pneumonia being misdiagnosed and therefore not treated accordingly, resulting in unneeded deaths in the hospital setting?
    My uncle got pneumonia as did our friend Tom Woods. It actually seemed to be very common. It also might explain Italy a lot more; Italy has issues with things like pneumonia, tuberculosis, cardio-pulmonary disease, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's the same government whose brilliant leadership has destroyed the economy of the world. Name one single thing that has been done correctly.

Why is Afghanistan falling to the Taliban so fast? | Daniel L Davis | The Guardian
    “Behind the scenes America’s senior leaders have known, almost from the beginning, that the war was unwinnable,”

“instead of coming clean to the American people, they hid the truth or outright lied about it.”

“The mendacity deepened and expanded the US failure. The lying pointlessly increased the number of American casualties the US suffered, resulted in spending hundreds of billions that never had any chance of accomplishing a positive outcome”

“The US should have admitted the truth long ago”

Yep, sounds vaguely familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by jcockerham View Post
    I'm 28 years old, and the amount of crap I've heard referred to as the "Mark of the Beast" in my illustrious time being conscious is downright staggering. When are you guys going to be right? It reminds me of the fact that I've had to deal with phone calls and conversations from my borderline schizophrenic "Christian" father telling me that this or that modern geo-political event is a sign that the end is near. After the end in fact does not occur my father, and his legion of like minded doomsday rapture believing intellectuals, are not deterred. Somehow this is even more of a sign that the end is really near. It's a near near near end event sitting everything up in place for the end to finally come and save these scared shitless folks from having to contend with the certainty of death.

I also find a major contradiction in the conspiracy theorists who contend that everything is a staged event to control you. For one - all of us own cell phones. We are okay with Amazon and Facebook tracking our every move and selling our eyeballs for advertisements and manipulating you with algorithms to get you to spend your money to the tune of we are all fucking broke. But yet if someone asks us to pay a little more in tax we all lose our collective fucking minds.
    You are making an awful lot of assumptions here.

Quote Originally Posted by jcockerham View Post
    Here's the cool thing if I'm Facebook or Apple or Amazon or anyone that stands to make a buck from manipulating you. Get pissed about vaccines and the government and what have you all the while forgetting that I'm the one that's actually doing the most damage to you.
    What? Be angrier at silicon valley and forget the vaccines? Um...I see both as aspects of the same fucking problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    “Behind the scenes America’s senior leaders have known, almost from the beginning, that the war was unwinnable,”

“instead of coming clean to the American people, they hid the truth or outright lied about it.”

“The mendacity deepened and expanded the US failure. The lying pointlessly increased the number of American casualties the US suffered, resulted in spending hundreds of billions that never had any chance of accomplishing a positive outcome”

“The US should have admitted the truth long ago”

Yep, sounds vaguely familiar.
    Vietnam 2 is way more of a disaster than Vietnam 1. At least in Vietnam 1 they didn't get all our neat military vehicles and equipment when we bailed.

This Afghanistan business is incredibly white pilling - it shows a force like the Taliban, up against the largest empire in history, who had nothing more than their fanaticism and a cause they fundamentally believed in. It shows Western powers are no longer able to create artificial liberal rule over a population which doesn't want it. This is a loss to the globalists and American empire.

Besides, the Taliban assured the US of its willingness to uphold the TAPI pipeline deal, so that's all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post

I don't find the idea that these infectios are actually bacterial infections rather than SARS-CoV-2 infections all that plausible. However there is evidence that confections and secondary infections are associated with poorer outcome. Given the well-known association of other respiratory viruses with secondary infections, I assume that this is something that clinicians are watching out for, but I can't say for sure.

Here are the safety data reported from Moderna’s TeenCOVE study to NEJM.

Unsolicited AEs do not include solicited AEs such as headache and fatigue.