starting strength gym
Page 1560 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 56010601460151015501558155915601561156215701610166020602560 ... LastLast
Results 15,591 to 15,600 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Of course it's possible that the paper is wrong -- it appears in a peer-reviewed journal. It may even be retracted. But the effectiveness of masks has been studied extensively already.
    I would suggest you actually read the study as everything I wrote was parroted directly from the authors in their discussion.

Analysis of the Effects of COVID-19 Mask Mandates on Hospital Resource Consumption and Mortality at the County Level

It would be helpful if you could provide some context and thought regarding what you write. If you want to bolster your case regarding the ineffectiveness of the mask mandate it would help if you provided data regarding increased compliance of mask wearing between the two defined periods of time in the study (prior to the mask mandate vs after the mask mandate) within that specific population in the study. Without doing so the results of that study are completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Afghan terrorist's get access to Twitter while Trump is banned. What type of country are you folk running over there? Why do you continue to use that treasonous social networking organization?

Twitter Gives Taliban Spox A Platform While Keeping Ban On 45th POTUS
    We use Twitter/Facebook because we are stupid, lazy, and afraid. Of greater concern are public officials like this one: New South Wales must be hell on earth… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

The "vaccines" don't work, they do far more harm than good, yet we are going to do them anyway, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
    I would suggest you actually read the study as everything I wrote was parroted directly from the authors in their discussion.

Analysis of the Effects of COVID-19 Mask Mandates on Hospital Resource Consumption and Mortality at the County Level

It would be helpful if you could provide some context and thought regarding what you write. If you want to bolster your case regarding the ineffectiveness of the mask mandate it would help if you provided data regarding increased compliance of mask wearing between the two defined periods of time in the study (prior to the mask mandate vs after the mask mandate) within that specific population in the study. Without doing so the results of that study are completely useless.
    As of right now, the post count on this thread is 15592. We've already discussed it, posted the studies, and know what they say. You should learn, but it's not my job to teach you.

Rip's got a new opponent. Who might it be? The crowd is getting restless...

We use Twitter/Facebook because we are stupid, lazy, and afraid. Of greater concern are public officials like this one: New South Wales must be hell on earth… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

The "vaccines" don't work, they do far more harm than good, yet we are going to do them anyway, forever.
    This is actually a hidden positive. They have been saying explicitly that their "elimination" unicorn is made up. They were "eliminating" the bug up until a month ago. So maybe they will stop the lockdowns in five years instead of never?

They will stop the lockdowns when the become afraid to continue them. Not a second earlier.

__________________________________________________ ________

Here's a good piece about the future of the Biden administration: Barring a Miracle (They Do Occur), It Is Hard To See Biden's Presidency Going on Three More Years

Is it possible that this study design provided a lower quality of evidence that was limited by the fact that it was not directly measuring the effectiveness of the mask, but rather the effectiveness of the adherence to the mask mandate or possibly the transfer of patients from smaller hospitals to larger regional centers for treatment?
    This whole mess has been about splitting hairs, which is what you're implying is important here. It's also about using weasel words to get around hard data.

From the broadest view, mandates have not worked. This is clear when comparing any two randomly selected countries, states, counties, or cities and comparing outcomes. They make not a goddamned bit of good and we can see clearly they don't. You plot the dates that mandates go into effect and you see if not negative correlation in outcome, no change in outcome.

Self-reporting aside, if they were the panacea that these sociopaths have touted they are, even the slightest change in adoption should show a clear effect. But, it doesn't and never has. What's the fucking use if you have to be so fucking precise and controlled about its application that makes it worthwhile in any large-scale public use?

Anyone with any measure of common sense thought that strapping a piece of fabric or paper or whatever over your face was next to pointless, but at the end of the day, that was really the issue, now wasn't it?

No. The burden is on you to prove their effectiveness without obfuscation, manipulation of data, or logical trickery.

Wrong. The burden of proof lies only with those who claim masks do work. Follow the science.

Furthermore any study asserting that masks don’t work is proven true because the controls and techniques are easily challengeable, as you point out.

As of right now, the post count on this thread is 15592. We've already discussed it, posted the studies, and know what they say. You should learn, but it's not my job to teach you.
    Granted, I haven't read every post in this thread, but I have been loosely following this discussion for long enough to realize that the preponderance of your information is comprised of linking to right wing vlogs and twitter posts that you use to support your position. It is an intellectually dishonest conversation that you tend to have. Honestly, I haven't even said your position regarding masks was wrong. Just that the argument you were attempting to make wasn't supported by that study without providing more supporting information. As I said previously, if you can show that there was an increased use of masks following the mandate and that there as no net effect on variables such as increased hospitalizations, ICU bed availability, etc. then you can provide a lot more support for your attempted argument. Otherwise, all you may have shown was a lack of compliance with the mask mandate. That would be an important discussion point, no?

I understand, fact based arguments are more difficult to make and may require research and understanding nuance. Given that you are either lazy or simply just don't have the capacity for critical thought in your analysis, there is nothing you would be able to teach. Although, I may be mistaken. As you said, there were nearly 16K posts in this thread so far. Perhaps you or one of your other posters could point me towards the article that was posted which reflected the compliance with the mask mandate in those specific counties in Texas within those time frames. If that was in fact discussed, I will retract my argument.

I would suggest that those social media organizations which emanate from the States have and are doing more harm to this world than a vaccine. As I told you before I have been vaccinated for just about every thing under the sun because of the work I did and because of I where I went. Tetanus shots last about 10 years, flu shots change because the flu virus changes, the immunity for whatever does not last forever, even cattle need vaccinations as you would know if you still have stock on your property. It is just how is goes. My concern is that this CV-19 vaccine is becoming a right of passage and without a cv-19 certificate freedom as we once know it will be gone.

and they will become afraid to continue them only when a critical mass of us stop paying attention to their bullshit and act like free citizens. As long as we have knuckleheads drivingr cars, or walking dogs on trails, alone, with a cloth mask on their stupid faces, we're doomed. Reports of the "Fuck Joe Biden" chants trending at sporting events are a hopeful sign.

starting strength coach development program
    Granted, I haven't read every post in this thread, but I have been loosely following this discussion for long enough to realize that the preponderance of your information is comprised of linking to right wing vlogs and twitter posts that you use to support your position. It is an intellectually dishonest conversation that you tend to have. Honestly, I haven't even said your position regarding masks was wrong. Just that the argument you were attempting to make wasn't supported by that study without providing more supporting information. As I said previously, if you can show that there was an increased use of masks following the mandate and that there as no net effect on variables such as increased hospitalizations, ICU bed availability, etc. then you can provide a lot more support for your attempted argument. Otherwise, all you may have shown was a lack of compliance with the mask mandate. That would be an important discussion point, no?

I understand, fact based arguments are more difficult to make and may require research and understanding nuance. Given that you are either lazy or simply just don't have the capacity for critical thought in your analysis, there is nothing you would be able to teach. Although, I may be mistaken. As you said, there were nearly 16K posts in this thread so far. Perhaps you or one of your other posters could point me towards the article that was posted which reflected the compliance with the mask mandate in those specific counties in Texas within those time frames. If that was in fact discussed, I will retract my argument.
    1. Okay George, compliance with the mask mandate in Bexar County within those time frames has not been discussed on this forum. Your capacity for critical thought clearly exceeds mine. Where do I send your T-shirt?

2. For about the 15th time, let me repeat that I post these links for your information, not because I necessarily agree with everything in them.

3. Are you arguing that masks are effective in stopping the spread of COVID-19?

4. This is a good place to repost this: Leading From Fear | Points and Figures