COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1561

starting strength gym
Page 1561 of 1676 FirstFirst ... 561106114611511155115591560156115621563157116111661 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,610 of 16758

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #15601
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,414

  2. #15602
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    371

    Default

    One has to be careful about whether the argument is about masks or mask mandates. There is plenty of laboratory data that support the idea that masks should be able to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2. There are even laboratory data that show that masks reduce the amount of virus in exhaled breath of people with SARS-CoV-2 infections. Things get weird when you move out of the lab and into populations. It's far more difficult to find data that suggest that mask mandates have been effective at reducing SARS-CoV-2 transmission.

  3. #15603
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    The ability for humanity to adapt in the face of true danger is a wonderment indeed!

  4. #15604
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
    Granted, I haven't read every post in this thread, but I have been loosely following this discussion for long enough to realize that the preponderance of your information is comprised of linking to right wing vlogs and twitter posts that you use to support your position. It is an intellectually dishonest conversation that you tend to have. Honestly, I haven't even said your position regarding masks was wrong. Just that the argument you were attempting to make wasn't supported by that study without providing more supporting information. As I said previously, if you can show that there was an increased use of masks following the mandate and that there as no net effect on variables such as increased hospitalizations, ICU bed availability, etc. then you can provide a lot more support for your attempted argument. Otherwise, all you may have shown was a lack of compliance with the mask mandate. That would be an important discussion point, no?

    I understand, fact based arguments are more difficult to make and may require research and understanding nuance. Given that you are either lazy or simply just don't have the capacity for critical thought in your analysis, there is nothing you would be able to teach. Although, I may be mistaken. As you said, there were nearly 16K posts in this thread so far. Perhaps you or one of your other posters could point me towards the article that was posted which reflected the compliance with the mask mandate in those specific counties in Texas within those time frames. If that was in fact discussed, I will retract my argument.
    So we get a lecture on debate rules, then he acknowledges all of the previous posts but it’s the people here that are lazy for not spoon feeding him the information that he’s apparently incapable of finding himself. Fuck off.

  5. #15605
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This whole mess has been about splitting hairs, which is what you're implying is important here. It's also about using weasel words to get around hard data.

    From the broadest view, mandates have not worked. This is clear when comparing any two randomly selected countries, states, counties, or cities and comparing outcomes. They make not a goddamned bit of good and we can see clearly they don't. You plot the dates that mandates go into effect and you see if not negative correlation in outcome, no change in outcome.

    Self-reporting aside, if they were the panacea that these sociopaths have touted they are, even the slightest change in adoption should show a clear effect. But, it doesn't and never has. What's the fucking use if you have to be so fucking precise and controlled about its application that makes it worthwhile in any large-scale public use?

    Anyone with any measure of common sense thought that strapping a piece of fabric or paper or whatever over your face was next to pointless, but at the end of the day, that was really the issue, now wasn't it?



    No. The burden is on you to prove their effectiveness without obfuscation, manipulation of data, or logical trickery.
    or using a spray with a dummies head in a dark room with ultra Violet rays to somehow proove absolutely nothing but still somehow call it research, to the extent that countries use this fucking data to suffocate their citizens in the blazing sun of summer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Of greater concern are public officials like this one: New South Wales must be hell on earth… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

    The "vaccines" don't work, they do far more harm than good, yet we are going to do them anyway, forever.
    This thing is a sad ugly hag!

  6. #15606
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    One has to be careful about whether the argument is about masks or mask mandates. There is plenty of laboratory data that support the idea that masks should be able to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2. There are even laboratory data that show that masks reduce the amount of virus in exhaled breath of people with SARS-CoV-2 infections. Things get weird when you move out of the lab and into populations. It's far more difficult to find data that suggest that mask mandates have been effective at reducing SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
    Has anyone here not been careful? Out them. Otherwise your thinly veiled straw men are becoming too obvious.

  7. #15607
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    46,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    One has to be careful about whether the argument is about masks or mask mandates. There is plenty of laboratory data that support the idea that masks should be able to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2. There are even laboratory data that show that masks reduce the amount of virus in exhaled breath of people with SARS-CoV-2 infections. Things get weird when you move out of the lab and into populations. It's far more difficult to find data that suggest that mask mandates have been effective at reducing SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
    Wonder why that might be? Could other vectors be a factor? Is there data to suggest that ILI transmission across the whole population can be halted by any means? Does that sound researchy enough?

  8. #15608
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    IVM trial is garbage. They are enrolling only age 65+, up to 14 days after symptoms begin, and limiting to 3 days of IVM. They will end up enrolling severely ill high risk pts, and not treating them long enough.

    They have carefully designed it to fail. As usual.
    And they don't even require a positive test, nor do they exclude vaccinated or otherwise treated patients. Compare to Pfizer's RCT for their forthcoming oral medication: 18+, unvaccinated, positive test + symptoms within 5 days, at least 1 comorbidity, and twice-daily treatment for 5 days.

  9. #15609
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Has anyone here not been careful? Out them. Otherwise your thinly veiled straw men are becoming too obvious.
    I suppose that if you want me to dig up posts that say "masks don't work." I could, but the more important part of my post was the part where I agreed that mask mandates have not worked. If that's a thinly veiled strawman I don't know what to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Wonder why that might be? Could other vectors be a factor? Is there data to suggest that ILI transmission across the whole population can be halted by any means? Does that sound researchy enough?
    I guess we should write a grant proposal.

  10. #15610
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    The ability for humanity to adapt in the face of true danger is a wonderment indeed!
    I suggested to the owner of a local cigar shop/club to brand cigar masks. They were under “orders” to enforce masks unless seated, same lunatic rules for restaurants. Try to get your head around that one!

    Anyway, the mask mandate ended before they could get them made.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •