COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1503

starting strength gym
Page 1503 of 2315 FirstFirst ... 5031003140314531493150115021503150415051513155316032003 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,030 of 23148

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #15021
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    14

    Default F*CK the media...

    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022

  2. #15022
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What have YOU got, od? Saying shit like this to Jenni will get you questioned yourself.

    Go easy on him Rip. Od proposed a workable approach to effing the system while still living within it, and Jenni implied that to do things this way is to be a pussy. She wrote many pages ago that it was better to wear the medical masks and not some eff you version, to shock people into realizing how insane these new rules are, rather than normaling the unnatural behavior.

    Jenni, kudos to you for pointing out an interpretation of this vexxine work-around (bribe the nurse to vexxinate the trash can instead of you, behind closed doors) that I hadn't even considered, but od is right here: the treatment of the 1/6ers shows how futile and painful it is to go too far risking financial and physical well-being as you try to buck the system. Shop maskless and refuse the temperature checks, yes- as far as I know no one's getting arrested or heavily prosecuted for shunning the muzzle. But getting oneself fired over the illegal vexxine mandates when a workaround such as od1's exists seems shortsighted.

    Russia has forever had people forging medical, knowledge test (for immigration), and other docs - it's how you survive within such regimes without actually giving in to the inane demands. When I went to Kiev for a new Russian visa many years ago, I was told at the consulate that I'd need a negative HIV test result. My American mind was infuriated that, after all the calls and research I'd done before the visa run, I was incorrectly being told I'd, in fact, actually need to do this test!!
    But then when I reached the HIV test "office" (an apartment down the road), after paying a fee the worker simply printed my negative HIV test certificate with my name typed onto it.

    Embrace the new second world normal- it's a work in progress for 40+ years that is finally coming to be!

  3. #15023
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    —The Taliban’s new buddies are the ChiComs. Belt and Road. Whether they will fare better in the Graveyard of Empires than anyone else in the last 200 years is yet to be determined. But they sure are going to look to make a buck there.
    Instead of pretending Afghans could magically become Chinese, the Chinese will just colonize the place with actual Chinese people and slowly displace the native population until they are no longer an issue.

  4. #15024
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    It's really easy behind a keyboard to rally the troops to fight vaccine tyranny, but how about actually doing it? It reminds me of the guys that were all gung-ho about going into to combat, but then when the bullets start flying, what happens? They freeze. They call out for mommy. They make mistakes. Have you actually risked your life, limb, livelihood to resist vaccine (or mask) mandates? Tell us your story... Otherwise, I don't think you have much to stand on to lead the charge of resistance. Show us what you got.... and perhaps we'll follow.
    I have told quite a bit of my story on this board because it's nice to have a little idea of who you're talking to since we're not having these conversation over beers in person. I've already said that I own a business in a Democrat controlled city. I'm sure anyone with a brain can make proper assumptions about the laws I might be breaking and the fines and repercussions that come with that. I feel no need to detail such potentially illegal or dangerous actions so that those who can't put two and two together can be comforted. I also feel that good leaders are not boastful but instructive. Like others here I've tried to drop breadcrumbs for those who are interested. Resources on this thread have ranged from how to get meds like Ivermectin (which I'm happy to help with when I'm asked) to how to hide ones tracks on the net. If you aren't getting in touch with like minded folks in your area, you need to be. I would hope everyone here is working their own networks to help friends and family get around the system where necessary. I'd like to see somewhat of a network form here. I suspect the seeds of one have.

    I've been at this "individualism" thing a long time. When shit hit the fan last year I was prepared. I am happy to share any of those lessons with any who seek them. I can honestly say that my efforts to navigate a pro-vax regime while remaining unvaxxed have not included bribing the pharmacy tech. I think it ought to be obvious that appearing to comply sends about the same signal as compliance itself. Though, I suppose in any resistance movement there is a place for those who prefer to blend in so I don't write those people off completely but I also don't think those people are going to get us where we need to be. I can't think of anything less useful than me detailing exploits on a public forum so that you are impressed enough to do the things you should be doing anyway. If you've read my posts you'd know I've lost almost everything one can lose. I don't actually have anything left to risk. Except my freedom. (Janice Joplin, anyone?) So even if I detailed my actions what is there to impress you? The one thing I have left- freedom- is the one thing I'm protecting with my resistance. Without that freedom life is pretty meaningless so it's not much of a risk to put life on the line for it. One could argue that my business is an aspect of my freedom and thus I am risking that with non-compliance but I'm smart. If they shut me down in one direction I'll simply go another.

    If one employs your tactic of blending in then at what point do you draw the line? If the people who know this bullshit is bullshit don't refuse but instead appear to comply at what point does the appearance end and actual compliance start? At what point do ya'll plan to make your disagreement known? Because I assure you, when they are packing you off to the containment camps is too late.

  5. #15025
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Perhaps you should get some help comprehending some very important parts of it, then?

    It's really easy behind a keyboard to rally the troops to fight vaccine tyranny, but how about actually doing it? It reminds me of the guys that were all gung-ho about going into to combat, but then when the bullets start flying, what happens? They freeze. They call out for mommy. They make mistakes. Have you actually risked your life, limb, livelihood to resist vaccine (or mask) mandates? Tell us your story... Otherwise, I don't think you have much to stand on to lead the charge of resistance. Show us what you got.... and perhaps we'll follow.
    You should have read more of Jennis' posts before making that comment. I am sure she could teach you a few things. This woman is a courageous Warrior!

  6. #15026
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Go easy on him Rip. Od proposed a workable approach to effing the system while still living within it, and Jenni implied that to do things this way is to be a pussy.
    My question had a point. Why should the tech administering shots risk their job for you? Surely you understand that little room next to the pharmacy where they give the shots probably has a camera. As does the rest of the pharmacy area. So if you aren't willing to take a risk and refuse it for your freedom (which is presumably VERY valuable) why on earth should an employee risk their annual salary and their job (which you state later in this post is short-sighted) for your freedom? I feel it's a reasonable question. But I also think putting that weight on another is a pussy thing to do. And rather manipulative. Carry your own weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    She wrote many pages ago that it was better to wear the medical masks and not some eff you version, to shock people into realizing how insane these new rules are, rather than normaling the unnatural behavior.
    IF one is going to wear one, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    But getting oneself fired over the illegal vexxine mandates when a workaround such as od1's exists seems shortsighted.
    What I would hope one would infer from my comment is that if your workplace is mandating vaccines it's probably time to look for new work. Mandating what you do in regards to your own health is not a small matter and it does not bode well for the future. Better to start looking at alternatives now rather than be forced later down the line when you are less prepared.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Russia has forever had people forging medical, knowledge test (for immigration), and other docs - it's how you survive within such regimes without actually giving in to the inane demands. When I went to Kiev for a new Russian visa many years ago, I was told at the consulate that I'd need a negative HIV test result. My American mind was infuriated that, after all the calls and research I'd done before the visa run, I was incorrectly being told I'd, in fact, actually need to do this test!!
    But then when I reached the HIV test "office" (an apartment down the road), after paying a fee the worker simply printed my negative HIV test certificate with my name typed onto it.

    Embrace the new second world normal- it's a work in progress for 40+ years that is finally coming to be!
    This isn't Russia. If I wanted to live like Russians I would go to Russia. And you see how that behavior has gotten Russians more of the same. So why would we want to go that direction here?

  7. #15027
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    The only viable use of the military in foreign policy is Sherman doctrine. It should only be used to burn a path to our enemies when the State Department fails, annihilate them, salt the earth, and then leave. This goes equally for countries who are enemies OR those who harbor them. It's the military, after all...

    In both theaters of the GWOT we could've done that. Easily. In months if not weeks. But the West has no stomach for it because the West is too soft for war. We've grown accustomed to policing actions.

    Also, anyone who thinks "millions" of Afghans were slaughtered is wrong about the war by orders of magnitude.

  8. #15028
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    If one employs your tactic of blending in then at what point do you draw the line? If the people who know this bullshit is bullshit don't refuse but instead appear to comply at what point does the appearance end and actual compliance start? At what point do ya'll plan to make your disagreement known? Because I assure you, when they are packing you off to the containment camps is too late.
    This is the concept I've been attempting to express to my family and friends, unfortunately with no great success. Polite compliance may lead to the total loss of our freedom. The authoritarian left knows this and uses our fear of conflict against us. The slippery slope is not always a fallacy.

    Stand your ground, voice your opinion, and force those in disagreement to to explain their positions. They, too, fear conflict, but they've become accustomed to bullying the agreeable and polite with little or no pushback.

    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Have you actually risked your life, limb, livelihood to resist vaccine (or mask) mandates? Tell us your story... Otherwise, I don't think you have much to stand on to lead the charge of resistance. Show us what you got.... and perhaps we'll follow.
    If you don't believe that Jenni would take a stand, then I don't believe you've been closely following this thread. I hope it doesn't come to the risk of life, limb, or livelihood, but as Jenni said, without freedom, life doesn't have much meaning--save for the pursuit of said freedom.

  9. #15029
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The military has been used all over the place, but for stuff like erecting unnecessary field hospitals and stuff, not for police work. I can kind of see this as a public health emergency thing. The military policing the restrictions on movement is on shaky ground for sure. The question is moot though, I donít see anyone actually challenging the government in Australia.
    A firearm amnesty is currently running alongside our national lockdowns, you can even leave your home to surrender an firearm which is considered a reasonable excuse to travel.

    You will see below how covid destroys firearms.

    Firearm Amnesty - Crime Stoppers Australia

  10. #15030
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    724

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    How do you conduct that type of operation in a country like Afghanistan? How do you annihilate them there? It's big, mountainous... So tons of places to adequately hide (right?). They don't need high tech, so taking that out wouldn't be effective at all.

    What should the approach have been?

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    The only viable use of the military in foreign policy is Sherman doctrine. It should only be used to burn a path to our enemies when the State Department fails, annihilate them, salt the earth, and then leave. This goes equally for countries who are enemies OR those who harbor them. It's the military, after all...

    In both theaters of the GWOT we could've done that. Easily. In months if not weeks. But the West has no stomach for it because the West is too soft for war. We've grown accustomed to policing actions.

    Also, anyone who thinks "millions" of Afghans were slaughtered is wrong about the war by orders of magnitude.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •