starting strength gym
Page 1542 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 54210421442149215321540154115421543154415521592164220422542 ... LastLast
Results 15,411 to 15,420 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I came across this BEFORE I had heard what went on.
    Sometimes, its much funnier when you see the "art" before the "real life"

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I claim the flawed and devastating Covid response happened without intelligent design. If you disagree, a very reasonable thing to do, who was the designer?

We can have the same conversation about the origins of life if that’s less political.
    I think this discussion would be fun over some good whiskey and face to face.

I had a thought today: does a panic attack induce hypoxia?

What are the ramifications of this condition, when you have a panic attack and covid?

Could the fear of dying from covid, cause more people to die from covid? Are people being put on ventilators not just because of the infection, but because the combination of physiological effects of that panic attack and infection potentiate hypoxia?

This may explain why Fluvoxamine is effective for treatment of covid.

One could argue, if this makes any sense, that every news source, and politician propegating the fear of covid may be commiting a serious crime.

Serious crimes committed by politicians are never prosecuted. They are encouraged and expected.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I think we both agree in this sense. I was just trying to point out that complex things (COVID response, Hitler, origins of life) come about when the conditions are ripe. Without crooked politicians, greedy hospital administrators, inept scientists, a slanted media, etc., etc., the response to COVID-19 being what it was, might not have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dbm77 View Post
    Don't bargain with or comply with anything a woman says at this point. They're all basically terrorists and need about a 10-week beat down whole as a gender (literally, phsyical beatdown camp) to distend this inflated ego that somehow got created.

They also know how to play good cop / bad cop and will stick to woman overall, so this one "reasonable" lady just showed there's blood in the water for the other sharks to turn up the heat because if someone gives a reasonable argument the man with power will back down.

At this point, women should only be dealt with on a discussion/material basis if they are begging for scraps of food at your feet and are willing to do literally anything for you, anything else is some fucking bullshit hive-mind nonsense and you better wise the fuck up because I'm tired of dealing with this
    Wow. You are a piece of shit. Not all men. Just you.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I'm starting to think the trucker blockade thing might actually happen in Australia. I'm not exactly sure who this lady is, but she seems genuinely afraid of them following through on their promises. Notice how she bargains with them, and tries to exploit their empathy.
    That lady is Pauline Hanson, a senator for Queensland. She's been around for ever, has never seemed very intelligent, but I guess that could be partly because the media dig her out whenever they want a punching bag. Welcome - Senator Pauline Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post

What are the ramifications of this condition, when you have a panic attack and covid?

Could the fear of dying from covid, cause more people to die from covid? Are people being put on ventilators not just because of the infection, but because the combination of physiological effects of that panic attack and infection potentiate hypoxia?

One could argue, if this makes any sense, that every news source, and politician propegating the fear of covid may be commiting a serious crime.
    I had the same thought regarding fluvoxomine a couple of months ago. Steve Hirsch is pretty convinced that there are other mechanisms at play however. Your hypothesis I am sure does play an impact though.
    I was also thinking about the placebo effect and how it has not only mental but physical manifestations. Now consider a super hyped placebo effect created by orchastrated psychological attacks everywhere you go and look coupled with the communal aspect of encouragement from peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    I had the same thought regarding fluvoxomine a couple of months ago. Steve Hirsch is pretty convinced that there are other mechanisms at play however. Your hypothesis I am sure does play an impact though.
    I was also thinking about the placebo effect and how it has not only mental but physical manifestations. Now consider a super hyped placebo effect created by orchastrated psychological attacks everywhere you go and look coupled with the communal aspect of encouragement from peers.

Underlying Medical Conditions and Severe Illness Among 540,667 Adults Hospitalized With COVID-19, March 2020–March 2021

An excerpt from the linked study:
    Anxiety and fear-related disorders were a prevalent condition in our sample; they were also the second highest risk factor for death among the underlying conditions considered in our study.

starting strength coach development program
    Presenting science to these boards is useless. This is how it's done: Parent puts school board on notice

My only suggestion is more squats and unlimited BBQ twice/week.

I'd happily take that Aussie lady Pauline Hanson as a Senator any day over Romney.