starting strength gym
Page 1619 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 61911191519156916091617161816191620162116291669171921192619 ... LastLast
Results 16,181 to 16,190 of 30198

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I think it's more certain countries' governments vary in susceptibility to the same people trying to pull all their strings. "Build Back Better" is everywhere, but some governments are pushing it a lot more brazenly than others.
    Build Back Better, and the New Normal could be code for Year One Millenarianism and Jacobinism, and thermally doing a good job on their new Secular Religion and New Puritanism.

Secular Religion and the New Puritanism | Art of Manliness

Quote Originally Posted by giampierod View Post
    I can respect the unwavering adherence to ideology. I am not going to battle you on this one.
    I do not want to battle you either. I support the pro lockdown stance.

COVID-19 mortality risk correlates inversely with vitamin D3 status, and a mortality rate close to zero could theoretically be achieved at 50 ng/ml 25(OH)D3: Results of a systematic review and meta-analysis | medRxiv

https://cf5e727d-d02d-4d71-89ff-9fe2...84acf8069a.pdf

If Vaccine Adverse Events Tracking Systems Do Not Support Causal Inference, then “Pharmacovigilance” Does Not Exist

There are two messages from those who hold appointed offices or other influential positions in Public Health on long-term vaccine safety.

The first message is that long-term randomized double blinded placebo-controlled clinical trials are not necessary for the long-term study of vaccine safety because we have “pharmacovigilance”; i.e. longterm post-market safety surveillance that is supported by widely accessible, passive vaccine adverse events tracking systems.

The second message is that any use of those very same vaccine adverse events tracking systems that leads to the inference or conclusion that vaccines might cause serious adverse events or death is unsupported by such systems.

So which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    DeSantis on Australia: "I wonder why we would have the same diplomatic relations when they're doing that"

https://twitter.com/MichaelPSenger/s...51330021068804
    A Florida Man is a Free Man.

He's far from perfect, and will undoubtedly fuck us at some point, but, man oh man, DeSantis.

Quote Originally Posted by giampierod View Post
    I can respect the unwavering adherence to ideology. I am not going to battle you on this one.
    Imagine after 18 months of utter failure by every metric which is plain to the average person that you chalk it up to "adherence to ideology."

Don't battle; you'll lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He's a showman!
    I might go so far as to say conman. Given his track record, this story, as all media productions, should not be taken at face value. There is likely a healthy dose of bullshit baked in along with some money changing hands.

The evil on display here is almost incomprehensible: Amazon.com

This is also important, with little Greta Thunberg running around:

Science is not the best argument that can explain the data; it’s the process of approaching the truth asymptotically, with ever increasing accuracy, by getting rid of possibilities that do not survive bona fide critical tests.

Yup, I’m with you on this. Unreal!

This is also important, with little Greta Thunberg running around:
    Blah, blah, blah…

starting strength coach development program
    Is this the same Bill Phillips that published Muscle Media 2000?
    People love a good anecdote -- when it aligns with their own bias.

One might look at a story like this where someone catches covid a second time and has such a severe case and wonder just how "healthy" the dude's immune system was, to begin with. Maybe he was just terribly unlucky. Anyways, exceptions don't invalidate the rule.