starting strength gym
Page 155 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 551051451531541551561571652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is my favorite thing. Bozos all over the world have become leading experts in epidemiology, infectious diseases, medical treatment, you name it. Fuck all of you sheep with your math, physics, chemistry, biology darling, ain’t nobody got time for all the schooling, here I come with my first hand observations, twenty minutes on Wikipedia and critical thinking.
    Love it.
    What about the doctors that do say it has shown a lot of promise? What about the cases where it has shown very good results? It appears people are automatically discrediting it because Trump is pushing it, rather than look at any evidence towards it. Again there are many doctors who speak very highly of it, and wasn’t it just passed by the fda for Coronavirus? I’m not that informed on it, but damn your response is hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fauci and Birx are probably being set up to take the blame for the destruction of the economy and our society. At least I hope they are. Like "The Intelligence Community" and their WMDs during Iraq -- only they still inhabit DC in perfect health, somehow.
    I was wondering why Trump continued to give Fauci the podium for so long when he's been basically 80-100% wrong about everything. He has missed the dartboard completely and now try's to play dumb and pretend the "models" were someone else's.

Fauci and Birx are probably being set up to take the blame for the destruction of the economy and our society. At least I hope they are. Like "The Intelligence Community" and their WMDs during Iraq -- only they still inhabit DC in perfect health, somehow.
    It is interesting that language (in this case, headlines) around Fauci is starting to be a bit more of this feel to it. I laughed when I saw this. But I'm not sure why.

Fauci says ‘rolling reentry’ of U.S. economy possible in May | Fox 59

Quote Originally Posted by chrisza View Post
    I was wondering why Trump continued to give Fauci the podium for so long when he's been basically 80-100% wrong about everything. He has missed the dartboard completely and now try's to play dumb and pretend the "models" were someone else's.
    Same thing back in the 80s with AIDS. Same fucking thing.

I’ve made the analogy of Covid with WMDs and Iraq too. For completeness, include “no or poor exit strategy”.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisza View Post
    I'm not sure I'd agree with this. Fauci is a politician with three decades worth of experience. He is very good at responding to questions without actually answering them from what I've seen. For instance, when asked about schools reopening, he led with an anecdote about his daughter who is a teacher, and proceeded to talk for several minutes about how next year would look different than this year. Hard to say he's wrong, honestly. Even his latest statement about earlier distancing saving more lives that's getting spun all sorts of ways. What he actually said was, "Obviously, if we had, right from the very beginning, shut everything down, it may have been a little bit different".

Hard to dispute the logic that if we had done things differently, it MAY have been different.

You keep trying to have the same conversation, and it's tiresome.
    It is tiresome. You keep citing numbers in support of your position that are just blatantly wrong. Not a little off. Just completely and utterly wrong by large factors.

And yes, of course the current fatalities are far lower than that expected for an unchecked outbreak. Do you think that could have something to do with the fact that, I don't know, it's not unchecked? As indicated by, you know, the very interventions you are so vociferously complaining about?

FFS: you already have as many deaths *right now* as in a fairly standard flu season. And we're *at best* nearing the peak of the outbreak. And that is *with* massive lock-downs implemented all over the place. How on Earth are you still making this argument that it's just a little bit worse than the flu?

It's your prerogative to think that what's happening is an over-reaction. And I know you believe that we're all just one small step away from North Korea. And by all means argue for the secession of Texas. All fine. But don't keep making up facts to justify your position along the way. That's just bullshit. I thought you were better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    And yes, of course the current fatalities are far lower than that expected for an unchecked outbreak. Do you think that could have something to do with the fact that, I don't know, it's not unchecked? As indicated by, you know, the very interventions you are so vociferously complaining about?
    This man has absolutely no idea about what's going on. I suppose this is what living in NYC does to the human mind.

This man has absolutely no idea about what's going on. I suppose this is what living in NYC does to the human mind.
    I don't live in NYC. But tell me, what's going on?

starting strength coach development program
    I don't believe you.